bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version available for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse CE! Jan. 25, 2012

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Jan 25, 12 7:33 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming by to let you know that we've released a new PC version of Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse Collector! This version fixes the following:

-issues after taking the paper before feeding the cat, so you'll now be able to take the chalk from the cat
-issues encountered at the front gate
-the game is now correctly labeled in the title bar

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If your game is still giving you problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!
bfgKenai

Edited on 02/21/2012 at 11:43:23 AM PST

lelabelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse CE! Jan. 25, 2012

[Post New]by lelabelle on Jan 25, 12 4:30 PM
Does re-installing correct the problem with the cat?

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse CE! Jan. 25, 2012

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Jan 25, 12 9:20 PM
lelabelle, no it does not appear to. I've tried to the update and uninstalling and re-installing a couple of times and it seems if you already had the problem feeding the cat and getting the chalk then the fix doesn't correct that issue. BFG says to start a new profile. I really like this game but the cat glitch is 3/4 of the way through the regular game so I'll wait a couple of weeks to restart so I'm not playing most of it twice in a row.

However, this is a fabulous game with great graphics, a good storyline, fun puzzles and hidden object scenes and is well worth the wait!

momsford
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by momsford on Jan 26, 12 1:00 AM
THE PROBLEM WITH THE CAT IS NOT FIXED. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the update and I still can't take the chalk from the cat's neck. Big disappointment. I do not want to start from the beginning. I'm very upset about spending the money for this game and then can't finish it.

[Post New]by midnighthollow on Jan 26, 12 5:12 AM
I did the uninstall/reinstall and cannot take the chalk from the cat , and am not thrilled with having to start the game over either. I am not happy with spending fourteen dollars on a game and have to start over.

[Post New]by davidbowers on Jan 27, 12 1:51 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled and still cannot get the chalk. I guess I will try to start
over with a differant profile and see if that works. It is exasperating though cause it
is soooooo,,,,, far into the game. David B.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 27, 12 2:28 PM
Hi everyone,

It sounds like if you are still stuck at the cat and unable to retrieve the chalk, that you will have to start over with a new player profile.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns with the game, please get in touch with our Customer Support team so that our reps can best help you. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by connor1230 on Jan 31, 12 1:08 PM
UGH! I really liked this game! But I do not want to start over! I can't believe I spent $14.00 on this game and can't even finish it!!!

[Post New]by Fletcher44 on Feb 6, 12 11:18 AM
I just downloaded the trial version (02-06-2012) and I can't go forward through the front gate at the very beginning. The girl is motioning for me to come in, but I can't.

[Post New]by salpot on Feb 11, 12 8:16 AM
Re post below - has anyone actually done this? Has anyone created a new profile and got to the same part of the game and been successful in retrieving the chalk? If its worked before then I'll do it but to start over when I'm so far through takes the enjoyment out of the game a bit. So if anyone's done this and its worked please post thanks

bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi everyone,

It sounds like if you are still stuck at the cat and unable to retrieve the chalk, that you will have to start over with a new player profile.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions or concerns with the game, please get in touch with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Customer Support</a> team so that our reps can best help you. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Tu22
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Tu22 on Feb 13, 12 9:20 AM
Having to start a "new player profile" to even just try out this glitchy game is VERY poor business practices!!! I expected MUCH better (and an easier, quicker fix) from Big Fish Games (perhaps, a small downloadable patch to just get past the motioning girl at the front gate). Why so lazy Big Fish? Shame on you!

[Post New]by violet_66 on Feb 16, 12 9:30 PM
I have uninstalled and re installed the game but I can't go forward through the front gate. This is so frustrating

[Post New]by rosemary9468 on Feb 19, 12 12:28 AM
I have always found BFG really good with game problems giving a free game coupon. Of course it is frustrating when there are glitches. Given the complexity of the games, it is remarkable that they mostly are trouble free,. That is not my experience with other companies who are much more expensive.

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse CE! Jan. 25, 2012

[Post New]by helpme1234 on Feb 24, 12 8:57 PM
can't go any further because bird hand won't allow me to go any further

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse CE! Jan. 25, 2012

[Post New]by Sunnysdad on Feb 29, 12 9:37 AM
Has anyone gotten past the Chest of drawers?

I have placed the claw foot into the slot but can not get the drawers to open.

flgrouper
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by flgrouper on Mar 24, 12 11:34 AM
In one of the HO scenes, I had to break a bottle with a hammer to get one of three stars in the scene. I broke the bottle but it won't let me take the star that is in it. I've got the other two. I just bought this game, so I'll try uninstalling and re-installing. If that doesn't work I will request a free CE to replace it.

[Post New]by hercegno on May 6, 12 9:45 AM
Uninstalled, reinstalled, new profile. The cat still won't give me what it has. The food is front of it, but still won't lay down. Top of that, when I played with other profile, I didn't get the saline solution. No matter how many times I going back to pick up, that is not there in the window. The first time I played, I got it.

[Post New]by kstrassl on Aug 1, 12 1:11 PM
I've run into the same issue with the game causing my computer to crash several times and now that it is working again, all of my inventory is blank. What should I do here?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 1, 12 2:18 PM
Hi kstrassl,

If your game keeps crashing but now it isn't working, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should.

If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that. However, if you try that and it's still giving you trouble then I would definitely get in contact with our customer support team and one of our reps would be happy to look into this with you.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

bfgCimarron

Go to: