moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

Industrial Theft

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Jan 15, 12 10:46 PM
Am I the only one who has realized that there is wholesale theft going on in this game?

The German chocolate company is bleeding the Baumiesters.

I lost 2000 sacks of Honduran cacao in one whack and I lost over 400 of my Master chocolates in one whack. The only way I could keep my Masters stuff from disappearing before I could turn it in, was to nail the shop where it got stolen, watch every single transaction in a log, and then check every single inventory after each sale. I finally got one item in every factory and boosted them to 400, and just kept them there until I could get them to SF.

This is not stuff going bad in inventory. Fly back to the Faulkland Islands and have another talk with Katherine Carpo. And have another talk with the woman in The Lookout in Morrocco. They are willing to talk if you keep after them. Who do you think that guy is who keeps running around asking "where the recipes are coming from?" This is not a throw away line.

This is a great game and there is a whole lot going on, if you want to play it out. And don't trust the lady in the sari.

I haven't figured this all out, but I know that it involves at least one member of the Baumeister family, maybe 2, one of the shops, and up to 2 of the cacao growers.

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

Re:Industrial Theft

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Jan 16, 12 10:17 AM
I'm bumping my own thread since I posted so late last night. I'd like to know if there's anyone alive during the dasytime who noticed this.

[Post New]by dthour on Feb 20, 12 1:59 AM
I love this game and have played it many times, but thought it ended when you reach Master Chocolatier level. (Other than continuing to fill random orders.)

Does it actually go beyond that?

Also, do you know of any other games where you can create and design your own food items? That's my favorite part!

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Feb 20, 12 11:38 PM
I played it up to the year 2025 and it was still going strong.

I wanted to make some different creations, so I started over last week under a different name, and it doesn't play the same. You still make chocolates and become a master chocolatier, but the details are different, quite a bit. Enough any way to keep my interest up in this game, too. I am way beyond Master chocolatier I'm up to the 1970's and still going ahead with even more interesting stuff and things to do.

Have fun and keep playing.

Go to: