[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jan 25, 12 12:03 AM
Any comments fishes?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Todays DD January 25 2012

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 25, 12 12:14 AM

My expectations were way too high when I bought this as a new game but, it would be just fine as a DD.

Mostly junkpile hidden object scenes with limited decoration theme choices.

The devs missed the opportunity to really have a nice little franchise here - instead, this has a hurried cast-off look.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jan 25, 12 12:47 AM
My expectations weren't that high based on the reviews I'd read... "boring" and "short" are two words I hate reading in reviews but I always need to try as not everyone enjoys the same thing. Can't comment on the "short" but boy is it boring! I'm certainly having trouble filling my 4th punch card before the end of this week.

Alpaca210
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Alpaca210 on Jan 25, 12 1:02 AM
YAY been waiting for this one

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 25, 12 1:36 AM
This is pretty much a straight hog. I used to like straight hogs, but I'm not into them as much as I use to be. I like more challenging games. But, if you like these types of games, this one is for you. I found the objects to be so small and hard to find. You really have to work at it. But, I broke down and tried the game again today...and I decided to buy it. For 2.99...I can't pass up on a game. I like it better than when I tried it last night. But I wouldn't say buy it with out trying it first. Enjoy!

Edited on 01/25/2012 at 2:21:55 PM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 25, 12 3:39 AM
Couldn't get into this one at all----too dainty and objects too dificult.
But, as always, try it and see for yourself.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jan 25, 12 6:37 AM
I remembered demoing this game (always a good sign if I can remember it, LOL!), but as I own home design / renovation software, I felt it wasn't worth my time. Now, however, the d / r program resides on the desktop upstairs and I play games on my netbook, which lacks the capacity for the full-blown program. This isn't the greatest game by any means, but for $2.99 it will satisfy my decorating hunger at least for a while. Some have mentioned that the decor choices are not the best: true, but I found that in the condo reno, which is all I did before coming here to buy, the overall look was okay when everything was done. Installing new furniture improved things quite a bit.

Also, being from Boston, I love seeing the skyline - brings a smile to my face...and I fill my punch card for the month! Win / win

ETA: I just finished the game, and the choices definitely get better as you go along. I'd say between 3 and 4 hours, though I didn't time it closely. Not bad for DD price. Yes, the H0s are dated looking with some itty-bitty objects, but the renos are fun. Definitely worth a try IMHO!

Edited on 01/25/2012 at 10:56:23 AM PST

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jan 25, 12 11:23 AM
I had 30 minutes left on the trial. I didn't remember this game, but can see why I didn't buy it. The concept is great, but the developers didn't carry it far enough. The choices in the furnishing are just horrible. It is a pretty boring game.

jynxy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jynxy on Jan 25, 12 11:47 AM
well I tried it and I bought it....might be an old school type of game but I found it quite therapeutic and relaxing and a nice change from the creepy stuff I usually play. I enjoyed the renovating too.

jynxy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jynxy on Jan 25, 12 11:49 AM
well I tried it and I bought it....might be an old school type of game but I found it quite therapeutic and relaxing and a nice change from the creepy stuff I usually play. I enjoyed the renovating too.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 25, 12 1:48 PM
I bought it, too....but the game is seriously short!!!! Oh well, only $ 3 wasted...

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jan 25, 12 8:32 PM
A cute little game...straight HOG, but I feel sorry for those without a large monitor as a lot of the objects were quite small. The music was tolerable, but the voice-overs were excruciating to listen to...thank goodness for the skip button. The scene changes were much too slow. I love renovation games, but have been disappointed in most, this one is no different, because of the limited choices. On the pro side, you did get to do a fair bit of decorating from the get go and are not made to suffer through level after level then being disappointed because you did not accomplish enough or make enough money to buy items. Not having to earn money made this game far more pleasurable, and relaxing as opposed to being frustrated as in other games of this genre. I think it is worth the DD price for those who like these kind of games, though I think I will pass on it myself. It just didn't hold my interested enough.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 26, 12 9:17 AM
Enjoyed that the decorating was of different type properties.
Played it as my goal being to please the client, not my
own taste, i.e. stark modern in the condo, homey, cosy
for grandma, ultra extravagant for the estate, etc.

The dev's site does list a sequel coming "soon", and
I did sign up for e-mails regarding this. Their newest
game listed is for Facebook only, so do hope this
sequel will be for download.

Wish the game had been longer, but it was definitely
$2.99 well spent for me.

Go to: