bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 17, 12 12:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

dallipoo01
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dallipoo01 on Jan 17, 12 7:10 AM
Changed profile, uninstalled and reinstalled and STILL DOES NOT WORK. Still freezes at the crow. HELP.

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Legacy Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dgillespie on Jan 20, 12 5:23 AM
my game freezes on the headboard where you need the angel. is there a fix?

kilmeny21
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kilmeny21 on Jan 22, 12 5:09 AM
The puzzle with the sliding blocks on the door to the nursery is horrible. I could not drag the blocks the direction I wanted to. For example there were two open spaces where the block fits, one to the slide and one down and no matter what I did the block slid down instead of the side like I wanted it to. Unless I could block the space I don't want it to go with another block, then I couldn't move the block where I wanted. I got to a point where this trick didn't work because it meant another block wouldn't go the way I needed because the block I just postioned wasn't blocking it's path and I had to move the first block back, but then I couldn't move it where I wanted to cause the other block wasn't blocking the space I didn't want that block to go.

Then just as I'm getting the blocks where I want them, I clicked a block and it appeared to slide off the right edge of the puzzle and disappeared.

So I reset the puzzle and tried again, but the blocks not moving the way they should got me so frustrated I skipped the puzzle.

Glad I had only downloaded the trial.

lindimae
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lindimae on Jan 23, 12 5:08 AM
Can anyone help? I have done the puzzle with the car going to the fishermans house and now everytime I start the game I get a blank screen with my inventory at the bottom but nothing moves and then I can't shut down my computer

cbouc
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cbouc on Jan 27, 12 5:11 PM
Can't turn the fountain off, the switch doesn't move. Uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still nothing. Please help.

[Post New]by Tinabeens on Jan 28, 12 8:25 PM
I'm not getting the look icon (magnifying glass) on the fan to blow away the fog. I need to attach the battery and the fan is close to the "back" area of the screen. I've repeatedly moused over the fan. I did see it one time, but now I can't get it again. Please help, thanks.

CassB
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by CassB on Jan 30, 12 9:08 PM
I'm having the same issues as Tinabeens. Is BFG going to do something about it? If not I am going to demand a refund.

[Post New]by faithmarie55 on Feb 1, 12 9:07 AM
The screwdriver will not work on the plate at the bottom of the portrait no matter where I place and click the cursor. Help?

Since I posted this, I have had NO response from BFG, so what is the point of posting problems if they aren't going to read posts and respond/fix the problem????

Edited on 02/10/2012 at 3:13:32 PM PST

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Feb 3, 12 11:27 AM
dallipoo01 wrote:Changed profile, uninstalled and reinstalled and STILL DOES NOT WORK. Still freezes at the crow. HELP.

I am also having this same problem; after you throw the boomerang at the crow, you can't go any further. No hints, no map, nothing. Anybody who can help, I would appreciate it.

cegr8
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by cegr8 on Feb 3, 12 5:19 PM
Screwdriver will not work on picture over fireplace, HELP!!!!

[Post New]by faeryfly on Feb 4, 12 10:24 AM
I'm trying to put the charged battery in the wind generator and it keeps telling me i can't use the item??

Edited on 02/04/2012 at 10:24:39 AM PST

CassB
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by CassB on Feb 4, 12 11:55 PM
faeryfly wrote:I'm trying to put the charged battery in the wind generator and it keeps telling me i can't use the item??

This game has been full of technical problems. I emailed help, got some fixes, but it still didn't work. I even started the whole game over again, thinking that the time before, I was able to click on the fan once and it would let me do it again. BFG - IT'S NOT OUR COMPUTERS!! IT'S YOUR LOUSY GAME!!

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Feb 5, 12 10:55 AM
Is anyone else having screen resolution problems? I'm getting a lot of pixelating...is it me or the game? Help - it's giving me a headache!

pamalee444
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by pamalee444 on Feb 7, 12 8:26 AM
I am in the bonus game. I am working on the puzzle in the kitchen where you must put the tiles on the board with like tiles in columns. I can not get any of the pieces to go on the board. I have all I need and if I try to place a piece on the board it just disappears. Any one have any ideas? Thanks

CassB
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by CassB on Feb 9, 12 11:19 PM
So I am curious, the users that were having difficulties getting past the wind generator, have you been able to get past that yet????? And other users, did you ever have a problem or were you able to use the charged battery with no issues?

j20as8
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by j20as8 on Feb 27, 12 6:13 PM
I've played the game before with the regular, non-CE version and while a few problems came up, uninstalling and re-installing worked with all of those. I have already uninstalled and re-installed, but I'm still having a problem raking the soil around the flower, it won't let me do it, and I've been able to do everything else fine. The game seems otherwise compatible with my computer, I haven't had any other problems with the CE, so how do I fix this one problem?

RivenWolfe
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RivenWolfe on Mar 5, 12 8:08 PM
Seems I'm having the same problem as a few of the other fishies, the game freezing after a animated cut scene. Well, not freezing as such, you can change location but cannot bring up the inventory or map, if you click on a object with the magnifying glass that 'pop up' stays popped up and you can't close it or do anything.
It happened to me the first time back when I brought the game when it was released. I was stuck in the hall with the knights after I'd finally got the tool to undo the bolts on that chair when the game froze on me. I did everything from turning off the game, reinstalling it (and the flash, and the other thing I can't remember the name of, things that run animation) before finally deleting that game and starting a new game. Today I tried again from the start and this time around it froze up after I threw the boomerang at the crow/raven. It's not my puter as while it's not as new as it was a year ago, I'm still having no trouble playing the other games I have.

Looking at the posts it seems that no BF people have offered a solution which is very strange, they're usually darn good with this kind of thing, patches came out for games I never brought but none for the one that happens to play up on me (and others).

Anyone had any luck with the tech support other than the usual 'quick fixes' they send out to most emails with game problems which, nine times out of ten, we've already done them before annoying the TS. It's bad enough having a game you can't play without the game being a CE you can't play.

[Post New]by chiqui38 on May 5, 12 7:15 PM
This game is the buggiest I have ever bought from BFG. Game flips upside down during some of the scenes, specially in the bedroom with all the photos and the angel headboard (the one at the end of the hall on the second floor).
Right now I'm stuck at the potion to cure the wolf. I added the bullet but the game did not register it, so the potion is still asking for the silver bullet but I have already used it. I guess I will have to start the game over again since there is no 'skip' for this.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 19, 12 6:42 PM
chiqui38 wrote:This game is the buggiest I have ever bought from BFG. Game flips upside down during some of the scenes, specially in the bedroom with all the photos and the angel headboard (the one at the end of the hall on the second floor).
Right now I'm stuck at the potion to cure the wolf. I added the bullet but the game did not register it, so the potion is still asking for the silver bullet but I have already used it. I guess I will have to start the game over again since there is no 'skip' for this.

Hi chiqui38! Welcome to the forums! I just played this game and, though, you have probably started over by now, I just wanted to let you know - my game told me this too. I just ignored it and completed adding my ingredients and was able to take the wolf potion anyway.

Go to: