krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Real Pictures of Dead Children :s

[Post New]by krinneyd on Jan 23, 12 11:02 PM
Was really horrified by the real photo's of dead children.....that was totally off the radar expected. Not so sure that was done in good taste. I realize that shock factor is involved and it is pretty shocking all around....but the children pics....not so much shocking as disturbing - really disturbing actually.

Re:Real Pictures of Dead Children :s

[Post New]by daffymommy on Jan 24, 12 6:31 PM
I totally agree with you. I think most people might think that the children are just sleeping, but they are in reality not, as the eyes are not round/plump as they would have been if they were still living and are rather flat or sunken in. The Victorians had quite a few macabre things that they would do to remember/honor a dead loved one (ie... a lock of hair made into a piece of jewelry, taking the final picture of the deceased posed as they would have been in life, etc.). I found it disturbing in this game because i have children of my own (my son, who I almost lost at birth, is now about the age of the boy picture), and it's horrific to think of what it must have been like to be a mother in that era losing their child.

I see the reasoning behind it for the game, and I see the shock value as well, but because everything else in the game is not true to life pictures of real dead people, it's easier to pretend and be separated from the reality of death. In short, I'm a huge Big Fish Game lover and a long time customer. I have never been disappointed with the value of the games I buy, but I really don't want to see real life pictures of dead kids, or adults for that matter, in a game that I'm supposed to be having fun with.

Fargosis
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis on Mar 28, 12 6:30 PM
wait what? I don't remember seeing any dead children in the game, if this is why people say its offensive then yes i can say that this is reasonable
where are the dead children? Are we talking about the drowning kid?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 29, 12 2:28 AM
There were real pictures of dead children on the pinboard in the guardhouse outside the asylum, I think.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Apr 13, 12 6:29 PM
If they were real pictures that's off the charts.... I don't believe it.

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Apr 15, 12 12:16 AM
Snaffled wrote:If they were real pictures that's off the charts.... I don't believe it.

Well in 13th skull they DROWNED a little girl......no one complained then, in fact people didn't think it was graphic enough I don't care either way I'm just waiting till next fall for what I assume to be dire grove 2

education69
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by education69 on May 1, 12 6:11 AM
daffymommy wrote:I totally agree with you. I think most people might think that the children are just sleeping, but they are in reality not, as the eyes are not round/plump as they would have been if they were still living and are rather flat or sunken in. The Victorians had quite a few macabre things that they would do to remember/honor a dead loved one (ie... a lock of hair made into a piece of jewelry, taking the final picture of the deceased posed as they would have been in life, etc.).

Actually, the Victorian tradition of keeping things from their dead relatives around was not just to remind them of the person who had gone before them. it was also to remind them that eventualy they too would die. Memento Mori.

Edited on 05/01/2012 at 6:16:36 AM PST

[Post New]by ltldawny30 on May 4, 12 4:40 PM
There are people actually bothered by pictures of children whom have passed away? It's life and this is just a game. But pictures of adults that have passed away is OK? I don't get it. Death is a normal part of life. To get upset at a game? I just think it's kind of weird. So don't play the game. It warns you ebfore you play the game that there are scary scenes. Don't play. I see dead children/people all the time. It's just a game.

[Post New]by ltldawny30 on May 4, 12 4:40 PM
There are people actually bothered by pictures of children whom have passed away? It's life and this is just a game. But pictures of adults that have passed away is OK? I don't get it. Death is a normal part of life. To get upset at a game? I just think it's kind of weird. So don't play the game. It warns you ebfore you play the game that there are scary scenes. Don't play. I see dead children/people all the time. It's just a game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 14, 12 11:20 PM
Fargosis16 wrote:
Snaffled wrote:If they were real pictures that's off the charts.... I don't believe it.

Well in 13th skull they DROWNED a little girl......no one complained then, in fact people didn't think it was graphic enough I don't care either way I'm just waiting till next fall for what I assume to be dire grove 2

Actually, ALOT of people complained about drowning the little girl in that game. It was quite the controversy.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on May 15, 12 12:32 AM
There are people actually bothered by pictures of children whom have passed away? It's life and this is just a game. But pictures of adults that have passed away is OK? I don't get it. Death is a normal part of life. To get upset at a game? I just think it's kind of weird. So don't play the game. It warns you ebfore you play the game that there are scary scenes. Don't play. I see dead children/people all the time. It's just a game

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 16, 12 2:36 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback and ongoing comments. It looks like we have a few of these comments thread ongoing and to keep things tidy, I'll be locking this thread.

Please feel free to re-post your comment and join in on the discussion in the general thread created by bfgFlounder over here, or create a "Comments for Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ thread as it doesn't look one has been created yet..

If you'd like to share a review on this game, you can do so by popping over to this thread here.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Go to: