Reviews for 2 Tasty Too

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Reviews for 2 Tasty Too

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 16, 12 12:24 AM
Hi Fishies!

We’d love to hear what you think of 2 Tasty Too; your reviews are very important to us and to other Fishies. And now you’re more than welcomed to post your thoughts about this game right from the 2 Tasty Too page over Here!

For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

You can also specify if you played the game from the trial version or the full version and on which level you ended your game play, so that other players can get more out of this discussion !

If you are experiencing technical issues with this game, remember to check out the support thread for this game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!
bfgKenai

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Reviews for 2 Tasty Too

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 16, 12 12:37 AM

Yum!!

I get very hungry playing this game. Fun, though!

I'll have to run out and get one of those New Year's cast off exercise machines that I am sure to find now in the second hand shops....

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jan 16, 12 1:03 AM
If you enjoyed the first game, you'll probably like this one. I didn't play the full demo, but I liked what I played. It's like a hidden object game and time management in one. You're given a list of ingredients to find on the screen in order to make a recipe, then you cook the ingredients and serve the dish to the customer in a timely fashion to get the most points. Some recipes have multiple steps. You get a sort of chain bonus for serving dishes at the same time. You can use the money you earn to upgrade your kitchen equipment, too. There is a choice between timed and relaxed modes. I like that there are trophies to earn, as well. I have three small gripes about this game. One: The grammar is pretty awful, and some of the items are labeled strangely or spelled incorrectly. It's not a huge deal, though. Two: The cutscenes. Holy guacamole, there are SO many cutscenes. As in (so far), there has basically been one after every single level. Tiny spoiler alert ahead: you get a trophy for watching all of the scenes, but I just can't do it. I find the story to be super boring and while the scenes are actually pretty short, they somehow feel like they drag on forever. You do have the choice to skip them, thankfully. Three: After you finish every level, there's a little loading time. I feel like the game could run a lot more smoothly. It's not that bad on my computer, and perhaps it might be the custom cursor's fault (although the cursor is cute). Other than that, the game seems pretty fun, so I'll probably be using a punch card credit to get it.

Edit: I had a level-ruining glitch occur (after I bought it, of course!). I finished every dish but one, and toward the end of the level, I could NOT click on the very last ingredient (eggs). I clicked on every egg I saw in the level, but the game would not accept it. I tried to hit the "SOS" button that automatically finishes a dish for you, but it would not work and kept giving me a negative buzzer sound. I had to redo the whole level and for some reason it worked the second time around.

Edited on 01/16/2012 at 2:47:25 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jan 16, 12 1:39 AM
This is a great game as well as the first was. It's part hidden object - time management. Customers come in and you have to find the ingredients on their order and prepare the dish for them then collect your money. There are little things in the levels which help achieve your goals faster like fireflies and golden coins. I purchased the game before the demo was up and what I've played so far it's lots of fun. If you liked the first you'll love this one. Great game nice graphics and a cute story. It has some really yummy looking food on it too bad I can't reach through the screen and eat some of it. Thank you Big Fish and developer's for this wonderful and fun sequel.

Edited on 01/16/2012 at 1:39:29 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jan 16, 12 3:02 AM
Well, what can I tell you?
I loved the first 2 Tasty and as much as I'm not a big HOG fan, I do like the ones that are integrated with TM and I love cooking games!
I was waiting for this one for a long time and I'm very exited it finally came out.
Just played my one hour trial and probably will purchase it, hoping it will prove to be a fun game to play.
One thing I didn't like so much though and I guess it'll take me a while to get used to it, if at all:
The choice to make it so I have to click the customer's ready mix of ingredients and than click it on the stove, pot or whatever kinda makes this game more like Gourmania 4 than 2 Tasty 2...
In the first 2 Tasty you just had to click the right kitchen utensil without clicking the mix and moving it. Kinda cracks the rhythm for me.
But I guess this is a future advice since it is unlikely someone will change this now. And as I said - I will buy this game and probably enjoy playing it. It's just this one thing that bothers me a bit and I hope Maximize Games will read this and take it under consideration.
As I play more I will further my review.
Thank you BigFish Games!

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Jan 16, 12 3:11 AM
Not really good - too jerky - hard to find stuff and too clicky for me.

I usually love TM but this was a very amateurish attempt - developers need to go back to the drawing board and actually develop a game that has some class about it.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jan 16, 12 4:15 AM
bertiepuppy wrote:Not really good - too jerky - hard to find stuff and too clicky for me.

I usually love TM but this was a very amateurish attempt - developers need to go back to the drawing board and actually develop a game that has some class about it.

Guess you're a bit more unforgiving than I am lol
I didn't have serious problems with finding ingredients
YET
(haven't even finished the first cafe though)
But I agree about the clicky thing - clicking the mixture, sometimes having to do it twice, and then the proper utensil is one too many clicks for me too. I don't mind clicking the fireflies though. It's just that one thing that was much better about the first 2 Tasty and not following it in the 2nd game kinda annoys me.
I guess some games get to succeed so very well, alongside our gamers tendency to rush things 'cause we so much love it, not to mention addicted, that sometimes sequels are rushed a bit too fast maybe. It's not always like that though and I'm not sure I see this one as such as a disaster - I do feel like keep playing it.

It's just that clicky thing really. Oh and also bonuses, which made a sound while switching rooms and changed each time at the first one, kinda changed their attitude as well. But that's easier to adjust to, I guess...

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Jan 16, 12 4:39 AM
Sorry, but this game is not to my taste. (Pardon the pun.) Really boring. I have credits to use, but there hasn't been a game worth buying in ages. I may be part of a minority here, but throw us a good TM game once in a while, Big Fish.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jan 16, 12 5:02 AM
Bailey868 wrote:Sorry, but this game is not to my taste. (Pardon the pun.) Really boring. I have credits to use, but there hasn't been a game worth buying in ages. I may be part of a minority here, but throw us a good TM game once in a while, Big Fish.

Yes please! I belong to same minority of TM people.
But the first 2 Tasty was also a good TM game.
(it was more like GoGoGourmet than Gourmania and that was a good thing)

Guess now it's just another HOG but with a twist.
Still much better than most HOG games where you really got no action but lots of time to ruin your eyes while learning your English.

I say this: If you will decide to make adjustments to this, fix bugs or whatever - please consider the clicking on mixtures before utensil and maybe fix that to be a bit more like the first one..
'cause I really believe this is where we, more TM, Action, Strategy people kind of loose interest. Although I did play the 1st one way more than once.
There's something about the rhythm here that is off and I believe this is what causing it. I hope you will consider to fix this as I believe this game has very good potential.

Oh and yes, some good games like "Royal Envoy 2" and "Rescue Team 2" and such did come out lately but there are never enough of non HOG or match 3 games and it has been a bit of a desert lately.
(For my taste, pun intended, the first 2 tasty was much more suitable for TM fans as well). But I will definitely play the entire game at least once
(I played games like 2 tasty 1, both gogo gourmet games, both shop n spree and such, way many more times)
I do like the fact that the recipes seem genuine this time.

[Post New]by lisaten on Jan 16, 12 5:09 AM
Fun game but needs further development. The grammar is really bad. The objects are fun to find. I enjoyed the demo but not enough to buy.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jan 16, 12 7:54 AM
This is my review based on the timed demo only. I really liked the first 2 Tasty. However in this one, Cole really needs to grow a pair and quit being so passive. I do not dislike the storyline but I do want to reach through the screen and shake that man.

Gameplay is very similar to the first one and I did not encounter any technical problems or bugs. I do like how you can right click to get to the other rooms instead of clicking on the arrows.

Definite buy for me. Great continuation of the first game.

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by gemangus on Jan 16, 12 8:34 AM
Bailey868 wrote:Sorry, but this game is not to my taste. (Pardon the pun.) Really boring. I have credits to use, but there hasn't been a game worth buying in ages. I may be part of a minority here, but throw us a good TM game once in a while, Big Fish.

same here. I once liked the haunted games and HOG, but that was literally years ago. BGF has fallen into the same old same old.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jan 16, 12 8:45 AM
URP If my kitchen was so messy, I would board up my kitchen and live on cold cereal and crackers. What an annoying game. I usually love TM games, and have a whole slew of them, but I won't be adding this one to my collection. The cursor is picky, some of the items are almost invisible (whipped cream, arrgh). I have a headache. And, are we really interested in the romantic angst? Sorry to sound like such a sour apple, but I need to take an antiacid and go lay down.

Edited on 01/16/2012 at 8:49:24 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jan 16, 12 8:48 AM
mary102696 wrote:This is my review based on the timed demo only. I really liked the first 2 Tasty. However in this one, Cole really needs to grow a pair and quit being so passive. I do not dislike the storyline but I do want to reach through the screen and shake that man.

Gameplay is very similar to the first one and I did not encounter any technical problems or bugs. I do like how you can right click to get to the other rooms instead of clicking on the arrows.

lol
for me not skipping the story on 1 hour trial is a waste of precious time but that's funny and I'll be sure to check it on my free purchased time soon...
although, I'm afraid I have to say that
THE GAMEPLAY IS NOT VERY SIMILAR TO THE FIRST ONE
some serious changes were made and unfortunately, not for the best of my taste
(although the paintings and dishes all look yummy and great!)
the right mouse click is a brilliant idea - you are correct!
and that is exactly the same as in the first 2 tasty - you can do it there too!

I'm buying it to give it a chance but I'm a little frustrated about some of the changes made. it's always the little things... lol

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jan 16, 12 8:54 AM
efi24 wrote:
mary102696 wrote:This is my review based on the timed demo only. I really liked the first 2 Tasty. However in this one, Cole really needs to grow a pair and quit being so passive. I do not dislike the storyline but I do want to reach through the screen and shake that man.

lol
for me not skipping the story on 1 hour trial is a waste of precious time but that's funny and I'll be sure to check it on my free purchased time soon...
although, I'm afraid I have to say that
THE GAMEPLAY IS NOT VERY SIMILAR TO THE FIRST ONE
some serious changes were made and unfortunately, not for the best of my taste
(although the paintings and dishes all look yummy and great!)
the right mouse click is a brilliant idea - you are correct!
and that is exactly the same as in the first 2 tasty - you can do it there too!

I'm buying it to give it a chance but I'm a little frustrated about some of the changes made. it's always the little things... lol

What changes are you speaking of exactly? I just got a new computer a month or so ago and just fully replayed the first one.

xdolphine
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by xdolphine on Jan 16, 12 9:06 AM
i love this 2 Tasty too !

Ooh.. this sequel is really really Eye Candy..
Oh.. and now, I Am Hungryy,,,
how could they made the dishes so yummy and great..!!

compare to the first one, this sequel is really something,
I just love everything I've seen, so bright, so beautiful..
(even Cole is cooler than Matthieu)

I love this I love this..
Definite buy for me. Great Sequel of the first one.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jan 16, 12 9:07 AM
I just got my computer a few months back and played the first 2 Tasty many times before and loving it,
It is different, there have been some game play changes that are not to my liking.
As I mentioned here and in the comments thread as well.

This reminds me of Gourmania more that 2 Tasty and I really am very sorry to say this.
Now I played gourmania games and they are sometimes fun to hang out with
but no where near a game and game play like 2 Tasty.

To my opinion...

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jan 16, 12 9:12 AM
oh I'm sorry mary102696, you meant about the right click thing?
I could always do that with the 1st game, have no idea why you can't and I can, never figured it's impossible for other players. Have you tried it again today?

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jan 16, 12 9:18 AM
I was referring to the "THE GAMEPLAY IS NOT VERY SIMILAR TO THE FIRST ONE " statement. But I see your response that you've already given. I just didn't know about the right clicking in the first one I guess.

The difference in clicking on the kitchen tools or dragging the meals in non-consequential in my opinion. However, to me, the overall gameplay is the same.

I'm sure I'm not as far as you are (I've finished the first restaurant) but we may have to agree to disagree. The first one was find the food, prepare and cook and serve. The bonuses are a little different but that's all I saw. We're all entitled to our opinions and I thank you for yours.

Edited on 01/16/2012 at 9:32:06 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jan 16, 12 9:37 AM
mary102696 wrote:I was referring to the "THE GAMEPLAY IS NOT VERY SIMILAR TO THE FIRST ONE " statement. But I see your response that you've already given. I just didn't know about the right clicking in the first one I guess.

I'm sure I'm not as far as you are (I've finished the first restaurant) but we may have to agree to disagree. The first one was find the food, prepare and cook and serve. The bonuses are a little different but that's all I saw. We're all entitled to our opinions and I thank you for yours.

Yes, the first one had a much better TM rhythm to it and maybe I'm more sensitive to that. I don't like having to stop looking at my kitchen and moving the mixture like this - it bugs me, maybe other people will agree with you, don't know, probably not TM people. The bonuses in the last game where like that that if you need one and you need them, if you're into timed mode and being an expert, you have consider that you only have few of them and that everytime you right-click to switch to a room, you might get a different bonus and have to look for it in a different place all over again, while customers are getting impatient and time is running out....

The 1st one was not only a very beautiful visuals for a hidden object games but also a great fun & action time mannagement game. They are different in this way.
I don't know, maybe some of the TM oriented game play features are more demanding in areas of developments that aren't the main core of HOG creators... I just wish a TM at heart group of developers worked on this to turn it from hey nice and cool and ok to wow what a great game! so far and maybe I won't mind it by the next restaurant but I am sure it was very much alive and kicking at the first 2 Tasty gameplay.

Oh and of course we're all entitled to our opinions, we can also agree on that!
I thank you for telling me your opinions as well
and my pleasure.

Edited on 01/16/2012 at 9:39:24 AM PST

Go to: