peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 19, 12 1:31 AM
A place for your comments, I am off to demo now

 
LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 19, 12 1:43 AM
For the Mod's

Sorry about posting in game review an opinion. I just want other's to know that all reviews are important. And that nobody's is better or more important than another's. I read and count on all reviews.

To all the great fishies, this game has some of the best animations I have ever seen. I beta tested it and couldn't wait for everyone to see the animations. One of my favirotes is: Spoiler kinda, you have to feed cough medicine to the door knob, for him to open. It's so adorable and great! I hope everyone enjoy this games as much as I am so far. I haven't finished it and I am tired of the same storyline. But the effects and animations are worth it to me.

Enjoy everyone!

LovetoMissLisa

 
peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 19, 12 2:03 AM
OMG MissLisa! I cannot wait to get to that part! ROFL! I was just commenting to someone the other day, how boring it was that we always had to find keys, to open doors, instead of some more ingenious way of opening them! Someone must have been listening to me

 
LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 19, 12 2:04 AM
cbtx wrote in game review: (Hey, Lisa, at least the car got to where it was going without slipping off the road or crashing or going out of control to avoid some mysterious item, etc.)


LOL I totally agree with you cbtx. At least the car made it to the drive way. LOL I agree with your review and I'm so happy to someone agree's with me about this beauty. This is such an awsome game. And like you said cbtx, it nice to see some progress in the development of a game. They have been feeling a little stale and cookie cutter, lately. thanks for the laugh cbtx!

 
LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 19, 12 2:07 AM
peglegann wrote:OMG MissLisa! I cannot wait to get to that part! ROFL! I was just commenting to someone the other day, how boring it was that we always had to find keys, to open doors, instead of some more ingenious way of opening them! Someone must have been listening to me


Hi peglegann,

Yes, finally someone is listening. And your going to love the door knob. When I beta tested it, I wanted to post a thread about this game, but I couldn't, because I didn't want to spoil it for anyone. But wait til you get to the imp in a box.WOW! Just for these two scene alone, the game is worth the money to me.

 

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Jan 19, 12 2:09 AM
Very nice, cute and colorful game! I like it!
When the SE comes out it will be a buy for me.
Happy gaming everyone!


 
peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 19, 12 2:14 AM
OK. What is going on? No black bars either side? (I never complain about them).
There is the same Hawaiian lady on the dashboard as there is in MCF EFR but this one does not break with continual pushing. LOL!

 
cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 19, 12 2:16 AM
I loved opening that door and I enjoyed the rest of the demo too but not enough to pay CE price for a 4 chapter game when 2 chapters took me 50 minutes.

 
peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 19, 12 2:24 AM
cherbtoo wrote:I loved opening that door and I enjoyed the rest of the demo too but not enough to pay CE price for a 4 chapter game when 2 chapters took me 50 minutes.

Hi Cherb, I am not there yet but cannot wait! LOL!
Sounds like another short game for double the price

 
cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 19, 12 2:39 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:
peglegann wrote:OMG MissLisa! I cannot wait to get to that part! ROFL! I was just commenting to someone the other day, how boring it was that we always had to find keys, to open doors, instead of some more ingenious way of opening them! Someone must have been listening to me


Hi peglegann,

Yes, finally someone is listening. And your going to love the door knob. When I beta tested it, I wanted to post a thread about this game, but I couldn't, because I didn't want to spoil it for anyone. But wait til you get to the imp in a box.WOW! Just for these two scene alone, the game is worth the money to me.


I agree----and if the rest of the game is as innovative as the early part, this has the potential to be a true benchmark game.

But some of the other posts have me a little concerned about the length

 
peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 19, 12 2:44 AM
cbtx said. "But some of the other posts have me a little concerned about the length"

And me, also, is the bonus chapter worth double the price?

 
bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by bradalex on Jan 19, 12 3:08 AM
like this one and have to buy it.
Just a couple of idle thoughts whilst it is downloading. How come these big brave adventurers who face wolves , ghosts and all manner of evil, won't touch anything till they get rid of the spiders? Also ,why are the owners of the buildings all so careless and untidy? Theu all, without fail loose keys, door knos and drawer handles.!! Just a thought

 
bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by bradalex on Jan 19, 12 3:10 AM
oops, should have checked the spelling

 
cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 19, 12 3:17 AM
peglegann wrote:
cbtx said. "But some of the other posts have me a little concerned about the length"

And me, also, is the bonus chapter worth double the price?


Well, I went back and looked at the two Fear games from this dev and the first one has 5 chapters plus a bonus, and the second one has 6 chapters plus a bonus but I don't really recall how long the games were. (It seems if I thought they were too short I would probably remember that)
Also, you made an excellent point in the review thread that the widescreen issue has nothing whatsoever to do with our computers or adjusting them, etc.----it's all about the programming. And further proving that is that the first game did NOT offer the WS option and the second game did offer it as does this one. And again, seeing no black bars increases the enjoyment of the game tremendously. I really don't have that much of a problem with black bars in the regularly priced games, but when you get to the big money on the CEs, then I DO have a problem with it. So this dev obviously changed what they were doing and kudos to them for that. And if THEY can do it so can all the othERSs

Edited for upper and lower. LOL

Edited on 01/19/2012 at 3:20:25 AM PST


 
peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 19, 12 3:33 AM
cbtx wrote:
peglegann wrote:
cbtx said. "But some of the other posts have me a little concerned about the length"

And me, also, is the bonus chapter worth double the price?


Well, I went back and looked at the two Fear games from this dev and the first one has 5 chapters plus a bonus, and the second one has 6 chapters plus a bonus but I don't really recall how long the games were. (It seems if I thought they were too short I would probably remember that)
Also, you made an excellent point in the review thread that the widescreen issue has nothing whatsoever to do with our computers or adjusting them, etc.----it's all about the programming. And further proving that is that the first game did NOT offer the WS option and the second game did offer it as does this one. And again, seeing no black bars increases the enjoyment of the game tremendously. I really don't have that much of a problem with black bars in the regularly priced games, but when you get to the big money on the CEs, then I DO have a problem with it. So this dev obviously changed what they were doing and kudos to them for that. And if THEY can do it so can all the othERSs

Edited for upper and lower. LOL

You said it all for me

 
cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 19, 12 3:38 AM
elldee2728 said in the review thread:

"Well, this developer has "raised the bar" pretty high when it comes to quality, innovation, and artistry! It's obvious from the "get-go" that a lot of work went into creating this game."

And I certainly agree with that----this is the type of improvement and thinking outside the box that I think many of us have been hoping for. Lots of kudos to the devs! (again)


 
cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 19, 12 3:41 AM
I assume it won't be all that long before someone posts about the length, but I'm betting it'll be long enough. But I'll just have to wait till tomorrow to check----time for rest.
Happy gaming to all!

 
Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by Vallarina on Jan 19, 12 3:59 AM
Jello everyone!
I finished the demo in 40 minutes. I did purchase the CE as soon as demo was over. I enjoyed the game and the interaction. The voice overs were very good.
The SG was helpful, I always try the guide to check it out and see how it works) and held it place, which I like. The hint button will tell you where to go next if you get stumped, which I also like.
Over all I think this is buy.
I do hope it is longer than the demo suggests.
Thanks again BFG for another good game!

Vallarina

 
Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Jan 19, 12 4:44 AM
bradalex wrote:like this one and have to buy it.
Just a couple of idle thoughts whilst it is downloading. How come these big brave adventurers who face wolves , ghosts and all manner of evil, won't touch anything till they get rid of the spiders? Also ,why are the owners of the buildings all so careless and untidy? Theu all, without fail loose keys, door knos and drawer handles.!! Just a thought


You're so right on. LOL.

I too am waiting to find out how long this game is. I finished the demo in 45 minutes and hope that the rest is longer.

 
bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Comments for Witches' Legacy:The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 19, 12 4:45 AM
cbtx wrote:
peglegann wrote:
cbtx said. "But some of the other posts have me a little concerned about the length"

And me, also, is the bonus chapter worth double the price?


. And if THEY can do it so can all the othERSsEdited for upper and lower. LOL


lol...love your play with words...

i am off to demo, but by the comments and reviews,,,,i might just have something to use my 2 credits on...other devs...are you listening....the excitement over this game is how we used to feel about yours...

 
 
 
 
Go to: