bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Whispers

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 30, 12 11:44 AM
While doing some fieldwork Charlotte Davis has her soul captured by an evil sorcerer! Help her escape his terrifying clutches and return to her body in Whispers! Escape from the sorcerer’s home with the help of another captured spirit and use your willpow

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

Re:Whispers

[Post New]by dakini on Jan 30, 12 12:19 PM
This is an interesting game. There are several things I haven't seen before. First you are thrust into the story from the very first. Then after you've worked through the opening scene you enter your name. And once you are through with a scene you are taken to a wheel to choose the next scene.

There are however several things about this game that are not so wonderful. There are no voice overs. And although the dialogue can be fairly grammatically intricate. The next sentence seems obviously to be from a non native speaker. And some of the names of items are at least obscure if not in another language.

There are a lot of H0 scenes but no sparkles just glows, at least in casual. The storyline is interesting although the subject matter is Voodoo.

I'm on the fence with this one. Maybe as a DD.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 30, 12 12:20 AM

It really bombed as a Mac release.... but, it's only 61 MB so there's going to be no knock-your-socks off graphics like we're getting used to....maybe with low expectations we might give this some slack.....but probably not...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 30, 12 12:30 AM
Oh, that's why I saw 17 reviews already done on 30. January, jkuci. I was wondering why a game that has been released 4 months ago, is being re-released now as a soft release.

Well, seeing that no one seems to have liked the game (graphics are very important to me), I am not even going to play the demo.

But this game can't be any worse than TGT "Cheatbuster", once again a game from gfi, who I dislike almost as much as HdO.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 30, 12 12:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

We're in the process of moving Forums, I'm therefore going ahead and lock this thread as we've created a new general comment thread here.

Please repost your comments over in that thread. Thank you!

bfgRhone

Go to: