help level 16

[Post New]by pinkcadgirl on Jan 12, 12 5:33 PM
How do you serve 60 people in each commercial building. I can get one but I can never get the other. The higher I can get is 50 people in the second one.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Re:help level 16

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 12, 12 7:59 PM
If you make each commercial building a general store, each will service an entire row (street) the whole way across the screen.

So if you have a general store in each of the top 2 rows, you will only need 2 inns in each row (partially upgraded - I gave each the population boost upgrade and just one normal upgrade and they held 32 people each) to be able to meet the 2 commercial buildings covering 60 people goal.

I built a sawmill and trading post (train station) in the bottom row for my wood and early gold needs.

Bit more detail (in white text) on how to fit everything in:

ETA To read the spoilers, highlight the white text with your mouse to make it show up against the highlighted background

Top row *SPOILER* doesn't need a water tower so long as you don't demolish the sheriff's office. So you can fit 2 inns and one general store up there by just demolishing the one house that is next to the sheriff's office. *END SPOILER*

Second row down: *SPOILER* on the right side of screen, I replaced one wagon with an inn and one with a general store. To the left I needed to demolish a house to add a new inn & had to build a water tower below it first before I could build the inn *END SPOILER*

If you'd prefer a more step by step solution, there was already a thread about this level. Here's a link:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/194963.page

Edited on 01/14/2012 at 7:00:46 AM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jan 13, 12 6:18 PM
This isn't working for me. I can get 60 in one store but cannot get over 40 in the other no matter what I do.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 13, 12 10:38 PM
Are they definitely both general stores, not one a saloon (which has a different cover pattern and wouldn't work with the above solution)?

If both are general stores, what other buildings are in the same row as the '40' one?
& what populations do any homes in that row have?

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jan 14, 12 4:00 AM
I have the one store in the top row. That is the one that won't hit 60 because I can only build one inn there. The other 3 lots have to be city buildings so I am stuck with a sheriff and 2 water towers. I have my inn upgraded all the way. My second store is in the next row and that one is fine because I can put 2 inns there.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jan 14, 12 6:57 AM
That explains it

Did you see the bits I wrote in white text in my first post? (You can highlight them with your mouse to make the text show up - I usually say that but didn't this time sorry).

Anyway, what you're missing (which I didn't see the game spell out in instructions but it does show with blue glows under sites if you hover your mouse over the existing sheriff's office) is that the sheriff's office has the same effect as a water tower but on a whole row.

(I only noticed that when I wondered why I was allowed to knock down the house next to S.O. and rebuild an inn there without a water tower).

So, while you have that S.O. there, you don't need those 2 water towers which you have built. You can have the 4 spaces on that row taken up by a sheriff's office, 2 inns and a general store.

Edited on 01/14/2012 at 7:09:10 AM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jan 15, 12 6:20 AM
Thank you!! That worked!!!

Go to: