bfgRhone
4,302 Posts

Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 27, 12 3:03 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by widgetkitty1 on Jan 27, 12 6:39 AM
Having real problems with the **** tile game, I can't click on the last tile - have done as dejae101 suggested and backed out of the game, i've restarted the game and now I have uninstalled it - but still i'm having problems.

uwflossi
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jan 27, 12 6:48 AM
Hello dear fishies, I un- and re-installed the game. But the problem with the poker in the burrow is not solved. I am really disappointed.

[Post New]by widgetkitty1 on Jan 27, 12 8:01 AM
The *** bit just said H.O but I missed out the point, sorry if it looked like I was swearing!

diamondgirlva
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 28, 12 12:50 AM
Well I was thrilled there was a fix to this and it worked well until I got to the 2nd chapter and the box with the tile in the hall and AGAIN this was UNCLICKABLE also a fairy near the bottom of the Dryad trees was unclickable. I give up and am asking for a refund. It is sad because I have always been able to play BF games but not this one.Very Frustrating to say the least.

Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Jan 28, 12 7:26 AM
To all those having same issue: I have done disk cleanup, disk defrag, unloaded and reloaded, played under different name, dumped cookies. I am currently working with CS to try to resolve this problem. IF the game developer doesn't correct this "glitch" with the tiles I will ask for a refund also if all else fails. First a problem with the gem in the butterfly garden, now the tiles. Seems to me this is the developers problem, but then what do I know?! lol Good luck all!!!

Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Jan 28, 12 7:28 AM
I have had no such issues with other H.O. games in the past. That's why I find it hard to believe it's a problem with computer and not the developer.

[Post New]by josh82 on Jan 28, 12 1:29 PM
Same problem here... Patch fixed the gem in Chapter one... but I cannot click on the fairy to the left of the Driad Tree, nor the last tile piece in the box by the rubber ducky. Seems like a fun game... PLEASE FIX THE BUGS!!!

Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Jan 28, 12 2:42 PM
This is making me crazy!!! How can so many of us have "glitches" ??? Please please game developer: HELP!!!

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jan 28, 12 5:09 PM
I've axtually managed to complete the game and also the epilogue. It took me a massive 36 hours and some minutes!!! I bought it because I was really enjoying the trial and it played well, but the bought version was like wading through treacle - the mouse moved really slowly, unlike in the trial, and the changes of scene of any sort took forever - you could see each frame for several seconds as you backed out of or moved into a scene.

I only persevered to the end because I'd bought the CE and didn't want to waste the money. That said, and slowness aside, it DID work. The trouble people are having with tiles reminds me of the trouble I had moving things - it took several tries sometimes (10 or 11 on many occasions). Clicking things and moving things really shouldn't be that difficult.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

I've actually managed to complete the game and also the epilogue. It took me a massive 36 hours and some minutes!!! I bought it because I was really enjoying the trial and it played well, but the bought version was like wading through treacle - the mouse moved really slowly, unlike in the trial, and the changes of scene of any sort took forever - you could see each frame for several seconds as you backed out of or moved into a scene.

I only persevered to the end because I'd bought the CE and didn't want to waste the money. That said, and slowness aside, it DID work. The trouble people are having with tiles reminds me of the trouble I had moving things - it took several tries sometimes (10 or 11 on many occasions). Clicking things and moving things really shouldn't be that difficult.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

I've actually managed to complete the game and also the epilogue. It took me a massive 36 hours and some minutes!!! I bought it because I was really enjoying the trial and it played well, but the bought version was like wading through treacle - the mouse moved really slowly, unlike in the trial, and the changes of scene of any sort took forever - you could see each frame for several seconds as you backed out of or moved into a scene.

sco8462
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sco8462 on Jan 28, 12 5:47 PM
I downloaded the game today. That fixed the teardrop gem I couldn't get in the demo. Now, I can't click the diamond tile. I closed all the way out and restarted. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. That didn't work either. I can't move forward. I need that tile. Is anyone else having that problem? I clicked so many times the Shade popped up. I tried to slowly click every square inch of it. Shade popped up twice more. I clicked the hint hoping that would highlight it. Still can't click it. I'm assuming this is why it takes 30 hours to play. You can't click anything.

sco8462
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sco8462 on Jan 28, 12 5:49 PM
josh82 wrote:Same problem here... Patch fixed the gem in Chapter one... but I cannot click on the fairy to the left of the Driad Tree, nor the last tile piece in the box by the rubber ducky. Seems like a fun game... PLEASE FIX THE BUGS!!!

Not sure about the rest, but you can't click the fairy to the left of the Dryad Tree until you cut the black flowers. At least, that was what I found.

[Post New]by blueclaw1107 on Jan 28, 12 9:11 PM
I have only been playing 7 minutes and my directional arrows are gone and I cannot zoom into the gate to place the star and moon. I switched to the system cursor and it is twitchy and I get a magnifying glass for the dogs, but still unable to zoom into the gate. Anyone else with this problem?

Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Jan 29, 12 5:44 AM
Sco8462 - see my note above - and yes, I am having the same problem!!!

[Post New]by Phoebe_Girl on Jan 29, 12 6:42 AM
I too am am still having problems.. I uninstalled&reinstalled the program after the patch, started a new profile, got as far as/but was not able to click on the fairy near the bottom of the Dryad, went to chapter 2 and am now not able to get the last tile. PLEASE HELP!!

****************************************************************************************************

[Post New]by Satrup on Jan 29, 12 8:11 PM
widgetkitty1 wrote:Having real problems with the tile game, I can't click on the last tile - have done as dejae101 suggested and backed out of the game, i've restarted the game and now I have uninstalled it - but still i'm having problems.

Same problem here, it's driving me nuts, I have reinstalled this

Edited on 02/01/2012 at 3:32:57 PM PST

[Post New]by maggie9072 on Jan 31, 12 7:23 PM
Im having trouble with the diamond tile also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by teebeeo on Feb 1, 12 11:16 AM
I too am having problems getting the last wooden tile in the box with the duck and football. I started a new game then I unistalled the game and re installed it but still can't get the tile

Go to: