aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,118 Posts

Re:Pets Gone Wild (possible spoilers in tales)

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Jan 25, 17 9:03 AM
continuing the saga of "Dot's Home For Misfit Pets"

The pets clustered around Jack Jack-in-a-Box & Sidney Snowman. They wanted to know what was happening.

"Look!" said Sidney as he proudly displayed his snow globe with the Crystalline Snowmen. "You get a snow globe when you hit those coloured globs with a Holiday Wand."

The pets shook their heads in confusion. So Jack decided to demonstrate. He went over to Santa's Helpers and traded some of the decorations for a Holiday Wand. Then he started chasing a gold coloured glob. It moved fairly fast & Jack had to jump to finally thump it with his wand. Ice crystals formed & then cracked. A snow globe floated down into Jack's waiting hands. Inside the snow globe was a bright red-coloured bird called a Scarlet Cardinal.

"Ooooh!" said the pets. Then there was a mad rush over to Santa's Helpers to get a wand for themselves. They did give some decorations to the Christmas Elf who then had enough to send to his friend. The Elf's quest was complete.

The pets shared their left-over decorations with those pets who did not have a wand or any decorations so they could trade for a wand too. Soon all the pets were looking around for the floating globs. Many headed back through the castle searching for their quarry.

Ursula Bear found a gold glob at Ice Rock. She ended up with Snoozy, the Christmas Bear.
Pup Puppy chased a silver glob all around the Throne Hall before he got a Cozy Fireplace.
Ryia Reindeer hit her gold glob in the Castle Entry. She was absolutely thrilled with the reindeers pulling Santa's sleigh - Leaders of the Sleigh the little sign read.
Petunia Pig whacked a silver glob just as it entered Trina's Emporium. She couldn't wait to show Corky Pig her "Skating Fun" snow globe. Maybe Corky would take her skating.
Gunnar Grim Eagle Owl hooted loudly when he got Christmas Night Owl.
Alvin Penguin got his Penguin Joy snow globe at the Castle Gates. He did need a little help from the Knight Lords to catch the gold glob.
Tilda Bunny totally agreed with the writing on Benji Bunny's snow globe "A Rabbit's Christmas Party" - The snow's never too deep for a party, especially for rabbits.

There seemed to be many different snow globes.

to be continued......................

Edited on 01/25/2017 at 9:40:08 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,118 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Jan 25, 17 9:38 AM

The pets came straggling back. Some had had to go as far as the Mystery Chamber and Mirror Lake to find a coloured glob. Excitedly they displayed their snow globes.

There was one pet, however, that had not found a glob. She had been all though the castle. A little despondently Tally Turkey headed to the Inn to see if Salty Took could help her. When she stepped inside the Inn, she saw Santa playing dice and directly above Santa's head was a silver glob. Tally dashed up onto the dice table narrowly missed being grabbed by the crab's waving claws. Onto Santa's ample waistline, then up his chest & onto his Santa Hat, she went. BAM! She clobbered the glob. After the ice crystals had shattered, Tally saw she had a strange looing rooster in her snow globe.

"Ahem! Young lady, you are standing on my head!!" came a jovial voice.

Tally startled, apologised profusely & tried to jump off Santa's head. In her haste, she dropped the snow globe. It broke.

"Thank goodness! I am finally free!" said a jubilant voice.

Tally, Santa & the other patrons all looked. The rooster was now the size of a normal rooster. However he appeared to be alight.

"Do you know you are burning?" asked Tally.

"That's okay!" came the response. "Floyd's the name. Floyd Fire Rooster and thank you for setting me free."

"How did you get in there?" queried Tally.

"A bit of a long story. I used to live n the Fire Alter in the Forbidden Tower. However, when the Wise Dragon returned, my home had to go to make way for him. So I moved into the Lord Chamberlain's fireplace. One day some Ash Particles landed on me so I gave a good shake to dislodge them. Unfortunately several sparks from my coat flew over to the Lord Chamberlain. They burned holes in his robe and gave him a hot foot. In a temper, he imprisoned me in a snow globe. But now I am free!" The jaunty rooster tipped his hat to Tally for freeing him. "Can I live with you?" he asked.

Tally was at a loss. "Let's see Miss Dot." she replied.

to be continued ...............................

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,118 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Jan 28, 17 7:58 AM

I looked out into the fading winter sun. Winter was almost over.

Petunia Pig ran up. She was clutching a Note Sign taken from the Gnome Sign Post. It read "DOG SLED RACE TODAY!" "Can we go please?" she entreated. I nodded. It sounded interesting. Within a short Measure of Time, we had our coin purses, our backpacks complete with a water bottle, an apple and some snacks.

The sled dogs were yipping excitedly as if they were eager to go. The mushers (sled drivers) buckled them into their harnesses. Soon all the sled dogs were strung to the towline, lined up in pairs. "Hike!" yelled the mushers. The sled dogs bounded forward pulling the sleds. The bells of the lead dogs jingled and the sled baskets creaked as the smooth wooden runners swished over the snow.

Heather Hippo sighed. The dogs had looked so beautiful. "Wish we had a dog like that" she muttered.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning I saw a lady with a sled dog pup in her arms. Its curly black - and - white fur was soft and shiny. "You can have this pup. He won't grow as big & strong as he needs to be a sled dog. But he will make a great pet." she said. She put the dog on the ground. It grazed up at me with a pleading look in his blue eyes.

"What about Pup Puppy?" I queried. Hearing his name Pup raced over, tripped on his long ears and went splat! at my feet. Then he spotted the sled dog. He raised himself so that his front haunches were on the ground but his rear was in the air. Then he started yipping excitedly. All the while his tail was frantically waving back & forth. The sled dog copied. Soon the sled dog, Pup & Itchi Woolly Paw were playing Tag among the snow drifts.

"I guess I have another mouth to feed," I sighed. "What's his name?" I asked the lady.
"Oki" replied the lady.

Promising to take good care of Oki, I gathered the pets and headed for home.

to be continued .......................

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,118 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 18, 17 5:39 PM
To all our readers, I apologise for the long lapses between stories. Before my eye surgery, I was having trouble seeing the words to write the tales. Now I have had my surgery but I am dealing with some major health issues both mine & my husband's health. So it will be awhile before I can return to this thread. Every so often I will pop in to keep the thread open but please bear with me as I deal with the current crisis.

Hoping your pets are giving you good chests and that you are enjoying playing the castle.

Dot

Go to: