bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 22, 12 12:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 01/27/2012 at 3:08:03 AM PST

tatsu1952
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tatsu1952 on Jan 22, 12 1:55 AM
Hmm, seems like I'm the only one so far with problems The game downloaded OK, but it just won't load. The opening screen of the BFG logo is very dark and the next screen (no idea what it is - there's a very dark image on the LHS of the screen that looks like a tower or a windmill) then nothing. Had to C-A-D to get out of it. Have uninstalled and reinstalled, but just get the same problems.

Ah well, I've got other games to play and I certainly can't afford a CE right now, so perhaps it's all for the best.

Happy gaming

Tatsu

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 22, 12 1:59 AM
I purchased this game and when I get to the butterfly garden there is on last jewel that I click on and it WILL NOT let me pick it up. Can't progress any further in game.
Anyone else with this issue?

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 22, 12 2:06 AM
Thanks but I can see this one and it just won't let me pick it up. It doesn't let me move a leaf etc and it is visible on the screen. Its a orange teardrop looking one near the base of the left rabbit and to the left of the butterfly there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still it will not let me pick it up.

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 2:23:14 AM PST

[Post New]by barbalicious1508 on Jan 22, 12 3:17 AM
I downloaded the game but it's scrolling like the old TV sets people used to have. Suggestions? Thanks, Barb

[Post New]by MagickUnicorns on Jan 22, 12 5:55 AM
diamondgirlva wrote:I purchased this game and when I get to the butterfly garden there is on last jewel that I click on and it WILL NOT let me pick it up. Can't progress any further in game.
Anyone else with this issue?

I am also having the same problem. The last gem that I can't pick up is the tear dropped shaped orange gem. I have clicked on it multiple times which just freezed the screen. I have checked the guide to make sure that I am clicking on what I think is a gem and indeed it is. What's going on?

LWensel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by LWensel on Jan 22, 12 7:14 AM
downloaded the game and it goes to a white page and that's where it stays!

cbwooood
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by cbwooood on Jan 22, 12 7:30 AM
I have the same problem as LWensel---game downloads fine---brings up developer page and says its loading then a cursor on just a white page--uninstalled and re-installed with same problem

Candycleve
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Candycleve on Jan 22, 12 8:23 AM
I also get the white screen. Also uninstalled and reinstalled. Looks like a good game but can't play it.

[Post New]by mamaevovo2 on Jan 22, 12 8:31 AM
cbwooood wrote:I have the same problem as LWensel---game downloads fine---brings up developer page and says its loading then a cursor on just a white page--uninstalled and re-installed with same problem

I have the same problem, white screen and i have to restart the computer.

[Post New]by patnik7 on Jan 22, 12 8:59 AM
Having same issue as diamondgirl & dvdiva. Any answers yet?

[Post New]by alicekramden on Jan 22, 12 9:22 AM
Can't get out of full screen mode. States me resolution is too small for it. What resolution is necessary to change out of fullscreen, please?

[Post New]by Bigbrowndog on Jan 22, 12 9:29 AM
Yep, similar problem to other peeps in that all I get is music and a white screen with a silver cursor in the middle; - not much good really and obviously a problem as so many people are having it to the point where it hasn't actually been reviewed yet!!

Oh well, back to playing something else then.....

idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by idbeek on Jan 22, 12 9:34 AM
I downloaded Otherworld to play the trial. After it installed, my computer crashed. After rebooting, the game manager says the trial has expired. Guess I'll wait for an update before trying again. It looks like a great game, but I love my computer more.

[Post New]by alicekramden on Jan 22, 12 10:22 AM
Well, tried it in fullscreen mode. Cursor jumped all over the place and had a pixel square in certain areas. Lots of squares all over the place in different scenes!

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Jan 22, 12 10:28 AM
I was on the second floor of the house and there's a puzzle where you have to find 10 wooden tiles. For the tile in the box next the duck, I kept clicking on it but it wouldn't let me pick it up and I kept getting the nasty creature for clicking too much. So I backed out of the puzzle and when I came back into it, then it let me take it. Just thought I'd mention that in case any one else came across the same problem.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jan 22, 12 11:02 AM
This is the second game recently released by BF that is causing the Game Manager to crash when I try to download it. This is on Vista HP. My system exceeds the game specifications and everything is updated.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bfgclient.exe
Application Version: 3.0.1.60
Application Timestamp: 4e4de6a7
Fault Module Name: bfgclient.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.0.1.60
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e4de6a7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00027fe7
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 27dd
Additional Information 2: b76caa7c2627bab0b68e16f682ad848f
Additional Information 3: 481c
Additional Information 4: e8b1f521a253c187784888621f9fd9ed

ETA: I uninstalled the game manager and reinstalled it, and now the game is downloaing and the GM hasn't crashed so far. ~fingers crossed~

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 4:18:41 PM PST

SPEEDEO
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by SPEEDEO on Jan 22, 12 11:06 AM
LWensel wrote:downloaded the game and it goes to a white page and that's where it stays!
I am having same problem white screen and then i have to use task manager to get out redownloaded and tried again my computer will run about any game i had bought this too

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jan 22, 12 11:08 AM
Gate Problems:

In order to "zoom in on the gate, I had to backup/reenter scene. Had to (backup/reenter scene) to place the "items" on the gate lock. I had to do the same thing again, (backup/reenter) in order to go through the gate.

Seems to me there is a programming problem here. I am using VISTA.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jan 22, 12 1:15 PM
First off, I don't have full screen, though it's checked in the settings. I get this black bar, about two inches wide, on the right side and bottom of the screen. I tried changing resolutions but nothing worked.

Aside from getting hold of BF support tomorrow, any suggestions? The game seems good but I'm not going to play when a lot of the screen is black.

*sigh*

Go to: