raysr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

picture and screwdriver

[Post New]by raysr on Jan 23, 12 9:03 PM
The screwdriver will not work on the metal plate on the picture over the fireplace.

Re:picture and screwdriver

[Post New]by questionmark on Jan 24, 12 6:50 PM
I'm having the same problem.

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Jan 26, 12 12:07 PM
Me too. BFG, you got your money, now make them fix this.

[Post New]by blu_stocking on Feb 4, 12 8:31 PM
Me three. Or four, I guess.

ilithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by ilithia on Feb 5, 12 3:24 AM
me too!

toejam216
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by toejam216 on Feb 5, 12 6:25 AM
Add me to the list too!

[Post New]by faithmarie55 on Feb 5, 12 6:22 PM
me too!

pamalee444
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by pamalee444 on Feb 7, 12 8:05 AM
Click on the gold plate to zoom then use your screwdriver. Hope this helps. Happy Gaming!!

Edited on 02/07/2012 at 8:19:32 AM PST

[Post New]by blooo1 on Feb 7, 12 8:56 PM
Zoom doesn't work either. So frustrated am going to delete the game

[Post New]by brandyysnapp on Feb 9, 12 1:31 PM
Add me to the list.
The screwdriver just won't work and clicking, no matter how many times, on the nameplate does NOT make it zoom.
Can't continue game = won't buy game.

[Post New]by crowmarie on Feb 9, 12 1:36 PM
I was stuck and frustrated too, spent WAY too much time figuring it out. You have to zoom in, making sure the nameplate is big, like the main part of the screen. THEN click on the screwdriver to use it.

I couldn't get it to work for the life o' me so I left the area, looked around if I missed anything, quit the game, then came back and it worked. I don't know what changed or what I did differently. Big confusing flaw, right there. I finally got it, then immediately after, the demo timed out. Sigh. Is the CE version worth it, I wonder?

Edited on 02/09/2012 at 1:39:31 PM PST

[Post New]by hallieg on Feb 16, 12 3:26 PM
I was having this problem too. But then it dawned on me that I had never actually clicked on the leaf impression on the door, just looked at it. After clicking on it, it caused the portrait over the fireplace to start sparkling. Clicking on it immediately pulled up the name plaque instead of the moving portrait and figurines.

hnblab
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by hnblab on Feb 20, 12 7:24 PM
Same here...I hate to have to stop in the middle of a game, especially a CE game with a Strategy Guide, in order to figure out what I am doing wrong. So frustrating! UGH! I guess I will try to zoom or click on the leaf. Otherwise, I am screwed out of my money.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Mar 6, 12 6:53 AM
The secret is with the leaf on the door and the picture above the fireplace...

[Post New]by Tex_maam on Jun 16, 12 4:09 PM
I also had this problem. After touching the leaf imprint went back to the picture and pressed directly on the sparkly area. All that should come up is the name plate. If you are looking at the statues and the full picture, back out and try again.

[Post New]by curleyreds3 on Mar 16, 13 8:29 AM
I tried everything posted so far. Nothing works.

WHEN DOES BIG FISH STEP IN AND HELP???????[u]

Totally Frustrated. I like the game but am NOT buying it.

Those of you who paid for the game, I would ask for a refund. At the least, they should inform you how to zoom into the metal plate, because none of the suggestions above work, and BigFish should post the answer here!!!

Edited on 03/16/2013 at 8:31:10 AM PST

[Post New]by littlegem24 on Feb 28, 14 10:35 AM
hallieg wrote:I was having this problem too. But then it dawned on me that I had never actually clicked on the leaf impression on the door, just looked at it. After clicking on it, it caused the portrait over the fireplace to start sparkling. Clicking on it immediately pulled up the name plaque instead of the moving portrait and figurines.

!

Edited on 02/28/2014 at 10:37:20 AM PST

[Post New]by roguetamlin on Apr 13, 14 2:33 PM
I've gone around and pushed everything that looks like a leaf. Are you talking about the door in the upper hall with the puzzle? What am I missing!?!?!

Go to: