bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Reviews for Whispers

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 30, 12 11:47 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Whispers? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Whispers page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to re-post your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 05/30/2012 at 12:42:25 AM PST

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Reviews for Whispers

[Post New]by snookataylor on Jan 31, 12 1:19 AM
Hi, I have just finished the game, for anyone who wants to know there is 5 chapters. I found the graphics ok but some of the hidden objects were small and difficult to find. On the plus side the hint recharges quickly. When I started I was lost as I didn't know what to do, but you play a scene and then enter your name and then continue with the game. There is no voice overs, you read the dialogue. I would give it 2 out of 5.

J4zberg
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by J4zberg on Feb 18, 12 9:20 AM
I've played about 30 minutes. On the plus side, it's got some new ideas in terms of storyline and what you have to do to get through it. I'm not overly fond of demons and ghosts, but they aren't too creepy and mostly you are just trying to figure out how to escape. (Spooky not gruesome) The objects are hidden in logical places and you have to find things to open other things in a pretty realistic manner - do a HOG, find a tool to open another HOG and another tool which helps you unlock the next scene. I like logical progressions.

On the down side, the HOG's are dark and the objects sometimes are hard to see even after getting a hint. But the real annoyance, for me, is the really poor English. Sometimes I'm not even sure I understand what they are trying to say. I taught English as a second language, so I am acutely aware of mistakes and I understand how difficult English is for non-native speakers. But I also know how easy it would be to get someone to proof read something like this before publishing. (They beta test the code, why don't they run the dialogue past someone who is fluent in English?) Maybe this wouldn't bother other people as much.

I might buy this one if it winds up going on sale for $2.99. It sort of feels like the first attempt by a new group of developers with good ideas. If so, my hunch is that the next game they come up with will be really worth checking out.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on May 30, 12 12:41 AM
Hi Fishies,

We're in the process of moving Forums, I'm therefore going ahead and lock this thread as we've created a new Review thread here.

Please repost your reviews over in that thread. Thank you!

bfgRhone

Go to: