bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 22, 12 12:05 AM
Welcome to Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Islandphish on Jan 23, 12 5:24 PM
This game was really fascinating, and I enjoyed every minute of regular gameplay. However, the "Epilogue" has left a bit to be desired. I hope someone can help on this; I approached the hobgoblin's lair and grabbed the poker. It has disappeared, not turned up in inventory, and now I find that it needs to be used to get the rope off the dog statue. Without it, I don't appear to be able to proceed with the game. Without the rope, I cannot hang the lantern; without the lantern, I cannot go further in the hobgoblin's lair. So - would someone please tell me how to proceed? Incidentally, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, just in case there was a "fix" for this, but without success. Thanks in anticipation of your help!

[Post New]by irishraven328 on Jan 23, 12 7:56 PM
Islandphish wrote:This game was really fascinating, and I enjoyed every minute of regular gameplay. However, the "Epilogue" has left a bit to be desired. I hope someone can help on this; I approached the hobgoblin's lair and grabbed the poker. It has disappeared, not turned up in inventory, and now I find that it needs to be used to get the rope off the dog statue. Without it, I don't appear to be able to proceed with the game. Without the rope, I cannot hang the lantern; without the lantern, I cannot go further in the hobgoblin's lair. So - would someone please tell me how to proceed? Incidentally, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, just in case there was a "fix" for this, but without success. Thanks in anticipation of your help!

I too am having the same problem with the poker...It has disapearred and I cant go any further. Any help in how to proceed would be greatly appreciated....I really dont want to have to start over just to finish this last part!

[Post New]by bigcasey54 on Jan 25, 12 5:39 PM
I just started this game and Im having trouble trying to put the gems in the statue, anybody know how to do this, Im getting really frustrated. Thanks for any help.

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Jan 26, 12 7:40 PM
I can't seem to put the gems in the statue - it won't let me. I noticed the girl in the mirror isn't lining up. She isn't lining up in the water bowl in the garden either. Let me know if there's a bug fix for this game. I really like it so far and would like to keep playing.

ford05
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ford05 on Jan 27, 12 2:41 AM
Hi ,, i have the game was playing and the screen went white unable to go further ,, not happy , can someone help me please

Fanfare123
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Trouble with glass cutter

[Post New]by Fanfare123 on Jan 27, 12 7:05 AM
I am trying to make stained glass, and my glass cutter has stopped working. It was "scoring" the black lines on the glass until I got to the one that looks like a man's back with wing things coming off his sides. VERY frustrating. Has anybody had this problem?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 28, 12 1:09 AM
Pretty much all the issues you guys are reporting are known glitches with the first version of this game. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your game as a fix has now been released. For more info you can check out the locked tech issues thread and the thread "UPDATE! New Version of Otherworld: Spring of Shadows CE Available today! Jan 27th, 2012".

Edited on 01/28/2012 at 1:26:17 AM PST

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Jan 30, 12 12:51 PM
Wiljul - it seems some of us are still having issues even with the 2nd version. First it was the gem in the butterfly garden, now it's the last tile on 2nd fl of house. Seems to me the developer needs to release a 3rd version!!!

[Post New]by halliotis on Feb 3, 12 8:12 PM
I cannot get to the second floor to give the goblin the rotten eggs. I point the arrow at "get to second floor" but nothing happens. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you. halliotis

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Feb 4, 12 9:58 AM
gioco bello,bella grafica...belli i mini puzzle...solo un po difficile trovare la soluzione,perchè forse c'è qualche problema tecnico ,oppure è uil mio pc che fa i capricci.ho dovuto ricorrere molto spesso alla guida per avere conferma che quello che stavo facendo era giusto.cmq è divertente e lo consiglio...

Atmum
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Atmum on Feb 5, 12 7:24 AM
I was enjoying playing this game (on mac) until I tried to make the hobgoblin's suit. I can get the wool, wash it and put it on the carding table but the carding board does not do anything. Tried shutting down, uninstalling, reinstalling and replaying game to same point and same thing happened.

Shame it is a nice relaxing game til I got to that bit.

[Post New]by amierakae_54 on Feb 7, 12 4:36 PM
I have reinstalled twice too with no difference, the poker problem is unchanged. This update was not listed on Game manager, why not?

Atmum
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Atmum on Feb 11, 12 11:41 AM
I have now managed to get the wool carded with help from BF tech. But am now stuck further on, in the village. I have to find a funnel and in the end resorted to the game hints as was at a loss. This says they are in a box on the counter in the shop (and showed a picture), but there is no box in my game. . . I am playing the latest downloaded version, but it still seems a bit of a glitchy game which is a shame as it is otherwise quite enjoyable.

Edited on 02/11/2012 at 11:41:53 AM PST

[Post New]by Mmonteleone on Mar 5, 12 6:07 PM
I am at the part where I am squaring off with Shade. It says I have to do the message backwards. Is there a walk through for this game?

[Post New]by Zinfandelorganic on Mar 6, 12 7:42 AM
Can you help me please.

My torch has disappeared! Therefore I can not get the bone out of the water.

Sorry if I am posting this on the wrong topic but I cant spot the new discussion button.

Thanks

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 6, 12 9:35 AM
Mmonteleone wrote:I am at the part where I am squaring off with Shade. It says I have to do the message backwards. Is there a walk through for this game?

Hi Mmonteleone,

If you're playing the Collector's Edition of this game, don't forget that you have a built-in Strategy Guide that you can refer to whenever you get stuck.

Also, we do have a walkthrough for the standard version of this game, which should include help for everything but the bonus level. Here's the link:

Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Walkthrough

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 6, 12 9:37 AM
Zinfandelorganic wrote:Can you help me please.

My torch has disappeared! Therefore I can not get the bone out of the water.

Sorry if I am posting this on the wrong topic but I cant spot the new discussion button.

Thanks

Hi Zinfandelorganic,

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to check your Strategy Guide, (or the walkthrough for the standard version of this game), just to make sure that you haven't accidentally missed any steps along the way.

If you've already done this and still aren't able to get your torch back, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. Creating a new player profile is another option, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If none of these tips help and you feel that you are experiencing some sort of technical issue, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by micki45 on Mar 15, 12 6:45 AM
Atmum wrote:I have now managed to get the wool carded with help from BF tech. But am now stuck further on, in the village. I have to find a funnel and in the end resorted to the game hints as was at a loss. This says they are in a box on the counter in the shop (and showed a picture), but there is no box in my game. . . I am playing the latest downloaded version, but it still seems a bit of a glitchy game which is a shame as it is otherwise quite enjoyable.

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on Mar 16, 12 8:54 AM
I got my money back on this game. Its problems after problems. If they ever fix everything I might rebuy. Might.

Go to: