textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 28, 12 5:03 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 28, 12 5:40 AM
textrekkie wrote:A place for your comments about the game.

(Hey Tex--looks like the other "vanilla," game-name-only thread is starting to fill in--you wanna visit there? Just a thought.)

Regards, elldee

Re:Comments for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jan 28, 12 6:29 AM
I really wanted to like this game, but it is so dark on my monitor it is just too frustrating. I can't find so many of the objects I just gave up. You start out with no hints in a very dark H0 scene, and there is nothing you can do until you find all of the objects. I finally found all of them after way too much time, and a start of a headache. The next scene is almost as dark, and so on. I don't find this fun or intriguing, just frustrating. So no buy for me.

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Jan 28, 12 6:36 AM
I love the game, and after 5 minutes I bought it. I'm having a great time

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 28, 12 6:46 AM
(A reprint from another "M-M" thread)--

-----------------------------------------------------------
Rebeca_Lily wrote:

MsFreddie wrote:
Woop de woop...an intergrated Stategy Guide!

Will buy else where, not from here.

1) Why?

2) Why declare it here?
------------------------------------------------------------

(A bit off-topic first, then back on track--I personally don't ever need to know that someone is gonna visit another website for a game purchase. But good luck for spending 2 x $ for wallpapers, screensavers, and concept art--"Woop de woop"!)

(On topic)--I'm very familiar with the developer and the series; I only spent about 10 minutes with the demo b4 deciding to "Buy It," using a PCC to boot (if that qualifies as "buying")! Lots of old "friends" back--Ravens, clovers, skeleton-hand cursor!

I'll probably offer a review as I get way into the game, but so far--Great! A nice "out-the-door" debut for the "Deluxe" version!

Regards, elldee

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 28, 12 6:53 AM
elldee2728 wrote:

(Hey Tex--looks like the other "vanilla," game-name-only thread is starting to fill in--you wanna visit there? Just a thought.)

Regards, elldee

LOL - I always make a Comments thread if there isn't one by the time I get here.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 28, 12 11:34 AM
textrekkie wrote:
elldee2728 wrote:

Regards, elldee

LOL - I always make a Comments thread if there isn't one by the time I get here.

Yes you do, thank you text. What a shame that do not make one, when they make the reviews thread

This seems to be a very good game for an SP (standard price). Could be a buy for me. Good graphics, no altering the options for full screen and possibly an interesting story.

[Post New]by Embroider on Jan 28, 12 12:23 PM
Well complain as you will, BF is very innovative in their approach to providing games for all of us gamers. I think the built-in stradegy guide is great. I can't always push ahead without the guides. Thank you BF - way to go.

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Jan 28, 12 2:50 PM
Five hours and not finished yet - on "advanced" mode (the middle one).

Excellent game. Collectibles, interactive H0Gs, intelligent storylines, choice of levels - gaming heaven.

More Deluxe games, please, Big Fish. Lots of us are feeling the pinch where money's concerned, we can't always afford CEs. You'll get a dedicated bunch of customers if you work with the developers and bring out games like this as Deluxe.

Iz

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 28, 12 3:02 PM
If anyone is in here... am I going to miss out if I play on hardest mode where all of the ravens are removed? I like finding bonus things but don't like any in-game help. Please advise...

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 28, 12 3:07 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:If anyone is in here... am I going to miss out if I play on hardest mode where all of the ravens are removed? I like finding bonus things but don't like any in-game help. Please advise...
I didn't play on the hardest mode, shadowfax, but I don't think you will miss out. Finding all 52 of the ravens is one of the Achievements, and I don't think (?) that would differ for any of the three modes of play.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 28, 12 3:11 PM
Thank you Lady Cav, I appreciate your response. Off to play!! Have a great weekend.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 28, 12 3:30 PM
You're welcome, shadowfax. Hope you have fun with it. I like this one better than Devil on the Mississippi.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jan 28, 12 6:22 PM
I wonder if there will be a walkthrough for the game since it comes built in. I'm sort of stuck. I don't want to skip one of the puzzles and the SG does not give the answer for this puzzle. I have been able to solve most of them but this one has me stumped.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 28, 12 7:05 PM
Hi there crazybluegirl,
Which puzzle is puzzling you?
Maybe someone here can help you.
Cheers

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Jan 28, 12 10:38 PM
I saw in "Reviews" a complaint about Tarot cards and seances in this game. Tarot cards and seances are bad, but it's okay if these games have murders all the time? Just wonderin . . .

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jan 29, 12 4:58 AM
Hello dear Fishies, a great game. I used a credit. Happy, happy swimming.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 29, 12 7:37 AM
Well I finally got to use a credit, This was a pretty fun and interesting game so I give it a 10-10

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jan 29, 12 1:27 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there crazybluegirl,
Which puzzle is puzzling you?
Maybe someone here can help you.
Cheers

I'm stuck at the coffin. I think I will just skip out on the achievements. I rarely earn them anyway.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 29, 12 3:05 PM
this game! I've really liked other games in this series and this one does not disappoint. The built-in guide is SUPER ! Happy collecting.

Go to: