bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Reviews for Hello Venice

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 17, 12 12:19 AM
Hi Fishies!

We’d love to hear what you think of Hello Venice; your reviews are very important to us and to other Fishies. And now you’re more than welcomed to post your thoughts about this game right from the Hello Venice page over Here!

For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

You can also specify if you played the game from the trial version or the full version and on which level you ended your game play, so that other players can get more out of this discussion !

If you are experiencing technical issues with this game, remember to check out the support thread for this game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!
bfgKenai

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Reviews for Hello Venice

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jan 17, 12 4:05 AM
This is exactly what I look for in a Match 3 plus! I loved 4 Elements and this is along the same line only you earn coins to buy items to beautify your town.

You aren't just playing in one area on the board. You have to break through to a destination so it's continually moving.

You also have an option to play Time Management. Personally I have never cared for that type of game but when it's not the entire game it's a nice diversion.

There is a lot of reading to be done in this so voice overs would have been nice but the graphics are well done and the music isn't annoying.

I wish I could have left a more detailed review but it's off to work for me

Definitely a buy for me as soon as I get home!

HAVE FUN FISHIES!!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 17, 12 5:53 AM
This is a funny litte cute match 3 game with hopefully hours of interesting gameplay. For me its a definete buy

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jan 17, 12 6:16 AM
Beta'd this game and have to say though it isn't the type game I would usually prefer I loved it. Quite a challenging game with lovely graphics. Also I really like the change of connecting point A to point B as opposed to the standard clear the board match3. I recommend this highly!

Happy Gaming

ETA: Forgot to mention that this has a TM mini game at the end of each level. This TM is totally optional but allows you to gather more money for garden building.

Edited on 01/17/2012 at 6:42:11 AM PST

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jan 17, 12 8:02 AM
I beta tested this game, and it tells me that I own it. Cool, but I didn't buy it, and it does not show upon my purchase history. It is a different type of M3 then I usually like, chains instead of clicking on the objects. It is challenging, I got to level 11, and it says 11/21 or something like that, so it might not be a huge game. I will play it, since it gave itself to me, but probably would not actually buy it. It looks a lot like garden scape where you upgrade your garden, I miss the butler from GS, tho. Anyhoo, for anyone who is a M3 lover this is pretty darn cute.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 17, 12 9:39 AM
The M3 gameplay is extremely similar to 4 Elements. I find needing to get the water to the plants on the edges of the board interesting but frustrating. It's hard for me to tell which of the plants need to be watered, and the board keeps moving so that I can't get to a corner to get the water there, or else the water reaches the exit and the level finishes before I'm ready.

Still thinking about whether to buy this one.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jan 17, 12 10:39 AM
Vonniefaye

That must be a beta version you still have. There are 75 levels to the game.

Nice game that is similar to 4 Elements in game play, which I enjoy. I also like being able to earn money to improve things. I've tried to get flowers on the edges that I can but don't stress over it. Will be adding this to my games to buy list.

mlbmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by mlbmama on Jan 17, 12 12:10 PM
Definate buy for me! This is no ordinary match 3 game. The TM part makes it more interesting and the extra mini games after each level ( and there's a whopping 75!!!) makes it even more challenging! This is a great rainy day game when you don't want to have to seek and solve and rack your brain! Just entertainment without the aggravation! Have fun fish!

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Jan 17, 12 3:08 PM
Nice and colourful. Music didn't do much for me reminded me of Splashdom. Game rules were far too confusing and I thought it was more hit and miss than strategy, so I'm passing on this one.

RU14ME2C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by RU14ME2C on Jan 17, 12 7:10 PM
It should be called Four Elements III. I truly hope that the original publisher of Four Elements also did this game, or it's a gigantic rip-off. I do like this type of M3, but the Time Management portion is a waste of time and fairly lame IMHO. At least it isn't a HOG (which is all that BFG seems to get nowadays), so I'm tempted to buy, but just not sure ....

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jan 17, 12 10:43 PM
Love this game I bought it only after a few minutes into the demo. It's like 4 Elements meets Gardenscapes and the little boy is just so cute. The graphics are really nice and the game plays so smooth. The power ups are pretty cool as well and the decorations you buy for your garden are really nice and you get three choices on what you buy I like that being able to choose what you want. The game is just lots of fun and very addictive. Hope to see more like this one. Thank you Big Fish and developer's for this little gem of a game and give us some more.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 18, 12 9:10 AM
Will not play have tried the 3 match a couple & got bored with it after 3 or 4 levels. Won't buy anything until we get more **** games and not the regular issue ones do to the fact I bought the CE's.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 19, 12 9:02 AM
I certainly wouldn't compare this game with "4 Elements II", which I own and love.

Yes, the M3 gameplay is the same, but there it ends.

This game has you renovate your garden with the money you earn, and since you earn quite a lot of money just going through the M3 game itself, there isn't even any need to earn extra money in the TM games, which are not a bad addition though.

However, very early in the demo I was able to buy quite a lot of things already, so I think it would not have taken me long to finish the garden - long before I finish with the M3 games, I imagine.

Anyway, I found the M3 game itself boring and uninspiring - I much prefer the "4 Elements II" game: so much variety and fun.

And what really put me off with this game is that sound I get each time I do a 3er match - it sounded like a dog was barking someone's name: Ralph, Ralph, Ralph. Drove me potty enough to turn the sound down almost completely.

probaby221
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by probaby221 on Jan 19, 12 9:57 AM
Great game and very relaxing as well....buy for me

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Jan 20, 12 12:55 PM
This game was created by Seppia Interactive .

Their other Match 3 games :

- Fairy Island
- The Lost Inca Prophecy
- The Lost Kingdom Prophecy
- Wild West Story: The Beginnings

[Post New]by ch8762 on Jan 22, 12 8:52 AM
Really like this game. Played 5 minutes of the demo and bought it.

If you like 4 Elements, you will like this game as the game play is the same. You need to make matches to move the water to the end to water the flowers. As you build up coins, you buy items to beautify your garden.

There are mini games also. They are time management type mini games from what I've read in other reviews. I didn't play enough of the demo to get to a mini game yet.

There is a relaxed mode with no timer, which makes it a winner for me.

I am now off to play. Happy gaming fellow Fishies!!

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Jan 27, 12 4:15 AM
I'm ambivalent on this one. Loved 4 Elements; yes, the gameplay in this is the same, but clunkier, like a cheap knockoff. However, I love being able to buy stuff for the garden! Not sure..maybe I'll wait for a DD.

catscat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,293 Posts

[Post New]by catscat on Feb 4, 12 9:12 PM
another game similar to this is The Da Vinci Code

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/962/davincicode/index.html

Except on a much bigger and more difficult scale. If you like a challenge, give it a try.

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on Feb 5, 12 6:08 AM
I know it is a question of taste, and I don't like this type of M3. I like the traditional ones, that you can drag pieces and form a chain of three. No buy to me. For those who liked it... have fun!

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Apr 10, 12 6:16 AM
I never even download demos from this genre, but I was stuck a while back, with nothing to buy and sick of my old games so I installed a handful of these. All the others fell by the wayside, they were so boring.

But this little gem is compelling. The colours are lovely and the game play is challenging. It allows you to make your own path, yet points in the direction you need to head. It's like Gardenscapes, except with M3 instead of HOS, and I loved Gardenscapes. Nothing boring about this at all. Really makes you apply yourself and figure out the best way to get through.

Really good job to the devs. I reckon they must be at the top of their game in this genre.

Having great fun with it.

Go to: