bfgRhone
4,302 Posts

UPDATE! New Version of Otherworld: Spring of Shadows CE Available today! Jan 27th, 2012

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 27, 12 2:32 AM
Hi fishies,

Great news! We now have a new version of Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition for PC and Mac that fixes the following:

• The hotspots for the amber-colored tear drop and the two sheets at the stained glass cutting table have now been made larger.
• The blockade with the poker and the lantern has been fixed.
• Users can no longer finish the bonus content without sending the letter off, causing a glitch.
• Some minor glitches in the built-in strategy guide have been fixed.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If your game is still giving you problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

ETA: This update is now available for PC and Mac.

Edited on 02/01/2012 at 2:04:42 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,270 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New Version of Otherworld: Spring of Shadows CE Available today! Jan 27th, 2012

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 27, 12 7:14 AM
Well, that is great news for those who had problems with the game, and a big Thank You to Boomzap for reacting so quickly.

I played and finished the game a few days ago, and didn't have any problems with it whatsoever.

diamondgirlva
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New Version of Otherworld: Spring of Shadows CE Available today! Jan 27th, 2012

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 27, 12 9:20 AM
THANK YOU! It has worked for me so far and I can click on the Orange Gem! Can't wait to play what looks to be a wonderful game finally!

[Post New]by Breaker53 on Jan 27, 12 11:23 AM
Hi There

I bought the game and tried it out. Just get a WHITE SCREEN!!!!

I reinstalled with the new update ,,,,same THING!

How about getting this to play then updating it!!!

I spent good money and would really ilke to play it!!
Seems like i am not the only one either.

Running windows 7

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,638 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jan 27, 12 11:56 AM
I bought and have been playing this with no probems. Still updating to this version since I like to have the newest versions if I know about them.

Really enjoyable game thus far.

[Post New]by ydnew516 on Jan 27, 12 6:00 PM
able to play game after fix, got gem, made it to 2nd floor tile puzzle, but cannot get tile in box, same problem as with gem.this is becoming tedious with all these bugs!!!!!

gerrien
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gerrien on Jan 27, 12 10:22 PM
I am on the part where I am cutting the stained glass. It's not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled like you said but I still can't do it. If I'm reinstalling the version I bought arn't I puttting in the same game without the update?

diamondgirlva
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 28, 12 12:54 AM
Yes I now can not get the tile in the box either. IT is very frustrating to have all these unclickable items so I am throwing in the towel and have asked for a refund of my credits. VERY Disappointed in this game's issues. Never had a problem with my other games like this one.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jan 28, 12 8:09 AM
Thanks Boomzap for this super-fast patch,
although...
I've played game through 2 x already--no problems at all!

[Win7U, i-7 920-64 bit cpu, bfg 280 gpu, 12 gigs ram, 24" WS, Razer mouse]

Fantastic game, truly worthy to be a CE.

More like this, please!

[Post New]by peachywink on Jan 28, 12 1:58 PM
Breaker53 wrote:Hi There

I bought the game and tried it out. Just get a WHITE SCREEN!!!!

I reinstalled with the new update ,,,,same THING!

How about getting this to play then updating it!!!

I spent good money and would really ilke to play it!!
Seems like i am not the only one either.

Running windows 7

I'm haveing the same problem I thought it might be because my screen is 1600 X 900, but after adjusting my screen and redownloading a couple of times I also only get a white screen. I'm trying to play the trial version because the game really looks like one I would buy.

[Post New]by tinkerwish on Jan 28, 12 2:19 PM
how about for Mac user? I'm stuck with the poker thingy

[Post New]by tinkerwish on Jan 28, 12 2:20 PM
how about for Mac user? I'm stuck with the poker thingy

[Post New]by clg424 on Feb 1, 12 4:31 AM
I have tried the updated version but still cant put the jewels in the locket? am I missing something,please help. Thanks,.

bfgHondo
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 1, 12 2:12 PM
tinkerwish wrote:how about for Mac user? I'm stuck with the poker thingy

Hi tinkerwish,

We've released a new build for Mac users too!

If after uninstalling and reinstalling your game, you (or anyone else) is still experiencing any of the issues that this update was to have fixed, please also try re-starting the game with a new player profile to see if that helps.

If you need any further assistance, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/01/2012 at 2:13:04 PM PST

Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 1, 12 2:25 PM
bfgHondo - EVIDENTLY the updated version on Jan. 27th didn't help some of us PC users either!!! Why no "fix" for us?!

[Post New]by clg424 on Feb 1, 12 11:53 PM
Hear Hear! why respond to older posts & skip past ours, this game costs over £10.00 will it be fixed soon biggy x x x

bfgRhone
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 2, 12 12:09 AM
Hi fishies,

As bfgHondo mentioned, if you are still having trouble playing this game and the above fix did not fix your issue, please get in touch with our Tech Support, so our reps can assist you individually.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Feb 2, 12 8:03 AM
Exactly where is this new updated game? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game I downloaded before the 27th of January, and the problem is still there. In the beginning, I had the problem with the amber jewel, so I did the un/reinstall thing and it worked! Hoo..ray!

However, in the second Chapter, where you have to find small, odd shaped wooden pieces with white markings, the last one in the basket behaves EXACTLY like the amber jewel. Major bummer......so I tried again to un/reinstall. Didn't work. Still stuck in that basket and I can't go on.

So..........is this the new updated version? I have not seen one of those 'fixes' notifications in the game manager that I've seen before when games have a problem and a fix was made. How do I get this new version? I've bought the game but cannot go further.

Is my only answer Customer Support?? Or waiting for a new fix??

OKC gem

Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 2, 12 9:25 AM
BFGRhone - unfortunately CS is at a loss to why this is happening with the tile glitch also. I've gone through troubleshooting, uninstalling, reinstalling over and over again since the "new" version came out on the 27th of Jan. Seems to me the game developer needs to do a "3rd" version!!!

Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 3, 12 3:25 AM
ladygem - I understand your frustration all too well. Same problem for me. CS tried their best, but no solution. After awhile the troubleshooting gets to be a pain. The developer needs to do another update!!!

Go to: