bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Reviews for Three Musketeers Secret: Constance's Mission

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 23, 12 12:28 AM
Hi Fishies!

We’d love to hear what you think of Three Musketeers Secret: Constance's Mission; your reviews are very important to us and to other Fishies. And now you’re more than welcomed to post your thoughts about this game right from the Three Musketeers Secret: Constance's Mission page over Here!

For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

You can also specify if you played the game from the trial version or the full version and on which level you ended your game play, so that other players can get more out of this discussion !

If you are experiencing technical issues with this game, remember to check out the support thread for this game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!
bfgKenai

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Reviews for Three Musketeers Secret: Constance's Mission

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 23, 12 12:38 AM
I played this game some time back and not expecting much I was pleasantly surprised.
The game had an interesting story and very bright, colorful graphics.
The gameplay, however, is sort of clunky with extended times to change scenes, a little bit unclear as to what to do next, etc.
But if you can get past that, there is a certain charm to it----good enough for a coupon, anyway.
There us a variety of things to do with hidden objects and assorted puzzles.
Of course, after last night's superb offering, most anything will pale in comparison----a very tough act to follow.
But I think it's worth a look, anyway.
Somewhat recommended. (that's as bland as I can put it.)
Try for yourself.

I guess I should say recommended, light.

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 12:44:52 AM PST

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Jan 23, 12 12:50 AM
I lasted less than 10 minutes on this game. I usually don't do reviews because so many others do them before I get to it but this time I'm motivated to do so because this game to me is so bad.

Maybe I'm wrong to think this, but this is a game that wants to hold your hand and I can't stand that! You cannot skip the (thankfully short) tutorial. In one scene you have to put 3 things together to get a 4th thing and the diagram of how to do so is drawn on the area for you! Sort of an outline when you hover over the area in which you are to work. To me, if I wanted that level of hand holding I wouldn't play a HOG/Adventure game.

My best idea is to try the game. If you can get past the handholding and being told everything to do, then you might like it.

Good luck.

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Jan 23, 12 1:13 AM
I think this game is an ideal starter game for someone new to the genre. For experienced players it will not satisfy as there is too much handholding.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Jan 23, 12 1:28 AM
I would say that as someone not experienced in these games - mainly because they lack instructions that this one is the same - no instructions and a lot of click and hope that you actually hit something that will do something for you.

I won't be buying because it is too hard - but I usually don't waste my time on these sorts of games anyway as they are all too hard - no instructions/tutorials at all - too much time spent hoping and this is no different.

The scene you describe about putting together the rope thing was useful as trying to put the things together without that simply didn't work.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 23, 12 1:36 AM
I like this game enough to get it with a punch card or DD/COTW. With this said...it's not a game for advanced players who are looking for a challenge. But for new players and players who are die hard fans of all kinds of Ihog/hog/hopa/ games. It is very simplistic, but I like it. The graphics are very crisp and clear. The story is interesting enough to hold my interest. I think it's worth a try at least, to make up one's own mind on this one. It's a buy for me with a punch card.

NO: Voiceovers
NO: Widescreen
YES: Full Screen/but you have to adjust your DPI
YES: Custom Cursor
YES: Music/Sound/Ambeiance Separate
Theme: Frolicking Adventure

I rate this game: “PORK BELLY” Mediocre game
Maybe a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre, but it is most definitely for me.
‘ ‘
(o)

kittyfish51
Marlin
Marlin
8,439 Posts

[Post New]by kittyfish51 on Jan 23, 12 1:36 AM
Played part of the free hour:

The bad:
- I found the characters moving their mouths but no sound coming out of them to be out of sync with you having to read the dialogue - you're trying to watch movement and expression which you miss cause you're reading.
- The loading between scenes seemed long (and even happened during a scene when you going to a different spot in same scene)
- I couldn't get past the characters looking like the Barbie movies for kids

The good:
- the story was interesting
- the what to do next was challenging at times (like getting the sealing wax to melt)
- it was a "light" scene but a bit unfocused - not sharp edges

I will not buy it as the bad is distracting enough for me not to even finish the demo.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 12 1:57 AM
Good morning, fishies...

This review is based on the demo:

There is a choice of system and custom cursor.

There is not so much widescreen, but a streched screen, covering all of the monitor.

There is no voice-over.

There is only one gameplay mode.

There is no journal or map.

There are different types of HOS (hidden object scenes): One is where you find objects in the main room (many objects aren't easy to spot), and the other one is in a close-up, where you fish through other objects by pushing them aside (I rather like this one).

The latter HOS not only has a HINT but also a SKIP button.

The HINT button, which also works outside of the HOS, takes about 40 seconds to refill.

The task bar is at the left. It also serves as a list for the HOS.

--- --- ---

This is actually a rather nice game. Quite quaint, and the graphics aren't all that outstanding, but playable.
Of course, this game can't be compared with today's games we get from developers like Boomzap, Elephant Games, and ERS, etc., but still...

I am not sure whether I will buy this game, but see how desperate I will be for a new game later on in the week.

--- --- ---

LovetoMissLisa wrote:NO: Widescreen
YES: Full Screen/but you have to adjust your DPI

Hi Lisa...

The stretched screen came automatically for my laptop. My DPI setting is always on 150%.

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 2:10:12 AM PST

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jan 23, 12 2:00 AM
I think this is one of the worst games I have tried in a long time. The opening page set my teeth on edge with the so called "alluring" musketeer, and the woodeness of the fgures was awful. I did not appreciate chasing things around in the first HOS, and the written dialogue was awful.
I can usually see some good in most games, even if there not to my taste, but this one.....NO THANKS!

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jan 23, 12 3:00 AM
I actually quite liked this game and might have bought but when I'm stuck and need a hint for what to do next I just get told to use something from my inventory which is no help at all .

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 12 3:54 AM
gillydi53 wrote:I actually quite liked this game and might have bought but when I'm stuck and need a hint for what to do next I just get told to use something from my inventory which is no help at all .

SPOILER ALERT

Hi Gillydi

Are you talking about catching the mouse? Then yes, there is an item in your inventory that you should use.

END OF SPOILER ALERT

I found the HINT button outside of the HOS very helpful, always pointing me to where I should look.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Jan 23, 12 4:16 AM
I played for 19 minutes and that was too long. The game is simplistic, the items are small, "dress the doll" - well I used to do that before computers were invented !!! I agree with Valdy, the game is clunky, the cursor is jerky etc etc etc a really BIG NO for me. Thank goodness we have had some really good games lately - I'm going back to them now.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jan 23, 12 5:23 AM
Well, that was different. Not bad. Just different.
I do agree with some that this would make a great game for newer players but it may also discourage them from playing other adventure games. I did encounter places that stumped me for a moment

The graphics remind me of the older adventure games and I was very disappointed not to have voice overs. It would have added a lot.

This offers no choice in difficulty of play and you have to play the tutorial.

I did find the hidden object scenes rather refreshing. Some you move items around as your mouse scrolls over and item are hidden under others. Some are item lists as usual but you have to move furniture and drawers and such.
Some items are rather small or well hidden. The fact that you can skip the hidden object scenes was new to me! Never saw that offered before.

There is a lot of hand holding but much of it is only made available to you not forced on you. Like the quick filling hint button.

One thing that has always bothered me is having more than one of an item in a HOS. For example in this I was looking for a bow. They had both a violin bow and a tied bow.

I thought dressing the main character was a fun twist. I doubt most men would want to do it but that to can be skipped over.

I wouldn't buy this until I see a tutorial. I like to check the length before hand and if I do happen to get stuck I would like help!

There is just something about this that makes me want to finish the game so if there ever is a walkthrough I would use a coupon for it.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 23, 12 6:29 AM
Well as I played the demo I have to say that is not my type of HOG and in the beginning kind of look like annoying with so many instructions and hints (yes it does tells you what to do next in the boxes), but once I got into it it was actually no so bad.

Is different, no that I have not played this type before, but no very often.

The characters look nice, the story is good, is clear, nice graphics and actually I will put it in list of to buy.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jan 23, 12 7:22 AM
As I can see there are mixed reviews for this game. Myself, I thought it was just
"okay" - nothing great. It seems like I didn't get very far in an hour and was kind of lost on what the game was about. The gameplay was okay but the story was a bit off. It seemed like it was an old prototype of one of the first games they ever made in this category. I would only rate it a 4 out of 10.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jan 23, 12 8:19 AM
Thanks valdy got the mouse but dont know how to melt the wax or get the key

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Jan 23, 12 8:26 AM
This game has spot the differences?!! I'm outta here, not even going to download.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 12 8:27 AM
gillydi53 wrote:Thanks valdy got the mouse but dont know how to melt the wax or get the key

At the left wall in the same room, just over the fireplace, when you put your cursor on it, it will tell you that it's hot or warm there. Put the wax against that wall and it will melt enough.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 23, 12 10:49 AM
Actually, I sort of liked this game. I am what I call a seasoned gammer (preferring a far more challenging game), but sometimes I just like to skate through a game. This one is fairly simple, easy games. It does take a bit of thought because the hint does not walk you through every move you have to make. You really have to "look" for some of the items you need. This one is a bit different and I want to see how it ends. Nice little game for a snowy day. I will use a credit for this one, just because.

Thanks for the reviews.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Jan 23, 12 11:14 AM
I don't know why I like this, but I do. It's kind of clever in a rough sort of way.
I might buy.

Go to: