bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Amerzone: Part 1

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 19, 12 12:18 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Amerzone: Part 1? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Amerzone: Part 1 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

marker117
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Reviews for Amerzone: Part 1

[Post New]by marker117 on Jan 19, 12 4:46 AM
The game is very short. You don't actually get to Amerzone. The entire game is just getting out of the hanger. I feel a little cheated. By looking at the original Amerzone walkthrough, it looks like the chapters in the original have been broken down into individual games. At 7 dollars a "part", for a game with at least six chapters, playing this entire game looks pricey.

Edited on 01/19/2012 at 4:53:09 AM PST

[Post New]by SallyJane13 on Jan 19, 12 5:16 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Jan 19, 12 5:40 AM
You think it'll be 6 parts? Yeah, that's too much. I'm going to try to find it elsewhere. I loved Syberia, which I believe is by the same guy, so when I saw this here I was pretty excited. But they only broke Syberia into two (actually I think it was even released that way, so BFG didn't do it). If BFG is splitting this into 6, that's just a ripoff.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jan 19, 12 6:13 AM
jenny1983 wrote:I believe this game will be in 3 parts (the same as the release for the iPad). If so, be warned that part 1 is very short. The game gets better the further into it you get (the beginning is the weakest part in my opinion).

What a shame that BFG didn't release the full version of the game which has been available for a very long time and can be purchased online for $10

I actually found the entire game for $3.99...It was released around 2001 and is a good starter game for someone new to the genre. Not sure why they chopped it up. The first chapter is VERY short. It is very linear after you get past the beginning just by the nature of the game since you will be floating down a river and making stops. It is very straight ahead...find something, use something. Lovely graphics and cartoony characters. A very relaxing game. If you are looking for a challenge this is not it but if you just want to enjoy a nice game then please jump right in.

Happy Gaming
(I reposted this here for the info.)

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Jan 19, 12 6:16 AM
So far the comments don't address the game play. This is my first adventure into adventure and just went in circles. There wasn't any indication of the next step forward. I got dizzy with the 360 and never got beyond the circle staircase, up and down, before I got really frustrated and headed here for some ideas. Think I'll stick with HOGs. Any comments to make this fun?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 19, 12 6:41 AM
If BFG is splitting this into 6, that's just a ripoff.
Try Anuman Interactive, the publisher. This isn't a BFG Studios game so BFG is just the host.

Edited on 01/19/2012 at 6:42:39 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 19, 12 9:04 AM
I am posting here because so far there is no comment thread.

I have been so waiting for this game. I was so excited when I saw it here, but don't want it if it is split. I want the whole game. Such a bummer.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 19, 12 9:06 AM
Unfortunately, I am one of those people who get ill with 360° movement so I will have to pass

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 19, 12 10:52 AM
I only played for a few minutes and got stuck in a dark place with no way out. I feel dizzy from the screen movement. From what I read of the other reviews it seems like a big rip off anyway. I already have an issue with the CE games. For a game that you basically only play once you shouldn't have to pay $14. So now they're splitting the game up to get maximum money from it? Puleeeeze!!!!

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jan 19, 12 11:21 AM
I have the original of this game. It was good as a whole game and took me a bit of time to complete... but splitting it up just to make a lot more money on it is just greedy. The original isn't a very long game (not like Syberia 1 & 2) so splitting it up is stupid. Anyway, enjoy... but I don't recommend buying this on BFG. Go find a pawn shop and buy the original instead.

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Alrydian on Jan 19, 12 5:43 PM
I was so excited when I downloaded this, as I've been waiting months for a good game like this, loved the Syberia series. I only played a few minutes of the demo and thought great I have to buy this, but thought I best check the forum first just to see what others think. Now I'm very unhappy, no way can I afford or want to purchase a game like this in parts when you can buy the whole game quite cheeply.
Thanks BFG for letting me down again, I now believe I made the right choice when I decided to cancel my membership a few weeks ago

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 19, 12 10:33 PM
It would be great to create subtitles for this game
I don't speak fluent english and it's not easy to understand the characters

And it would help the hard of hearing poeple .....

I know that I can get the game in french on the dev site but I would like to play it in english ....

Subtitles ......

Edited on 01/19/2012 at 10:33:50 PM PST

PetMice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by PetMice on Jan 20, 12 4:14 AM
Well basically I thought is that it? I got the egg on board and set the destination fully expecting to actually arrive somewhere. Instead I run out of fuel and then 'End of Part One' comes up on screen. When I press Continue game I am back at the lighthouse. Either I am doing something really silly or, well, or its a bit of a letdown to say the least. And I had used a hard earned coupon!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 20, 12 11:22 PM
Wow BFG a 1999 Game release and you have it as a NEW RELEASE - Really??? this is typical, especially lately, this game came out WAY before the Syberia series (2) and yet you have it as a NEW RELEASE - like I said - Really????Plus the last 2 games I purchased I have had tech issues with yet no one from BFG has answered me or tried to interact with me to fix these issues. COME ON you are really falling down on the job thats for sure with a 13 year old game coming on to the site CHOPPED UP and being released as a new game??? this stinks!

JMHO
Lean

Edited on 01/20/2012 at 11:30:12 PM PST

LinaJules
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by LinaJules on Jan 21, 12 12:01 AM
Well..this is too bad...I was looking forward to playing this game. Unfortunately, I am unable to understand what the characters are saying; there is no captioning of the dialogue. I am hearing impaired and "hear" more from lipreading or from reading what is being said. So..that is more my problem..but would be nice if there was the captioning option available for folks like myself.

CoderGirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by CoderGirl on Jan 21, 12 9:02 PM
Yes! A real adventure game. Not a "find an hourglass and a teddy bear and 10 other completely unrelated and irrelevant items, then go on to the next messy room," but a true adventure game. Look around, figure out what's going on, figure out what to do next. There are so few of those, and I really wish BFG wouldn't list all the HOGs under adventures; it makes the good stuff so hard to find.

[Post New]by mjduroy on Jan 22, 12 2:09 PM
I buy a lot of games from BF like most of you do. I LOVED SYBERIA 1 & 2 and have been looking for something simular every since. BF I have to tell you I really feel cheated on this game. One chapter SERIOUSLY? I have bragged and bragged about BF and their fairness if things dont work they help you figure it out or replace it! but this, shame, shame.... now I will be afraid to purchase for fear is will be less than a trial....

[Post New]by jessespooky on Jan 23, 12 9:44 PM
From looking at the other reviews, I am disappointed too. The demo stopped as I was exploring the area around the plane. So I figure I wasn't too far from finishing the game or should I say Chapter 1. Was really enjoying it. I haven't played to many 360s, most of them the action is too fast for me, motion sickness, ugh! But I still give them a try. This one the movement was slow so I didn't get sick. Voice overs were pretty good. But signs and tv viewing would have been nice either done in English or with subtitles. No buy for me at $7 for each chapter. Maybe the work the devs did to update it for newer computers makes them think they ask such ridiculous prices. That is like going and buying a brand new release for a console game. Not.

[Post New]by LynFrench on Jan 25, 12 10:20 AM
Superb game 1st time around just as Syberia 1 & 2.

Really feel we have been taken for a very short ride at great expense.

Not what I expect from Big Fish Games......ah well greed will out in every area of gaming!!

Superb graphics and so much work to create this but a poor introduction to this creative group for anyone unused to this genius.
Finished too soon and really just an introductory piece.
Shame......................

Go to: