lever doesn't work

[Post New]by puzzlepatti on Jan 25, 12 3:31 PM
Hi...in chapter 2, The Handkerchief, I oiled mechanism in basement and put in lever it seems the lever doesn't work. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

[Post New]by JeanCat on Jan 29, 12 8:11 PM
The machine in the basement don't work after placing the laval and oil help

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 4:07:00 PM PST

Re:lever doesn't work

[Post New]by lindsmatt on Jan 30, 12 12:36 PM
Same thing happened to me. Did you figure it out yet?

PJ424
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by PJ424 on Jan 31, 12 11:47 AM
I'm stuck here too. Please help!

[Post New]by mawmaw2006 on Feb 20, 12 8:46 AM
hey am here too and it is 2/20/2012.Has it taken nearly a month to get help?

[Post New]by jerseychic909 on Mar 1, 12 10:07 AM
I am stuck at the lever also and I oiled it.

[Post New]by MYSTERY_LOVER on Mar 3, 12 8:20 AM
I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK EITHER HAS ANYONE FIGURED IT OUT YET

[Post New]by hunny_bunny252 on Mar 4, 12 6:13 AM
stuck in the same place and only have screwdriver and broken bottle in inventory any clues

[Post New]by cakesgm on Mar 4, 12 12:05 PM
Stuck in the same place too! Have broken bottle and screwdriver. Don't think its working properly.

[Post New]by Shweed on Mar 8, 12 12:45 PM
had both, lever and oil can, went back both are gone and like you guys stuck!

[Post New]by binxer on Mar 12, 12 6:21 PM
I just reached the same point with the same results. Is there any help????
I used the lever and the oil can, and the machine looks great, it just won't move. I'm stuck and can't go on until I get some help to figure this out.

[Post New]by simonthedog on Mar 15, 12 2:03 PM
Same problem > Will try the walkthrough...

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 15, 12 4:28 PM
Hi fishies,

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to check our walkthrough, just to make sure that you haven't accidentally missed any steps along the way.

If you've already done this and are still having troubles at the lever, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. Creating a new player profile is another option, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If none of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by simonthedog on Mar 20, 12 1:25 PM
I contacted technical support, made all the downloads and changes, and nothing worked. It is clearly a glitch with the game. :-( Time for a refund...bummer

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Mar 27, 12 8:54 PM
Is your problem resolved? I just got past that point and got the hankerchief with no problem. I had missed the swing arm removal as the lever. As soon as I put it in that motor puzzle it started (after the oiling).

leslie5270
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by leslie5270 on Apr 16, 12 10:22 AM
oscar66 wrote:Is your problem resolved? I just got past that point and got the hankerchief with no problem. I had missed the swing arm removal as the lever. As soon as I put it in that motor puzzle it started (after the oiling).

No, the problem isn't resolved. This is the second game in a row that had technical difficulties. My problem is the same as the others here. The answer from the
Moderator is the same answer given for every problem in every game I've played and I expect it works often,but it's not working this time. Has anyone gotten help from tech support that worked?

leslie5270
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by leslie5270 on Apr 16, 12 9:36 PM
You have to do the things in order and all at once. You can't, for example, put the lever in and then go get the oil can and come back. Don't forget that there is an instruction sheet right there on the floor that you have to look at first. Your cursor will turn into a hand when the lever is ready to be pulled. The walkthrough is not helpful in this particular case.

Go to: