Giant Octopus

[Post New]by LoveBug44 on Jan 22, 12 4:32 PM
I can not find the Giant Octopus. I have already beaten the game, but I am going back for the Giant Octopus. I am hunting in all the watery areas, but am coming up short. I have hunted about 60 battles in a row now and am getting nothing! Maybe I should just stick to one area instead of doing 10 here, 10 there, etc? I am at level 25, have all of my allies and have all the quests done. I actually tried to find the Giant Octopus before the final battle, but had no luck, so went ahead and beat the game. Help! What area is it in?

I loved this game!!

My best strategy was using the following techniques together: Rapid Strike, Blizzard, Greater Haste, Revenant, Battle Clone, Volcano, Lighting Breath and the following runes: Readiness, Ease, Extreme Luck, Fire Arch Wizard, Ice Arch Wizard. I was able to breeze through the latter part of the game, and winning the final battle on my first try. Slots were 3 blues, 3 red, with red being the most rare and using the fawn to 1/2 the price of my techniques.

Re:Giant Octopus

[Post New]by LoveBug44 on Jan 22, 12 5:02 PM
Of course, after posting this, I found the Giant Octopus. I guess it was random luck. I found it by hunting in Whaler's Cove. (I had hunted there earlier in the day, but just now found it).

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Giant Octopus

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 14, 12 8:15 PM
LoveBug44 wrote:Rapid Strike, Blizzard, Greater Haste, Revenant, Battle Clone, Volcano, Lighting Breath and the following runes: Readiness, Ease, Extreme Luck, Fire Arch Wizard, Ice Arch Wizard. I was able to breeze through the latter part of the game, and winning the final battle on my first try. Slots were 3 blues, 3 red, with red being the most rare and using the fawn to 1/2 the price of my techniques.

RUNES
Readiness: Unknown
Ease: 5% discount on all techniques.
Extreme Luck: +15% to win percentage
Fire Arch Wizard: Presumably +15% Fire damage.
Ice Arch Wizard: +15% bonus Cold damage

SPELLS
Rapid Strike: 70 A to stun enemy until you win 4 spins. Recharge: 13.
Blizzard: 138 M for 52 Cold, 60 w/ Rune.
Greater Haste: 125 M to spin 3x for 4 spins. Recharge 8.
Revenant: 85 A to add 3 W-i-l-d-s* after ea. of 4 spins. Recharge 12.
Battle Clone: 145 A to double damage for next 8 spins. (No recharge.)
Volcano: 150 M for 60 Fire, 69 w/ Rune.
Light[n?]ing Breath--must be from the Dragon I haven't captured yet.

I too think the Fawn is probably the most useful symbol.

I'll revise the above if & when I get more data.

See also in this forum (so Moderator, leave these links alone!):
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/168805.page#3318665 , "What's your fav strategy?" and
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/171591.page#3368249 , "clockwork man mark II"
----------------
* The editor wants to replace the straight word with asterisks. Have NO idea why!

Edited on 02/14/2012 at 8:34:37 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Giant Octopus

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 17, 12 7:20 PM
Rune of Readiness: Gives 20% of max Attack and Mana at beginning of each combat. At level 25, that's 54 points each--very convenient!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Giant Octopus

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 16, 12 2:36 PM
I wrote that I thought the Fawn was the most useful symbol.

Second time thru, I still haven't encountered the Fawn, and I'm nearly finished. But I've been happily using the Phantom, which prevents the opponent from spinning OR attaching for 1, 2, or 5 spins. And the first time thru, I never saw the Phantom.

Go to: