Help me please

Edited on 01/12/2012 at 8:28:30 AM PST

IBmeWhoU
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Re:help level 18 please

[Post New]by IBmeWhoU on Jan 12, 12 1:40 PM
Trying to figure this one out as well. I guess I have the water towers in the wrong places and the inns also in the wrong places. Going back through and see if I can get it right.

[Post New]by page1962 on Jan 13, 12 3:09 PM
If anyone can help on this level, I could use some. A walk through would help too.

IBmeWhoU
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by IBmeWhoU on Jan 14, 12 8:10 AM
Ok, numbering the rows from 1 to 3 ..lets just leave the gold mine alone.
Row 1 at the top Left where you can't get to until after the fire is out I built an Inn. Next to that a store, then another Inn .. after you get through the second quest and can destroy the sawmill build a RR there
Second row or middle row build 2 water towers side b;y side and an Inn then another water tower and a store
bottom row, after you destroy the RR station build a house or an Inn as this will give you the 5 ppl you need to complete the goal and then the town hall next to that.
There might be other combinations to get through this goal but this one worked for me and gave me the expert I needed for the train part.
Good Luck and hope it helps.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 14, 12 9:23 AM
(ETA started this before seeing above answer, so may as well post it anyway)

Speak to professor (ends stage 1)

Collect 30 gold near pond

Build a sheriff's office next to the store (makes the whole row OK for building homes).

While it's being built, use spare workers to collect all the wood that's lying around (can't get to the bit beyond the professor's new position yet) & buy 20 gold from the train (bottom left of screen)

Build an inn next to the new sheriff's office (middle space of that row)

Build another inn at the left end of that row (before sending a worker to collect the first 2 gold from the general store)

You now have enough population to buy a 6th worker, but may have to wait for end of current rent cycle (to have enough money).

Put out the fire, collect wood & the watch (note access to another inn) and give watch to the professor.

That gets access to the sawmill - produce 1000 wood while using spare workers to collect the wood and gold that you can now reach (keep collecting gold from the general store too).

You should have enough gold to build a saloon in the empty site in the top row (if not, don't worry - there is more time for stage 2 than this solution needs, just keep collecting gold from the general store and build that saloon as soon as you can)

You can send a spare worker to demolish the wagon in the middle row while the saloon is being built.

Saloon completion ends stage 2

Build another inn where you just demolished the wagon

You'll find that you need more gold for upgrades (& selling & maybe repairs too) so wait until all 6 workers are available (which will be when they finish building the inn, and maybe after collecting more gold at the store and saloon) and send them to mine 50 gold (gold mine is at bottom right of screen).

Buy another 4 workers, keep collecting gold whenever it appears at the saloon/store but concentrate on upgrading the inns enough to reach 125 population (see next post).

You should have enough gold to be able sell the first 100 gold (of the 150 goal) without upsetting your upgrade work, but keep an eye on your wood levels and make another 500 wood at some point (also keep collecting gold at your commercial buildings).

Don't be in too much of a hurry to sell the last 50 gold, because sometimes the offer is sell 100 & could interrupt your upgrades.

cont

Edited on 01/14/2012 at 11:25:10 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 14, 12 9:59 AM
.................. contd

By the time you have 4 basic inns, you already have 100 population so you only need to make enough upgrades to get the extra 25. I had made far more upgrades before I noticed that I had met that goal but I think that having the population boost upgrade on all 4 of them + one star on just 3 of them should be enough because:

Basic inn = 25 population
Population boost upgrade = +4
1st basic upgrade = + 3
2nd basic upgrade = + 3
3rd (final) basic upgrade = +5

Final step:
It should be possible to get the 125 population with plenty of time left to sell more gold (which you should already have) at the train station to cover the last 50 of the 'selling 150 gold' goal.

--------------------------------------
ETA I played this over a few times and on one occasion the game was mean (just kidding - I think it's either random or was to counteract my having loads of time left ): When I wanted to sell the last 50 gold it only offered to buy 5, but there was enough time to wait for it to come back for the rest (and anyway, the other times I played, it let me sell 100 the first time and 50 the second time).

Edited on 01/14/2012 at 11:34:11 AM PST

[Post New]by page1962 on Jan 14, 12 12:05 PM
Thank you both so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to: