gondoleers arms

[Post New]by rjrocktenn on Jan 23, 12 5:18 PM
I cannot get the arms right to open the cabenet door can anyone help!!!

lizkgames
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:gondoleers arms

[Post New]by lizkgames on Jan 24, 12 3:30 AM
neither can I.

I just use the "skip" so I can go on.

Guys, can you tell us where we're messing up? Is there a specific place that we have to click to make the arms move?
Picture might help.

kmjva
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by kmjva on Jan 27, 12 3:13 PM
I can't get the arms to set up right either. I am comparing it to the walkthrough and it still doesn't work. I also do not have an option to skip this.

muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

[Post New]by muttmom on Jan 27, 12 4:54 PM
You need to refer to your picture in the journal and then click on the various parts of the arms to make him look the one in the picture. It only takes a few clicks.

lizkgames
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by lizkgames on Jan 30, 12 3:00 PM
muttmom wrote:You need to refer to your picture in the journal and then click on the various parts of the arms to make him look the one in the picture. It only takes a few clicks.

I know what I have to do - but it didn't matter WHERE I clicked on the doll, the arms didn't move!!!!
everything else worked in the game so I can't say it's the program; just that puzzle.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jan 31, 12 3:11 PM
Sorry if you've tried this but by clicking do you mean actually just clicking? The reason I ask is that you have to click and drag. Hope that make sense.

[Post New]by Roseary on Aug 15, 12 12:10 PM
Is there anyway to skip this as ihave moved the arms as i think they should be moved and nothing happens

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 15, 12 12:35 PM
Welcome to the Pond, Roseary! This is a great place to get help with your games.

I checked our House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets Walkthrough, and it does look like you'll be able to skip this puzzle after the button loads. If you click here you'll see a screenshot of how the gondolier's arms should look, and in the bottom right-hand side of the screen there is also a purple Skip Button. (You can also click the other blue text to go to the full walkthrough in case you'd like to check it out.)

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Roseary on Aug 18, 12 9:47 AM
Thanks for the reply, but i've been on the walkthrough, put the arms exactly ( or so i think)as the picture, but no go. I've also waited for the hint button to change to skip for 10 mins and it doesn't. Any other way to get past this ?

[Post New]by Bluemoon1999 on Jan 19, 13 7:29 AM
I also have a problem with the gondoleer arms. I have spent at least 30 minutes trying to make it look like the walk-through picture [actually have the pictures side-by-side] . I had 2 friends try and we have not been successful. There is no SKIP option so I am stuck and cannot finish the game. Very annoying. Is it possible that the SKIP button is in the CE and not the regular game?

Edited on 01/19/2013 at 7:30:42 AM PST

[Post New]by nursej9462 on Apr 3, 13 6:13 PM
I finally figured this out after being stuck for 2 days! I had skipped ahead a little and missed a task. You need to collect the iris flower from the window with the gondolier, use your knife,then FINISH the still life painting and give it to the little girl. You will then get a drawing of the gondolier in your journal. Return to the attic area and try again to adjust the arms. It should be rather easy, but if you have trouble, the 'SKIP' option is now visible. It was not there for me until AFTER I had the drawing in my journal. Hope this helps!

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Apr 5, 13 2:28 AM
Also, when I had the right picture and was having trouble making the arms move, I moved the oar. That seemed to free up the arms so I could move them around easier. "Move" = click and drag, btw.

Go to: