bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version available for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition! January 16, 2012

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 16, 12 1:02 AM
We have a new version of Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition available now! This version fixes the following:

- the blocker with the raven and the coin

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help page article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If your game is still giving you problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!
bfgKenai

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition! January 16, 20

[Post New]by tempeasu on Jan 16, 12 8:55 AM
I DID TRY THIS AND THE GAME IS STILL IN FREEZE MODE. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition! January 16, 20

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 16, 12 9:07 AM
Will installing this upgrade involve restarting the game, or will it save the player's profile?

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by tempeasu on Jan 16, 12 9:16 AM
WHEN I REINSTALLED THE GAME, IT BROUGHT ME TO THE SAME POINT THAT IT FROZE BEFORE. AND IT'S STILL IN FREEZE MODE.

sunsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sunsh on Jan 16, 12 9:53 AM
I had used the boomerang on the crow but the coin disappeared...i uninstalled and reinstalled the new version, but still missing the coin the crow had. Do I have to start all over???

Sunsh

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available for Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition! January 16, 2

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 16, 12 10:27 AM
tempeasu wrote:WHEN I REINSTALLED THE GAME, IT BROUGHT ME TO THE SAME POINT THAT IT FROZE BEFORE. AND IT'S STILL IN FREEZE MODE.

You might need to uninstall all files from your computer, which means also those save files you have in your "Username - AppData - Roaming" folder (you can see these folders only if you have ticked the "Show hidden files and folders" in the "Folder Option".

Good luck with the game.

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by tempeasu on Jan 16, 12 2:42 PM
THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME. TRIED THAT AND STILL, THE GAME JUST DOES NOT WANT TO WORK. OH WELL.

tempeasu
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by tempeasu on Jan 16, 12 2:46 PM
I HAVE READ OTHER POSTS, AND APPARENTLY, OTHERS HAVE HAD NO SUCCESS AS WELL.

dallipoo01
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dallipoo01 on Jan 16, 12 5:50 PM
Still does not work. I would like to finish this game sometime this year!!!!!!!

formerly
Clownfish
Clownfish
840 Posts

[Post New]by formerly on Jan 16, 12 6:52 PM
Thank You for fixing this, it was worth the wait. For anyone who still has issues, you may have to start from the begining with a new profile. That's how it worked for me. Thanx Again.

dallipoo01
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dallipoo01 on Jan 16, 12 10:16 PM
Changed profile, uninstalled and reinstalled and STILL DOES NOT WORK. Still freezes at the crow. HELP.

[Post New]by blackbudahfly on Jan 17, 12 4:35 PM
So I uninstalled and reinstalled and the game started right at the crow/boomerang part...still frozen. I then visited this forum and tried deleting the appdata roaming stuff. Uninstalled again and reinstalled. Had to restart the game from the beginning but it seemed to work. Then I got to the crow/boomerang part I got the chip in my inventory from the crow and started to go to the door with the astrology chip puzzle to unlock it and the game froze. Not only did it freeze the game, but control-alt-delete did not work either and had to reboot my laptop. On top of all this, going back into the game I got an error message that said my profile was corrupt and needed to be deleted....*sigh*...not happy at all. Great game...want to see how it turns out and loved the first one but this is ridiculous! Waited a week for you all to come up with a fix after I submitted a ticket and its still not fixed

[Post New]by battitude on Jan 18, 12 12:31 AM
Uninstalled older version, installed new version, still just as laggy as before. Impossible to play, will not be buying this one, shame as it looked like a good game.

[Post New]by martino1 on Jan 20, 12 6:25 AM
STILL DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Just tell us if you are going to fix it or not

[Post New]by uvlthurs on Jan 20, 12 5:55 PM
This game sucks! I can't belive I bought into all the reviews that said it was such a good game. Total waste of money. I couldn't get past the screwdriver and the picture over the fireplace in chapter one becauseit wouldn't recognize the screwdriver and there was no way to go any further without the leaf behind the picture! Wish there was a way to get a refund!

[Post New]by monteroarke on Jan 21, 12 9:25 PM
I have a block on the little rake on the dry soil. It will not let me use it. I am un/re installing to see if it fixes things. Really don't want to start all over but hey may have to.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 22, 12 3:04 PM
Hi fishies,

If you're still experiencing the same troubles at the crow, you may need to start over with a new player profile for these changes to fully take effect. Please do so and let us know if that helps!

If not, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then on the 'Contact Us' link that you'll find on the following page.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by wendib395 on Feb 15, 12 11:02 PM
My game has frozen extremely far into playing. My game is frozen in Chapter 6: Siberia while I am looking at the wolf I have to muzzle. I can click on the wolf and get the message that I'll need to find a muzzle in the town but I can't click away from it. I can't click on Hint, Menu, or get my inventory to pop up. Sigh... Un-install, re-install?

j20as8
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by j20as8 on Feb 27, 12 1:00 PM
Strange problem here. I've played the regular NON CE version and was able to rake the soil in the atrium, where we need to get the special flower. However, on this CE edition, I can't, and I don't know why, every time I put the little rake to the dry soil, it rejects it. I've gotten rid of all the weeds, I've done everything else, I just can't rake and then water the flower, and I have the artificial light already on it. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, which has helped with most problems before, but it's not working now. What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by nanalinnell on Mar 10, 12 1:07 PM
I finally got rid of the weeds. You have to click on each green clump at a time and they will each disappear one at a time. THEN you rake it and THEN you pour the bottle of water on it. Finally! I guess I didn't notice that the weeds were disappearing one at a time. Thought the rake would be the thing that got rid of them. Hope this helps.

Go to: