Senior Citizens sign in!!

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 28, 18 10:04 AM
snowmanvt wrote:Just want to mention the thread has reached 100 pages.....all without name calling, insults or a mention of Hitler. ( a reference to the internet meme that no discussion can go past 10 comments without someone invoking that name!). You guys rock. Thanks for all the help and laughs.

I don't know what fact checking source that meme was based on but that is one of the most bizarre things I have ever heard, I've never seen that reference used in a thread, or anywhere else actually. It must be one of those popular buzz words used on social media or the "fake news".

nlphouston
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by nlphouston on Jan 28, 18 10:05 AM
Thank you snowmanvt for starting this wonderful thread!

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Jan 28, 18 6:14 PM
snowmanvt — thank you for your post in “Best Levels ...” re Istanbul 105-1. I had totally forgotten how great that level was is, and am bored to tears with Rome 87 and London 99.

p.s. Us seniors have the best thread going!

[Post New]by LavenderLion on Jan 28, 18 9:58 PM
this really is the best thread! I get some great tips. Plus all the fun of seeing the random comments (like the ginger chocolate discussion!)

and its soooo nice knowing I'm not the only retired person hooked on Gummy Drop!

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Jan 28, 18 10:30 PM
Wow, it was just about two weeks ago we were celebrating two years here, now we're crossing 100 pages and still going strong! Thanks and congratulations snowmanvt for the best thread on this forum, I'm looking forward to lots more fun and laughs!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Jan 28, 18 11:55 PM
The 'Best Level...' thread is great. Currently in Vancouver and spending a short time on level 62 boosts brick and hat count very quickly.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 29, 18 9:04 AM
Everest is back. Flags 1-3 were easy. Flag 4...... sigh. Oh well, I usually waste most of the endless lives window.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Jan 29, 18 9:51 AM
This trip to Everest. 1 and 4 have ice to remove. I used extra moves to complete 3. Needed two swaps to complete 4. Created 2 to complete 5. Rewards were three shovels, 100 and two hours of life. First try I died at the top but climbed again and finished.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 29, 18 9:55 AM
I got flag 4 on my second try, and flag 5 by the skin of my teeth. Will now completely waste the two hours of infinite lives. Shrug.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 29, 18 1:15 PM
Downloading Miami update now! And I don't mind wasting my infinite lives window because I want to make Miami last until next city.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Jan 29, 18 4:45 PM
I just posted the resources sheet for Miami, so send me your PM's for the monuments!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 30, 18 4:38 AM
I just got Gummy Drop twice in the same session, both time swapping with line blast. It's easier to trigger it swapping with a bomb blast. I assume this time it was because it was a rectangular board without any barriers, so the lines hit more gummies. That was Miami 6 tier two.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 30, 18 10:20 AM
Still no Miami here

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 30, 18 12:13 PM
My Miami update came via the iOS App Store, not the auto download on wifi feature that gave me Toronto.

Dang it! I've broken the seniors thread AGAIN!

Edited on 01/30/2018 at 12:15:11 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 30, 18 4:20 PM
Nothing in the iOS App Store yet. I will post this to see if we can get the thread moving again

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Jan 30, 18 6:41 PM
Hi everyone. Haven't had any internet for days and using some borrowed wifi at the moment till we get it back properly. Was just browsing through this thread to catch up and notice there is a page past this one but no idea why it won't open, is it just me or is everyone having this issue? I did manage to download Miami, but that automatically update all available content doesn't seem to work this time as it certainly didn't update all the cities this time and over half need redownloading which is a real pain as usual. But Miami looks good, I was getting so bored till now.

Edit: after posting this, it's automatically gone onto page 101 which wouldn't open before, how weird.

Edited on 01/30/2018 at 6:42:59 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 30, 18 6:51 PM
This is a forum bug with how it treats comments that get removed as spam. The algorithm that groups posts into pages isn't consistent, and when one way says we go to next page but other way says not yet, we have a ghost page for what appears to be three posts.

It's fixed now!

Jefran
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Jefran on Jan 31, 18 6:16 AM
No Miami for me yet
Oh well, I've accumulated lots of coins on older cities while I wait.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jan 31, 18 7:17 AM
No Miami here yet either. My wife and i are off to the Azores for a week. See you guys later.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Jan 31, 18 10:17 AM
Missed hearing from you Jules!

Fish

Go to: