Amerzone: Part 1

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Amerzone: Part 1

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 19, 12 12:05 AM
Dive into an amazing Adventure game and return the White Bird egg to the Amerzone! A dying explorer has entrusted you with an egg that was stolen over 50 years ago. Now it’s up to you to return the egg to ensure the survival of the incredible White Birds. Travel across the globe and look for valuable clues as to the location of the Amerzone. Find their mystical birds and go on a unique adventure in Amerzone: Part 1!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Amerzone: Part 1

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 19, 12 12:21 AM

I hesitate to start a game with the dreaded "Part I" in its title but this is developed by the same folks that brought us Syberia and Syberia II so, I'm taking the plunge and hoping for the best....

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jan 19, 12 12:36 AM
Looks like this game was initially released back in 1999, if it is the same one that the various online reviews talk about then it is a first-person, 3D, 360-viewpoint adventure game designed by Benoit Sokal of Syberia I and Syberia II fame

All the online reviews I looked at were favorable, so I'll give it a try even though 360's aren't my favorite type of game.

I don't know why this is called Part 1 because all of the other mentions online that I've seen just call it Amerzone.

Edited on 01/19/2012 at 12:39:01 AM PST

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Jan 19, 12 1:19 AM
I thought it was older then 1999, I brought this on a c.d what I remember of it was very good. I could just get the old disc out, but I doubt it would run on a modern comp

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Jan 19, 12 1:22 AM
I also have it on CD and I remember that I liked it very much.
Maybe they have divided it in two releases because of the size.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 19, 12 2:07 AM
I was just going to ask whether this is the old "Amerzone" game. I no longer have the CD, because it is so old it certainly wouldn't play on my Win7 machine.

But what I am wondering about is that it seems to come in 2 parts. As I recall, this game wasn't all that long as it is.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 19, 12 2:31 AM
I really enjoy these types of games, but like jkuci and Imp22 said, I'm not going to buy it until all the parts of the game are availble. That way, I won't be left hanging. But this definitley looks like my cup of tea when it comes to games. It's only 140 mb and most of these games are over 1000 mb. So they must have at least 4 or 5 part broken up. I'll wait till the whole thing is available. But it's a buy for me at that time. I wish they would have just released it at once in the large file section. I guess there trying to get people who don't like large file games to try them this way.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 19, 12 2:44 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I really enjoy these types of games, but like jkuci and Imp22 said, I'm not going to buy it until all the parts of the game are availble. That way, I won't be left hanging. But this definitley looks like my cup of tea when it comes to games. It's only 140 mb and most of these games are over 1000 mb. So they must have at least 4 or 5 part broken up. I'll wait till the whole thing is available. But it's a buy for me at that time. I wish they would have just released it at once in the large file section. I guess there trying to get people who don't like large file games to try them this way.

Good idea---just wait because since it's that old, it couldn't be that far off for the next part(s)

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 19, 12 2:50 AM
Can anyone tell me now that I have the hammer I see it on the main screen but not sure how or where to use it.
Also, what's the next step after collecting all the letters, etc? Time's running out on the demo but I haven't got a clue so if I don't figure it out I'm still going to wait for the next part(s) to see how much total the game will cost.
Just wondering----I'm not too good at this style game (as you can see). But it looks interesting.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 19, 12 3:38 AM
Syberia and Syberia II are probably my favorite of all the computer games I have ever played other than some old text games. I tried this one for 5 minutes, because that's all it took for me to place it in the reject pile. I realize that this is probably because I wanted it to be like Syberia, and it isn't, so perhaps I didn't give it a fair trial. OTOH, the only reason I tried it at all was because I hoped it would be like Syberia. In that, it disappoints.

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Jan 19, 12 3:48 AM
I believe this game will be in 3 parts (the same as the release for the iPad). If so, be warned that part 1 is very short. The game gets better the further into it you get (the beginning is the weakest part in my opinion).

What a shame that BFG didn't release the full version of the game which has been available for a very long time and can be purchased online for $10

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 19, 12 3:57 AM
I think we can blame Anuman Interactive (who took over Microids) for this, dumbing games down for the iPad generation.

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Jan 19, 12 4:05 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:I think we can blame Anuman Interactive (who took over Microids) for this, dumbing games down for the iPad generation.

I agree 100%. Between their inane HDO games and their butchering of classic adventure games, they are the worst thing to happen to gaming in a long time.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jan 19, 12 6:10 AM
jenny1983 wrote:I believe this game will be in 3 parts (the same as the release for the iPad). If so, be warned that part 1 is very short. The game gets better the further into it you get (the beginning is the weakest part in my opinion).

What a shame that BFG didn't release the full version of the game which has been available for a very long time and can be purchased online for $10

I actually found the entire game for $3.99...It was released around 2001 and is a good starter game for someone new to the genre. Not sure why they chopped it up. The first chapter is VERY short. It is very linear after you get past the beginning just by the nature of the game since you will be floating down a river and making stops. It is very straight ahead...find something, use something. Lovely graphics and cartoony characters. A very relaxing game. If you are looking for a challenge this is not it but if you just want to enjoy a nice game then please jump right in.

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jan 19, 12 11:31 AM
This game is online and on disc in secondhand-type stores in its entirety. No point in spending the big bucks it's going to end up costing to play this one. The original still works on my newer computer... It's a good game but is in 360, so be aware of that.

[Post New]by minnietheminx on Jan 19, 12 1:24 PM
I feel very angry that players are being ripped off by this game being released in installments - it's sheer greed. It was a full game when it was released & I'm disappointed that BF are going along with this arrangement!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 19, 12 2:03 PM
minnietheminx wrote:I feel very angry that players are being ripped off by this game being released in installments - it's sheer greed. It was a full game when it was released & I'm disappointed that BF are going along with this arrangement!
It was a full game when it was released by Microids and that was long before the ipad. This is now an Anuman Interactive game. Blame them, not BFG.

Edited on 01/19/2012 at 2:03:46 PM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jan 19, 12 11:03 PM
I played Syberia and Syberia II and loved them both. Amerzone is not up to Syberia's standards but I understand it is a precursor to Syberia and it is referenced in Syberia. I would like to play this game as it looks interesting but I won't be buying it on Big Fish's game site. I didn't buy Captain Brawe because of the game being chopped up into parts and I won't buy this one for the same reason. I will look for it elsewhere at a price that is more to my liking.

It's really too bad. When I saw it on the site today I knew I wanted to play it because it is a Benoit Sokal game. Syberia really made an impact on me. I hope I get to play this game some day.

jenaBoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by jenaBoo on Jan 21, 12 10:41 AM
minnietheminx wrote:I feel very angry that players are being ripped off by this game being released in installments - it's sheer greed. It was a full game when it was released & I'm disappointed that BF are going along with this arrangement!

I totally agree!

[Post New]by lucassade on Jan 22, 12 7:37 AM
Having played the free trial I paid for what I thought was going to be an enjoyable hour or two completing part One and would look forward to future episodes being released.
'i SIMPLY CANT BELIEVE IT' !!
Ten minutes of play later I got to the plane conking out and Qoute ' Amerzone, end of part one' !!
What a CON !!
I think refunds should be given to all those others similarly astonished.

Go to: