bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 21, 12 12:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:Post any Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome technical issues here only

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jan 22, 12 4:42 PM
i likethis game but it does not fit my screen, top is cut off. if this could be fixed i might buy. it fits my system requirments

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 4:51:26 PM PST

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Post any Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome technical issues here only

[Post New]by endofmonth on Jan 24, 12 5:08 AM
Oh no! I'm halfway through the game, got hung up in the train mini-game (it's hard!) and exited the game to check the walk-through for help...and when I came back, the inventory item that you use to trigger the train mini-game was no longer in use. Checked my inventory: nope. Went back to where I originally found it: nope. It appears to have been subtracted/erased.

Cheeki1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Cheeki1 on Jan 24, 12 11:45 AM
Please help, no written notes in the journal. I played the sample version, loved it, it's a great game and I didn't have any problems. So I bought the game. As soon as I installed the unlimited purchased version and continued to play and went into the journal to read it, it no longer displayed any written notes. All the photos were in the journal from the beginning of the game and up to where I was playing but no longer had any written notes. So I uninstalled the game and then I reinstalled the game hoping that this would fix it. But, no luck. Still the journal is not displaying any written notes. Please help!

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 24, 12 12:35 PM
Cheeki1 wrote:Please help, no written notes in the journal. I played the sample version, loved it, it's a great game and I didn't have any problems. So I bought the game. As soon as I installed the unlimited purchased version and continued to play and went into the journal to read it, it no longer displayed any written notes. All the photos were in the journal from the beginning of the game and up to where I was playing but no longer had any written notes. So I uninstalled the game and then I reinstalled the game hoping that this would fix it. But, no luck. Still the journal is not displaying any written notes. Please help!

Since you have uninstalled and reinstalled, have you tried starting the game over again with a new profile name?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 24, 12 1:25 PM
RedSox4evr wrote:Crashes. Timer does not go down. 2/3 of games I am trying now, crash. Running Win7, 64 bit.

Hi RedSox4evr,

Especially if you're having troubles with several games, I'd really encourage you to send a Dr. Felix report to Tech Support. One of our reps will review these results and can then make some suggestions that are specific to your system.

In the meantime, please feel free to give the steps in this help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 01/24/2012 at 1:26:26 PM PST

Cheeki1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Cheeki1 on Jan 24, 12 1:26 PM
Good idea! But alas it did not work. I started the game over again with a new profile and still no writing in the journal.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 24, 12 1:36 PM
iamshiva wrote:i likethis game but it does not fit my screen, top is cut off. if this could be fixed i might buy. it fits my system requirments

Hi iamshiva,

You may want to try adjusting your screen resolution settings. Here's the link to a help article with more info:

Screen Resolution

If your game still isn't displaying properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Cheeki1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Cheeki1 on Jan 24, 12 2:52 PM
3rd reply to missing writting in the journal. After I tired setting up another profile and still the writting was missing in the journal. But thank you Lady_Cav for your suggestion. So I decided to do this and see if it would work, I uninstalled the game once again. Then I restarted my computer. Then I reinstalled the game again. It worked! Both profiles that I setup have writting in the journal. Time for dinner and then I'm looking forward to continue playing the game.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 24, 12 2:56 PM
Cheeki1 wrote:3rd reply to missing writting in the journal. After I tired setting up another profile and still the writting was missing in the journal. But thank you Lady_Cav for your suggestion. So I decided to do this and see if it would work, I uninstalled the game once again. Then I restarted my computer. Then I reinstalled the game again. It worked! Both profiles that I setup have writting in the journal. Time for dinner and then I'm looking forward to continue playing the game.

That's great news, Cheeki1 !!
That's something good to remember for the future -
- anytime you reinstall, it's good to reboot your computer.
Good luck with the game - hope you have fun with it!

[Post New]by Sososo on Jan 26, 12 6:06 PM
Help! I have a problem similar to 'Endofmonth'.
I had just put the second item to unlock the door in the trophy room when my free trial ended.

I bought the game but now the door is missing the last item i had put, and the item is no longer in my inventory nor at the spot where I had gotten it... What do i do??!

[Post New]by smartvalerie on Feb 5, 12 7:57 AM
Thanks for the reply about how to get the writting back, I have also lost mine. Off to try your answer.

Glitch

[Post New]by ZanninVT on Feb 5, 12 1:40 PM
THought I was stuck; found walk-thru; learned inserting snake's eye should have dropped gate/grill in bathroom. Eye is in snake, out of inventory & grill still won't drop.
Tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling. Still no joy.
Is only option to restart as another player?
Starting to feel more like work than fun...

[Post New]by suzzie6043604 on Mar 12, 12 9:55 AM
When I restart the game after leaving the game, it doesn't have the game saved and I have to start all over. I have tried reloading the game after uninstalling iy but it did the same thing the next time I tried to play.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 23, 12 10:34 AM
I have a problem in that I put the eye in the snake in the bathroom yet the grating didn't open. I don't know what to do as you can plainly see the eye yet the grating stays closed. Was there supposed to be 2 eyes? I am going to try to just start over and see where it takes me - as I am in the last stages of the game it is quite frustrating to say the least! If anyone else has a suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it. I will just use a new profile and save the old one to see if I can actually finish.

Lean

[Post New]by limpopo on Mar 23, 12 8:53 PM
Snake eye glitch - won't raise grill to obtain brand in bathroom chapter 5, so can't even begin last two chapters. A shame because this is a great game.

fai_fai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by fai_fai on Mar 24, 12 1:28 AM
In order for the iron grid to raise you have to put the snake eye and release the snake itself in the water. You have to fullfill both conditions.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 26, 12 8:23 PM
I too thought it was a "glitch" with the snake eye - SPOILER -

You need to put the snake that is in that stupid net in the tub too!

At any rate I had to quit playing for a few days after starting a new game with a new name (thought I had a glitch - see above) and now when I went back in (2 times) the cursor is "sticky" and it takes about 15 to 20 seconds to change from one scene to another. In a game such as this one that is awful as you are going to need at least 40 pairs of tennis shoes to get through as there is so much back and forth so now I am at a total loss as to what could have caused this problem. If I uninstall and reinstall will I lose BOTH games I have started and not finished? Is that my only recourse? What if that still doesn't work? I don't know why this happened, the game was working perfectly fine for me last week?? HELP BFG!! :-(

Lean

P.S. Thanks in advance as I know you folks are always great in this department!

[Post New]by Malott on Apr 8, 12 7:10 AM
I'm having a problem in chapter 5. I'm in the small bedroom by the butler and I have opened the warderobe with the key. The skeleton in the warderobe had a wooden thing with a number on it which I took. The same moment I took it, the game closed down and when It started again, the warderobe is open, the wooden thing is gone, but it is not in my inventory. If I click on the skeleton, it says that the warderobe needs to be opened with a key (which I have already done). I won't be able to continue without that wooden thing. Is this something that can be fixed? I don't want to start all over again with the game...

Malott

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Apr 29, 12 10:33 AM
Well got the same 'fatal error' on the SE as with the CE when I went to hit play
Although some great reviews my guess on my end its a 'no buy'
Yes...I have done all the clean up, scans, install/uninstall 3x, ... but still a lot to do for one game! Sorry its will not work for me

Go to: