Create stained glass window?

[Post New]by minidevilette on Jan 27, 12 3:33 PM
I have spent a squillion hours trying to cut the last (green) piece of glass in the "Sanctuary" chapter to no avail.
Everything was going fine until I got to this bit & was halfway through cutting the piece with the required tool & then viola, not more cutting only annoying taunts telling me how I "wasn't doing it right" or "that didn't work" or "try something else".
I'd previously been stuck on the funnel conundrum (to the point of threatening the shopkeeper with the magic knife ) but got round it after some lateral thinking so I thought, maybe I need to sharpen the glass cutter! Checked the Strategy Guide to see if I'd missed something but, alas, no go.
Even tried using the magic knife thinking that as the piece of glass seemed to have a representation of the shade on it maybe some hocus pocus was required. Apparently not. I am tres sad & frustrated
Is there a trick to this bit? Has anyone else stumbled at this point or is it just a "glitch" unique to me. I've never had trouble with any of the games I got through BF.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,489 Posts

Re:Create stained glass window?

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 28, 12 1:45 AM
This is a glitch. It has supposedly been fixed with a new build. Uninstall and reinstall your game. If that doesn't fix it, you should probably get in touch with Customer Support. Good luck!

embersob
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by embersob on Jan 28, 12 12:49 PM
I can't cut the last piece either, any resolutions yet?

[Post New]by minidevilette on Jan 28, 12 5:34 PM
embersob wrote:I can't cut the last piece either, any resolutions yet?

Well I contacted Customer Service - they were great - & got the glitch story. Uninstalled my version & downloaded the new improved "glitch free" one that was released the other day but when I got to the same spot it did it again only this time I only got to the second piece of glass.
Grrrrr!!!
Got in touch with CS again but as it's the weekend I'm still waiting for a reply.

[Post New]by linkmarkr on Jan 28, 12 9:07 PM
Me too! This is SOOOO frustrating! It's the second one on the green glass. GRRR

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Jan 29, 12 5:28 AM
ok I just got to that point too and can't cut the glass I have been trying for about 2 hours before reading the forum if I uninstall and re-install this is going to mean I have to start all over again right after coming so far?

sreve
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sreve on Jan 29, 12 7:55 AM
I'm having the same problem with the last (I hope) piece! Bet they won't offer a refund if I can't get any further! Has there been a solution yet. I have the fresh update and don't want to re-install and get to the same point with the same result.

sfcali
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by sfcali on Jan 29, 12 9:38 AM
I was having the same trouble. Here's how I got past it:

Instead of trying to outline the cut, I'd just tap (quick click) the edge I was supposed to cut. Sometimes I had to try a few different spots before it worked, but I went through the stack of glass very quickly that way.

I hope that helps you, too.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Jan 29, 12 12:29 PM
Guess more people have that problem, thought I was either loosing it or not doing it right. I can't get past the second one. Guess it's time to get with customer service.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Jan 29, 12 12:34 PM
sfcali, it worked, just touch, click on a point of the outline and it works just fine. Think I need to take a break and get some air....

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

sfcali, it worked, just touch, click on a point of the outline and it works just fine. Think I need to take a break and get some air....

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Jan 29, 12 12:35 PM

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jan 30, 12 2:32 PM
sfcali wrote:I was having the same trouble. Here's how I got past it:

Instead of trying to outline the cut, I'd just tap (quick click) the edge I was supposed to cut. Sometimes I had to try a few different spots before it worked, but I went through the stack of glass very quickly that way.

I hope that helps you, too.

Thank you. I was ready to ask for my money back until I read your solution. It worked for me.

sfcali
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by sfcali on Jan 31, 12 1:00 PM
Hydrogibbon and gryhndlvr - Glad it worked and that I could help out! It's too bad the perfect game has yet to be found... not a one without glitches. So at least it's good when there is a way around the glitch.

Atmum
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Create stained glass window?

[Post New]by Atmum on Feb 8, 12 2:01 AM
minidevilette wrote:
I'd previously been stuck on the funnel conundrum (to the point of threatening the shopkeeper with the magic knife ) but got round it after some lateral thinking .

Hi minidevilette. I am stuck on the funnel thing too. Eventually I resorted to the strategy guide which said to move the box on the counter, but there is no box on the counter. Is this the same problem that you had? If so how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Edited on 02/09/2012 at 12:56:24 PM PST

[Post New]by zconnib on Feb 14, 12 9:09 AM
I am having the same problem. I can't go any further without this completed.

basiakosia
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by basiakosia on Feb 14, 12 6:25 PM
sfcali, thanks so much for the tip; it worked.

For those stuck on the funnels, I had a problem placing them until I just clicked them onto each flag. Might have just been coincidence but it worked.

Edited on 02/14/2012 at 6:25:51 PM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Feb 16, 12 10:42 AM
Thanks for the advice on the cutting of the stained glass window.... Ugh!

So now I have to start the game again???? No way! I hate playing games again... I never do

Why wasn't there an update for this? This really ticks me off. There are very few games coming out that I like and now I can't finish one of the few I like!

Don't you people have Quality Control? For 13.99 I expect that the game will run properly.

This is really ticking me off.

They will apologize and give me a free credit... but for what? I no longer play run-of-the-mill HOGS, there are very few games I will play so this is dumb. I want to finish my game. I do not want to start it all over. I just want to finish it.

Edited on 02/16/2012 at 10:50:52 AM PST

MaryDa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by MaryDa on Apr 23, 12 4:56 PM
Tapping hasn't helped me...cripes...

Go to: