bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 26, 12 12:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

Re:Post any Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by je_peche on Jan 26, 12 1:20 AM
Hey guys:

How do I change the settings so that this game DOES NOT play in full or widescreen? It hurts my eyes and I actually prefer to have the black bars on either side. I tried changing in the options menu and it won't change. do I need to change my computer settings?

Thanks -
Pam

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Post any Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jan 26, 12 1:37 AM
This worked for me. I went into options and made sure that both the full screen and wide screen buttons were clicked on (pink marbles showing). I then clicked the full screen button off and the game went into the windowed mode.

Edited on 01/26/2012 at 1:41:40 AM PST

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Jan 26, 12 1:48 AM
Unfortunately, theres rough edges on the gfx when running in Full Screen and/or in Widescreen. Can this be helped?

Regards,
Rasmus [removed by moderator]

Edited on 01/26/2012 at 1:48:40 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 26, 12 2:48 AM
je_peche wrote:Hey guys:

How do I change the settings so that this game DOES NOT play in full or widescreen? It hurts my eyes and I actually prefer to have the black bars on either side. I tried changing in the options menu and it won't change. do I need to change my computer settings?

Thanks -
Pam

In the "Options" section you can click or declick the "Widescreen" and the "Full Screen" options. Try it and see what you get.

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Jan 26, 12 6:08 AM
I keep receiving a message stating that my screen resolution cannot support windowed mode and that it automatically disabled it. The message pops up every time I go to the menu page.

Only it's not windowed, or at least I didn't do put it in that mode. So now everything is very grainy and pixelated because for some reason it's zoomed in and there is no option to change it. The game must mean full screen and wide screen. But I clicked and re-clicked wide screen multiple times and it's definitely still in full screen. (even though it stated it 'automatically disabled' it) The full screen option is in fact disabled and I couldn't even choose it if I wanted. So now it must be stuck in that mode.

My screen resolution is 1366 x 768 so I shouldn't be having this problem.

*edited- Changing the resolution fixes the graphics issue. But that doesn't stop the window mode message from popping up.

Edited on 01/26/2012 at 7:36:53 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 26, 12 6:14 AM
That's why you're having the problem. That resolution on a widescreen netbook doesn't match any of the standards, being neither 4:3 nor 16:9 nor 16:10.

Do you have any other screen resolutions?

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Jan 26, 12 6:20 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
That's why you're having the problem. That resolution on a widescreen netbook doesn't match any of the standards, being neither 4:3 nor 16:9 nor 16:10.

Do you have any other screen resolutions?

It's the highest and recommended resolution on my HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. It's never been an issue before.

I have lower settings, what would be the 'standard' for this title?

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Jan 26, 12 6:47 AM
jenkast wrote:

It's the highest and recommended resolution on my HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. It's never been an issue before.

I have lower settings, what would be the 'standard' for this title?

Try 1024 x 768. This resolution works on laptops, either to force full wide screen or to allow windowed mode.

Mr. Russ - we're in sync I was editing my post while yours was posted.

Edited on 01/26/2012 at 6:57:24 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 26, 12 6:52 AM
1024x768 is the standard 4:3 aspect ratio. If widescreen fails, try that.
True HD widescreen - 1920x1080 - won't run on netbooks either as 1366x768 is not 16:9.
Fullscreen is different and stretches the display to fit the screen, whatever the screen's resolution.

Edited on 01/26/2012 at 6:55:33 AM PST

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Jan 26, 12 6:59 AM
Thank you jenny1983 and Mr_Russ for the help!

It didn't fix screen lock or window mode message, but it plays smoothly now.

Soobiedoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Soobiedoo on Jan 26, 12 7:54 AM
This game demo will not download for me. I get the usual question screens, i.e., save or run, but then it sort of blinks and does nothing, nada, zip. Any suggestions as to what's going on, BFG? And yes, I am signed in to my account.

ajenique
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ajenique on Jan 26, 12 7:56 AM
While my game is downloading it stops and says Error Code 3. And won't continue. I can't find that error number on the website. Can anyone tell me what it means? Thanks.

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Jan 26, 12 8:46 AM
After 10 minutes, the cursor becomes hard to control. this is the 2nd game demo from Big Fish that has done this.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Jan 26, 12 10:45 AM
anyone else havea problem with the first hiddenobject scene at the booth...two items a skull and a moth were not actually there at all..no its not cause I wasn't seeing them I spent about five minutes looking..used the hint buttons which went to an area where there was nothing.. I click all around that area nothing.. I looked in the strategy guide even ..yep those items are supposed be in those areas.. I look again ..I tilt the screen this way and that to see if I can see them nothing...

any suggestions for what I can do....I never have to use hints or strategy guide for HOG scenes.. and always finish them very quickly...

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jan 26, 12 11:02 AM
I bought the game and now I'm playing the bonus chapter...but I can't move the Roman numeral ten next to the Roman numeral one. I have tried. When the cursor hovers over the ten, it (the cursor) turns into a gloved hand. But it doesn't pic up the ten, and if I move in any direction, the cursor changes back into a golden arrow again. And this is part of an HOS game, so I can't skip! HELP!

Ah, figured out how to do it. You have to hold down the right mouse button and pull the Roman numeral upward without stopping or hesitating; if you hesitate even a little, you'll have to start over.

Man, that was tricky.

Edited on 01/26/2012 at 1:13:16 PM PST

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Jan 26, 12 11:35 AM
update to my earlier post...usually a game is automactically fullscreen unless changed to wide screen. My problem was before playing I didn't adjust the screen to full and it wasn't showing the whole play area.

so if you are having a simaliar problem that is what you need to to do.

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Jan 26, 12 12:35 PM
Well, this is a new one for me: the game came up in 'window' mode and I couldn't control the cursor enough to get to the menu or options.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 26, 12 1:56 PM
Soobiedoo wrote:This game demo will not download for me. I get the usual question screens, i.e., save or run, but then it sort of blinks and does nothing, nada, zip. Any suggestions as to what's going on, BFG? And yes, I am signed in to my account.

ajenique wrote:While my game is downloading it stops and says Error Code 3. And won't continue. I can't find that error number on the website. Can anyone tell me what it means? Thanks.

Hi Soobiedoo and ajenique,

If you haven't already, please give the steps in this help article a try:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you're still unable to download this game after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you. (Sending a Dr. Felix report in with your Support request would be very helpful. )

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 01/26/2012 at 1:57:01 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 26, 12 1:59 PM
Hi fishies,

For those having troubles displaying this game properly, you may want to try adjusting your screen resolution settings. Here's the link to our help article:

Screen Resolution

If that doesn't improve things, please check to make sure that your video card driver and other graphics software are all up to date. Here's the link to another help article with more information on how to find these updates:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For further assistance, please contact Tech Support by clicking on this link, or the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 01/26/2012 at 2:00:44 PM PST

Go to: