DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Overworld: Spring of Shadows CE

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 22, 12 1:40 AM
Hi there,
Well I have checked the few reviews posted so far for this game and, without in any way insulting the respective reviewers, I am still no better off than I was when Mudrock posted his prediction for this game.
I have also attempted a few searches for more info myself - but was lead to mostly "no-go" sites.
Someone out there must have more info to help us along.
It looks OK by me, but I am an avid fan of newer devs and usually don't have the patience to wait for the SE version of a game - or the monthly limit to DL both the CE Trial and/or the CE version of a game.
The difference between the two versions here is comparatively low, so I suspect that the SG is enabled for the Trial version.
So.....?
Cheers

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 1:42:24 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Overworld: Spring of Shadows CE

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 22, 12 1:52 AM
Hm, almost 2 hours since this game was offered as TGT and very few posts.
If it was bad there would have been losts of "stuff" about this, so I am assuming it is at least worthy and interesting.
Cheers

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 12 2:01 AM
Good morning or rather good evening to you, DLO.

Well, I better copy my "comments" from the "Reviews" thread into this one, in case one of the mods is on the war path and will delete them. LOL

grannyq wrote:Valdy I took your review for House of 1000 Doors and I bought the CE. I was not disappointed. However after trying this game I am also not impressed. It just seems too easy and I was quickly bored. For those of you who love it, enjoy!

Hi Grannyq...

No worries. I happen to like easy. LOL If it gets too hard, I get frustrated and stressed, and it becomes like a lot of hard work for me. I just like walking through a game easily and just admiring the graphics and gameplay, while doing tasks here and there.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 12 2:03 AM
WebsiteBoomzap wrote:
Valdy wrote:There is no map.

Just a quick note - there actually IS a map - you just get it after the survey section. It does not allow you to go to specific scenes, but to very different locations, each of which have a number of different scenes. I would say more, but I don't want to spoil it any more than that.

And thank you!

Hi there!

Thanks for popping in. So there is a map?! I don't know where the survey section is, but I will keep my eyes peeled for it. Just bought the game! Just love what I have played so far.

ETA: Thanks for letting me know that the map shows up after the trial version.

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 2:08:19 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 22, 12 2:15 AM
Hm Valdy,
I am sorry to say that I still have no more useful information after your two posts here than I did after reading your earlier review.
(House of 1000 Doors??)
I am not having a senior moment.
Cheers

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 2:17:23 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 22, 12 2:28 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hm Valdy,
I am sorry to say that I still have no more useful information after your two posts here than I did after reading your earlier review.
(House of 1000 Doors??)
Cheers

DLO: my suggestion is that you try it yourself and form your own independent opinion.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 22, 12 2:54 AM
jkuci wrote:
(House of 1000 Doors??)
Cheers

DLO: my suggestion is that you try it yourself and form your own independent opinion.

Hi there jkuci,
Of course this is good advice for all of us here - and I not only adhere to this premise myself, but also advise others to do the same when I have recommended a game in the past.
I was hoping that others would actually have something to comment upon in regard to "anything" about the full game to enlighten all of us rather than post a review based on a trial. Especially in light of the fact that there was very little to be gleaned elsewhere.
Cheers

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 3:13 AM
Just a thought:
It's been a while since we had 2 great CEs in the same week----but this one and Thursday's game are both excellent, completely CE-worthy offerings. Way to go, devs and BF!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 22, 12 3:59 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hm, almost 2 hours since this game was offered as TGT and very few posts.
If it was bad there would have been losts of "stuff" about this, so I am assuming it is at least worthy and interesting.
Cheers

IMO yes it is and I bought it after 35 minutes because it is more adventure and not just junkpile hog after junkpile hog .

Don't forget you like adventures too Ozzie but if you buy it on my say so and don't like it you can't do anything to me because we are oceans apart so I know I am quite safe recommending it .

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 12 4:06 AM
(House of 1000 Doors??)
Cheers

Those 2 comments in this thread weren't so much for you, but those who I copied my response to.

Did you read the many positive reviews in the "Reviews" thread? And did you play the trial version? That should make up your mind whether you like the game or not.
Also, do you like Boomzap games to begin with?

This is not a HOG, but more of an Adventure/Puzzle game.

Hope this helps.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 4:25 AM
well valdy and cbtx....i found your reviews and others informative, and since we seem to have the same taste in what we consider ce worthy, this will be a buy for me,,, it has been a very long time since there were 2 ce,s in a month worth buying,,,,,yeah!!!!!!! my 1st full punch card in months

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 12 4:27 AM
bella81762 wrote:well valdy and cbtx....i found your reviews and others informative, and since we seem to have the same taste in what we consider ce worthy, this will be a buy for me,,, it has been a very long time since there were 2 ce,s in a month worth buying,,,,,yeah!!!!!!! my 1st full punch card in months

Yayyy... Bella !! Remember my telling you yesterday that I slipped up with the other CE? LOL And now here I am with yet another CE buy.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 22, 12 4:52 AM
Well, I'm a absolute fan of this developer and in this game they are debuting a new play mode - hardcore - one with NO hints!!!

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 6:00:46 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 4:54 AM
bella81762 wrote:well valdy and cbtx....i found your reviews and others informative, and since we seem to have the same taste in what we consider ce worthy, this will be a buy for me,,, it has been a very long time since there were 2 ce,s in a month worth buying,,,,,yeah!!!!!!! my 1st full punch card in months

They are both great games----I shudder to think how costly this could get if they did this twice every week! LOL

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 4:56 AM
Valdy wrote:

Yayyy... Bella !! Remember my telling you yesterday that I slipped up with the other CE? LOL And now here I am with yet another CE buy.

As I said to bella, I worry about the money but if the games are this good----I'll find a way!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 12 4:56 AM
cbtx wrote:
Valdy wrote:

As I said to bella, I worry about the money but if the games are this good----I'll find a way!

LOL It would be nice if these fantastic CEs would be distributed more evenly. Say one a week?

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 22, 12 4:58 AM
It will be hard resisting the temptation to buy this game as a CE. I may give up the effort. I didn't finish the first chapter before my 60 minutes were up, so it looks like a good long game. I love this developer and the only problem I've had so far is searching for (Possible spoiler) SPIDERS! Ick. Anyway, the colors are lovely, the music soft and nice for the background. No voices, but I didn't mind that. Oh...what to do...what to do.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 5:01 AM
textrekkie wrote:Well, I'm a absolute fan of this developer and in this game they have are debuting a new play mode - hardcore - one with NO hints!!!

I can't believe I didn't even notice this----another positive.
And this dev has jumped to the top of my favorite dev list along with Blue Tea.
Want to guess which one fell out?

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 5:05 AM
jennsmom wrote:It will be hard resisting the temptation to buy this game as a CE. I may give up the effort. I didn't finish the first chapter before my 60 minutes were up, so it looks like a good long game. I love this developer and the only problem I've had so far is searching for (Possible spoiler) SPIDERS! Ick. Anyway, the colors are lovely, the music soft and nice for the background. No voices, but I didn't mind that. Oh...what to do...what to do.

I agree that it's probably a very lengthy game----the SG shows over 160 pages including the bonus game. But then I'm a VERY slow player.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 5:07 AM
Valdy wrote:
cbtx wrote:
Valdy wrote:

LOL It would be nice if these fantastic CEs would be distributed more evenly. Say one a week?

One per week would be great, or maybe two (for $9.99 maybe----like that'll happen)LOL

Go to: