bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Reviews for Mahjong Legacy of the Toltecs

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 24, 12 12:15 AM
Hi Fishies!

We’d love to hear what you think of Mahjong Legacy of the Toltecs; your reviews are very important to us and to other Fishies. And now you’re more than welcomed to post your thoughts about this game right from the Mahjong Legacy of the Toltecs page over Here!

For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

You can also specify if you played the game from the trial version or the full version and on which level you ended your game play, so that other players can get more out of this discussion !

If you are experiencing technical issues with this game, remember to check out the support thread for this game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!
bfgKenai

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mahjong Legacy of the Toltecs

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Jan 24, 12 4:00 AM
So far, it's pretty fun . . . There are classic arrays, & an adventure mode, where the layouts become more difficult . . . The music is nice, & the graphics are lovely . . .

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jan 24, 12 4:17 AM
This is a nice relaxing game to play. It starts out very easy with increasing difficulty. I used to play Mahjong regularly but now tend to get bored without some added challenge.

Great game if you only want to play Mahjong. Just not for me.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Jan 24, 12 6:38 AM
Normally I enjoy Mahjong and still play on a regular basis but this is not "my cup of tea".

Some of the characters were difficult to differentiate. There is nothing compelling here.
It progresses in difficulty. but there is no "achievement" excepting winning a gold or silver cup.

It is a "no buy- not even finish demo" for me

Edited on 01/24/2012 at 6:40:03 AM PST

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Jan 24, 12 7:29 AM
I love Mahjong games but I felt that there was something missing; a certain 'zing' which requires a little more brainpower. Good for newcomers but unfortunately not for me.

ptom
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ptom on Jan 24, 12 11:05 AM
Hey, did everyone quit at big fish? this game is not worth the money. very disappointed, i think i should get my money back on this one!!! there is nothing to it it
was over before it started! have to be careful next game before i buy!

Ptom

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Jan 24, 12 12:10 PM
I found that by turning off the different colours for levels the visuals were better. The music is horrid. I think some South American flute music would be better. That said, the backgrounds are horrid outside of the first one you get and that what I stayed with. There isn't much variation in this game which gets boring fast.

think that some magic button should be enabled to finish up the game once you've cleared all the tiles. going through them manually is dull. I didn't mind the Mayan theme, but the colours, well something has to be done there as well. It seemed to me that everything in the game was "tepid", just pleasant.

Overall it's a nice Mahjong game but nothing thrilling. I do think beginners to the Mahjong experience would have an easy go with this game, which is another problem, I think levels should be added as well.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jan 24, 12 12:25 PM
In adventure mode, I cannot get past the first game. There is always one tile on top of the matching tile and no way to get enough points to get a shuffle. When you get this frustrated after playing the first hour and never getting anywhere, it is time to delete the game and move on.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jan 24, 12 1:41 PM
ptom wrote:Hey, did everyone quit at big fish? this game is not worth the money. very disappointed, i think i should get my money back on this one!!!

Ptom

With the exception of the "Mystery Case Files" series, Big Fish Games is a publisher for other game developers. They do not control what other developers design. The games produced are a product of the current popular trends. This is why there are so many supernatural Hidden Object games.

Edited on 01/24/2012 at 3:15:13 PM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jan 24, 12 6:47 PM
ptom wrote:Hey, did everyone quit at big fish? this game is not worth the money. very disappointed, i think i should get my money back on this one!!! there is nothing to it it
was over before it started! have to be careful next game before i buy!

Ptom

That's why BF allows you do demo the game before you buy it.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 25, 12 1:50 AM
Hi everyone,

Just swimming by with a gentle reminder to reserve this thread for reviews only. This will make browsing for reviews easier for other fishies in the pond.

The moderation team will go ahead and remove off-topic posts after this reminder.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on Feb 20, 12 5:51 AM
Definitely, a real boring and dull game. I regret having bought it.

Go to: