bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jan 28, 12 12:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 11:09:18 AM PST

rebeccas1
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by rebeccas1 on Jan 28, 12 6:32 AM
In the first HOS I cannot retrieve the emblem because it is off my screen. I have tried changing the screen size and nothing helps. Please advise.

lmarr54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by lmarr54 on Jan 28, 12 8:39 AM
I'm getting the same "Debug Error" with this game as I did with Devil on the Mississippi. I tried everything to get that game to run and play and was never able to even demo either the CE or SE, so received a refund. I have previous Midnight Mysteries games and they run fine. Everything is up to date. I would really like to buy and play both games. Too bad for BFG and Devs.

[Post New]by rsknight00 on Jan 28, 12 9:22 AM
I am in the basement to do the trick and I cannot give the Magic scarf to Houdini, the stragedy guide says curtain- I am assuming it is the same thing. I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it and it still will not let me give it to him, I have tried all over his body too. This is just in the trial version so I am aprrehensive on purchasing the whole game. I had problems with Edgar Allen Poe and had to delete it and get my money back but I am hoping this won't be the case with this game also as it looks like one I would like to play. Help! Thanks

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 28, 12 9:25 AM
rsknight00 wrote:I am in the basement to do the trick and I cannot give the Magic scarf to Houdini, the stragedy guide says curtain- I am assuming it is the same thing. I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it and it still will not let me give it to him, I have tried all over his body too. This is just in the trial version so I am aprrehensive on purchasing the whole game. I had problems with Edgar Allen Poe and had to delete it and get my money back but I am hoping this won't be the case with this game also as it looks like one I would like to play. Help! Thanks
No, you actually have to take the curtain off by the window in the study and give that to Houdini. The magic scarf you use a little bit later. Hope this helps.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 28, 12 10:25 AM
rebeccas1 wrote:In the first HOS I cannot retrieve the emblem because it is off my screen. I have tried changing the screen size and nothing helps. Please advise.

I think that you may be looking in the wrong area for the emblem. Highligt to read.

It is over to the right and not to the left where the raven first goes.
Hope that this helps.

[Post New]by Mystery_Fan on Jan 28, 12 10:51 AM
My computer locks up after playing the game for just a few minutes and I have to shut of the PC. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game - no change. I am running W7 on a pretty high-end Alienware workstation. I can run the game fine on an older XP machine, but it is a bit slow. I'd like to get the game to run on my gaming machine.

[Post New]by dawnsamjay2071 on Jan 28, 12 12:20 PM
lmarr54 wrote:I'm getting the same "Debug Error" with this game as I did with Devil on the Mississippi. I tried everything to get that game to run and play and was never able to even demo either the CE or SE, so received a refund. I have previous Midnight Mysteries games and they run fine. Everything is up to date. I would really like to buy and play both games. Too bad for BFG and Devs.

Me too and the same as devil on the Mississippi but no problems with other Midnight Mysteries games

ros13
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ros13 on Jan 28, 12 2:11 PM
I'm also getting debug message. I'd hoped to use a credit to buy this game but it doesn't look like I can and credit will soon be out of date.All the other games that I like are CEs so maybe it's time to say good-bye to BFG-too many problems with recent games.

58bemb
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by 58bemb on Jan 28, 12 2:18 PM
lmarr54 wrote:I'm getting the same "Debug Error" with this game as I did with Devil on the Mississippi. I tried everything to get that game to run and play and was never able to even demo either the CE or SE, so received a refund. I have previous Midnight Mysteries games and they run fine. Everything is up to date. I would really like to buy and play both games. Too bad for BFG and Devs.

58bemb
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

58bemb
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

I'm getting the debugging error as well. I too got it with previous Midnight Mysteries game but not on the first ones.

Edited on 01/28/2012 at 2:41:34 PM PST

lilweet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lilweet on Jan 28, 12 2:45 PM
For some reason I can't play the Midnight Mystery Games bought Devil on the Mississippi It still wont play Fust downloaded trial for Houdini and same thing Its like everything is in slow motion same problem with others Does any one have a solution I have sent Big Fish a Dr Felix report and tried everything

[Post New]by RedSox4evr on Jan 28, 12 7:50 PM
debug report, too. Are these games really for win7, 64-bit? I've reformatted hoping that would help, but this and the Dorian Gray have both crashed. It seems all of these new games are crashing. I am going through severe withdrawal...what can the matter be with all of these?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 28, 12 8:48 PM
Hi there,
I'm not certain that this will fix your problem, but I was advised by CS to run a different game in Compatibility mode for Windows XP, Service Pack 3.
To do this, you find the game's folder on your drive and right click on the exe file (application) and choose Compatibilty.
You then need to either run the game from this file, or within the GM.
Cheers

Reggiesmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Reggiesmum on Jan 29, 12 2:53 AM
After meeting Arthur Ford on the stairs, when I tried to get the book from the case it wouldn't work. I left the upstairs room and now I can';t get back in. the Hint says I need to get the book, when I try to get in the room I'm told|I've done all I need to in there. Have trieed uninstall/reinstall - no use. Aaaargghhh! So near the end......

[Post New]by Paintedspoon on Jan 29, 12 1:20 PM
Have the same problem as Reggiesmum. Hope there is something they can do about this as this is a terrific game.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 29, 12 1:24 PM
I'm also getting the debug message and was kicked out of the game twice. When this happened I closed down the Games Manager, made sure I was completely exited from the game, went back into it, and continued on from there. However, the third time this happened, somewhere between 2/3 - 3/4 of the way through the game, although I got back into the game, I can't play it -- as soon as I click on play, I'm kicked out and the debug message came up. Even reinstalling doesn't help -- I'm still not able to play, although I can click on other icons in the opening menu of the game. I try to keep all my drivers, etc. up to date, so, even though I have an old XP which needs some additional memory, usually if I have problems, a game is a bit slow, and, once in a while I just can't play it at all, but this game played extremely well, until the problems showed up. Not sure what to do. I should add that I have all the other games in this series and generally was able to play them fine.

Edited on 01/29/2012 at 1:25:43 PM PST

Ealo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

****************************************************** *********************************************

[Post New]by Ealo on Jan 29, 12 4:26 PM
I am doing

Edited on 01/30/2012 at 12:02:20 PM PST

mickali
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mickali on Jan 30, 12 11:31 AM
same with the Debug message.......can't get the book I need and now cant get back in the room ????????????????????????

Go to: