Thank you from the developers!

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Jan 22, 12 7:05 AM
I just wanted to take a brief moment to thank everyone for taking the time to try our newest franchise, and to hope that you enjoy this slightly different direction. The title was our attempt to try to try a slightly darker theme, but to stay true to our bright and beautiful roots. I hope that we have succeeded in making something that's meaningfully different from our Awakening, Dana Knightstone, and Antique Road Trip franchises, but similar enough that our fans can say "this is why I like Boomzap games."

As a new franchise, this was one of our longest and most expensive development cycles. It was a real labor of love - honestly, all of our games are - but this one was particularly loved by the staff because we tried so much new in it, including a very different art style from anything we have seen in the genre. We also added a number of new features, including updated strategy guide that keeps pace with you, a harder difficulty level, and lots of other small touches based on the feedback of our users. As always, we're extremely curious to hear what you're happy about, and what you'd like to see changed. Of course, with such a diverse user base, we can't please all of the users, since many have opposed opinions - but we always do listen, and love the feedback.

As many of you know, Boomzap is a virtual studio with staff across the world, but largely in Southeast Asia - including Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines. Tonight is the eve of Chinese New Year - and tonight many of our dev team are at home celebrating the biggest holiday of the Asian year with their families, trying their best not to let their parents, grandparents, assorted aunts and uncles see them constantly check their iPhones to read all of your wonderful comments when they are supposed to be celebrating. Trust me when I say you have made their day.

Again, thank you all of you so much for continuing to support Boomzap games. It is your kindness that allows us all to keep making games like this, and living our dreams.

Happy Year of the Dragon to all of you!
Gong xi fa cai!

----
Christopher Natsuume - Creative Director, Boomzap

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Thank you from the developers!

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 12 7:16 AM
Happy New Year, everyone at Boomzap!

I am loving this game. I always liked Boomzap games, but found them a tad tedious with the many puzzles I encountered (am not too good with puzzles, and prefer the games to have more hidden object scenes).

However, this game is just fabulous and exactly the kind of game I would love to encounter more often. There aren't all that many puzzles and I really like the "find 10 things of this and 20 things of that" hidden objects scenes. This is such a fun and entertaining game, I am very happy with it.

Thank you for a wonderful game.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jan 22, 12 7:23 AM
This is quite a beautiful game and I do love playing it! All the "extras" such as achievements are much appreciated as they complement the game and add replay value. The animations are so nice as are the graphics! I can see this game has required a lot of work and dedication. Definitely "CE worthy" and I will buy it!

Thank you so very much!!

tj

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 22, 12 7:33 AM
Chris - I just posted my preliminary review. I don't have enough superlative adjectives in my vocabulary, but up front I want to first say THANK YOU FOR HARDCORE MODE!! Because of this addition, I will get many hours of play out of this game and love every minute.

Second - the game is absolutely beautiful. I've just gotten through the first 45 minutes but I'm loving the artwork and story so far. The puzzles are good and unique, not repetitious at all and everything moves along very, very well. (I even had to deliberately overclick in a HOS scene to see 'the shadow' appear - LOL). I like the achievements and collectibles as well.

I'll post a final review when I've finished the game, but it's all looking really, really good.

Thanks again, Chris.

And Happy New Year to everyone!

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 7:34:29 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 12 7:43 AM
I just wanted to add that I really enjoy games where I am given tasks rather than just stumble from one puzzle to the next, as was often the case in the previous games.

For example, I really enjoyed the making of clothes from start to finish.

More of the same, please.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 7:50 AM
you guys are awesome and should be proud,,, the variety of hog scenes form finding items , to frog type,, to related items,,,,,lovely, the scenes are gorgeous, puzzles interesting,, story intriguing........wtg

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 7:50 AM
you guys are awesome and should be proud,,, the variety of hog scenes form finding items , to frog type,, to related items,,,,,lovely, the scenes are gorgeous, puzzles interesting,, story intriguing........wtg

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 7:51 AM

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Jan 22, 12 7:59 AM
textrekkie wrote:I want to first say THANK YOU FOR HARDCORE MODE!!

I'd like to mention this was a feature we took directly from requests in this forum - and exactly the kind interaction we love having with our users. And honestly, it was pretty simple to implement - we just needed to know you wanted it! We're very excited to see what other great ideas the forums can help us generate...

Thanks again!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 8:31 AM
just found yet another different style hog scene...something for everyone....

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Jan 22, 12 8:31 AM
I love "Awakening" games and replay fairly often the three of them. And every time I enjoy them very much! Recently I tried "Dana Knightstone" and I loved it too! And now this new one! And it`s so beautiful, so enchanting, full of charm and fantasy!

THANK YOU for all your great and creative work !!!

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jan 22, 12 8:42 AM

THANK YOU BOOMZAP for all the lovely games you've developed. This game will be an automatic buy knowing it comes from one of my favorite studios.

Happy Year of the Dragon to you all!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 22, 12 9:26 AM
HAPPY YEAR of the DRAGON to All at BOOMZAP!

The game is beautiful! I love everything I have seen in it.
The storyline, everything just flows. Thank you so much for all
the work and dedication and effort you all have put into this game.

And a HUGE THANK YOU for making the bonus material available
immediately upon purchase. As I have already stated in the review thread, I have purchased the game and already placed one of the lovely wallpapers on my desktop. Having the extras available WHILE playing the game for the first time adds to the overall enjoyment of the game for me.

Also, thanks for some insight on the game and its creators. That too makes the game extra special.
BK

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 22, 12 9:38 AM
A huge THANK YOU to everyone at Boomzap. Great job on this game. I absolutely love it. It has everything I look for in a game. Just one little thing I would prefer is...voiceover through out the whole game... not just the cut scenes. But other than that, I'm loving it! The graphics are so beautiful and the music is enchanting. Well Done! I really appreciate all the work you put into the beautiful graphics. Keep up the good work and bring us more please.

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 9:38:47 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 22, 12 9:49 AM
I didn't buy the Awakening series - bit too childish, I thought, though gorgeous to look at. but LOVED the Dana ones and bought both CEs.

This is a wonderful game. I had hoped to achieve today, but this game is like discovering a great book. You just have to talk to yourself firmly and face the fact that nothing is going to get done until it's finished.

I remember somewhere reading a developer saying they were going to stick with the spooky/asylum/occult/superscary themes because they had developed a fun game and it didn't sell. I think that's a shame - many of us here hugely enjoyed the Dream Day series and Love Letters from the Past. This game is slightly spooky, but so beautiful - graphics/music - and gentle. I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Many many congratulations and thanks you so much to all of you at Boomzap. Have a wonderful New Year - it looks like it is going to be a great one. And thank you so much for listening to us. I had 2 game club credits which has never happened EVER and I was delighted to use them on your game.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 22, 12 10:10 AM
Hi Boomzap,
Just wanted to say I enjoyed this game so much. Could see it was a labour of love. Also made a refreshing change to get a Mac version same day as PC one.
Took me 10 hrs from beginning to end too. Superb value for money!
So enjoyed not having to plough through umpteen junk pile HOG scenes.
Loved everything about it...more like this please!
Not as spooky as some, but made a change from the usual format.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jan 22, 12 10:21 AM
Chris,

I was just coming in the forums to look at comments and saw this thread. Boomzap games are always an automatic buy for me because they aren't the same as all the others out there and not spooky. I was at the Workshop in July and was impressed with your desire to create great games that didn't tow the line of most in being super spooky.

I am just downloading the trial now, but can honestly say, if it's from Boomzap that it will be on my list to buy.

Thanks for all you do and Happy Chinese New Year!

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jan 22, 12 10:23 AM
Chris,

I was just coming in the forums to look at comments and saw this thread. Boomzap games are always an automatic buy for me because they aren't the same as all the others out there and not spooky. I was at the Workshop in July and was impressed with your desire to create great games that didn't tow the line of most in being super spooky.

I am just downloading the trial now, but can honestly say, if it's from Boomzap that it will be on my list to buy.

Thanks for all you do and Happy Chinese New Year!

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jan 22, 12 10:41 AM
Christopher - Words fail me, all I can say is that I love this game! I have all the Awakening games, too, and now I'm going to have to try Dana Knightstone. Thanks to all the talented folks at BoomZap. Just keep them coming!

DK

winterlyn
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by winterlyn on Jan 22, 12 10:43 AM
Thank you Boomzap Developers and a Happy New Year of the Dragon!

Two words for this game "Simply Incredible!" but what else would one expect from Boomzap? I think I've bought all of your games so far. Just can't resist them.

I agree with Love To Miss Lisa in that voiceovers throughout the game would have been a nice treat at least for me anyways.

Keep us the terrific creative work we are all enjoying so much!

Go to: