pollyuk2
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

gas can from old village for use in shed

[Post New]by pollyuk2 on Jan 23, 12 5:42 AM
Hi. There is no red gas can in first house of ruined village. I've loaded in earlier games but still no gas can. Is this game over for me now? I've got to the part where I need it now

pollyuk2
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

Re:gas can from old village for use in shed

[Post New]by pollyuk2 on Feb 6, 12 7:32 AM
I've learnt there's probably a game fault, which is why you can't buy it anymore. Shame.

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Re:gas can from old village for use in shed

[Post New]by Simsane on Apr 3, 12 7:32 AM
I had that same thing happen to me. I think I figured out why it happened in my game, but that may not be why it did in your game.

I had played a ways and then decided to go back to an earlier game. I wanted to change how I did some things. Anyway, when I got to the part where I was exploring the shed and I went to pick up that card that is lying on the table my game froze and when I hit my Escape key, it took me out of the game completely instead of to the Save, Load, Main Menu screen.

I tried again and the same thing happened. Finally, I decided to try to find the Save Games and delete them then start all over again. Next time when I got to the part where I found the card in the shed it didn't freeze and when I finally got to the Village again, the gas can was there.

What I learned is that you must read those cards -- they trigger things to "happen" or to "be there" in the game -- but if you read them more than once (even from within your inventory) it can cause problems.

So, if you're willing to try to play again I'd suggest you find where the games are saved (mine was found in: My Computer/Local Disk (C /Program Files/Agatha Christie-And Then There Were None/Saved Games -- but I am still using Windows XP so your files may be located elsewhere.) and delete all of them so as to start fresh.

Good luck and hope it works for you. I know that I bought this game a long time ago and did manage to get all the way through it once before. I then uninstalled it and just recently re-installed it and this was the first time I had problems.

Go to: