[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jan 31, 12 12:06 AM
Any comments fishes?

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Re:Todays DD January 31 2012

[Post New]by ajuma on Jan 31, 12 12:52 AM
This is one of my favorite M3 games. The only bad thing about it is that it's timed. Yeah, I know...99.9% of the time, if a M3 game is timed, I don't even try it, let alone buy it, but this one just was so much fun! I loved the ability to choose your hero and the building...and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember since I haven't played it in a few month!

Even if you HATE timed M3 games, give this one a try!

Edited on 01/31/2012 at 7:58:52 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 31, 12 3:56 AM
Really nice game, the graphics are attractive, the music is very good and the voice acting is great. It downloaded super fast too. Well worth the DD price. Thanks BFG!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jan 31, 12 10:08 AM
I'm only trying it because you recommended it ajuma! (and I need one more punch).

Edit for Review: OK, come to find out I had already demo'd this one, but still had 30 minutes left. It is a cute little game and for $2.99 I snapped it up. The villages are cute and I like the story. I don't even mind the timed aspect, and I like that the crow is going around the outside of the board, so it is easy to see how you are doing. I also like that you can make a match near the crow to pause him for a while.
The only thing that I don't like is the controls seem a little sticky to me. When I click on a tile, it doesn't seem to register right away, or it selects a tile I hadn't intended. I will change to the system cursor to see if this fixes it.
I'm happy to get this one for the DD and fill up my punch card at the same time.

Edited on 01/31/2012 at 10:39:44 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 31, 12 10:29 AM
This is one of my favorite M-3, even though it is timed LOL. Getting to know each Hero so you pick the right guy (or gal) for the job is key. Since challenges vary board to board, changing up your Hero is hit/miss at first. But then you get to know who you can call on for each type of challenge. There are some good threads offering tips on picking the most helpful Heroes for different obstacles.

Building each village and landscaping it to perfection makes for happier villagers. Buy a grumpy villager another tree and see what happens. Watching them find true is fun too. The little white hats seem to be part of the mating ritual. If you find one on the ground, try offering it to a single villager who doesn't have one and see what happens. You can drag single villagers to one another and see if love blooms or if they throw up their hands and walk away.

Sure it's a computer game and these aren't real little villagers. But devs managed to give them a bit of personality which comes out depending upon your actions as a player. That's what sets this challenging and fun M-3 apart from many others.

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Jan 31, 12 11:27 AM
I'm not sure about this game. I really like the story, the village building, villagers and graphics, but the M3 part... not so much. Cursor is sluggish (system one), matching feels slow, it's timed. Quite high cpu usage too...

I have full pcc, so I guess I don't need another game.

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Jan 31, 12 7:14 PM
I played a little of this, but got aggravated that the part at the bottom of the screen (that lets you shop or play) is partially cut off. i tried windowed mode to see if that would help, but it didn't. I checked out the pictures and saw that I'm really not missing much, but it still bugs me. I need one more punch, but think I'll pass on this one.

Go to: