bfgHondo
3,713 Posts

Post any Grim Tales: The Legacy technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 3, 12 11:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,140 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Legacy technical issues here only

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Feb 3, 12 2:52 PM
Now I am getting error code 805600

[Post New]by smazco on Feb 3, 12 3:16 PM
I played the demo, liked it and bought it. I downloaded the full game but every time I try to play, it tells me "thank you for playing the demo" and shuts down. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but no change. I spoke to tech support and was told they are working on the problem. Anyone else having this issue?

bfgHondo
3,713 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 3, 12 4:03 PM
Hi smazco,

Great news! This issue was resolved earlier today and a new version of this game has since been released.

It sounds like you had already tried this earlier, but please follow the steps in the below help article to make sure that you have the updated version of this game installed on your system:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you're still getting this "demo" message after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support again for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/03/2012 at 4:04:49 PM PST

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Feb 3, 12 4:06 PM
There is a glitch with the name plate under the picture over the fireplace. You are supposed to be able to zoom in on the plate, and then remove it with your screwdriver. The game is not zooming in. This was a problem in the CE version also.

saphhire
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Feb 3, 12 4:52 PM
I had the same problem with the demo only version they fixed it played until I got to the drying machine can't turn it on to dry the plaster statue is anyone else having this problem

bfgRhone
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 4, 12 12:11 AM
grandmab3248, try taking the steps outlined in the thread here, it may help you get that name plate off (I had trouble with it myself, and this did the trick for me):

you have to completely back away from the fireplace so that the whole scene is showing, then you should be able to put the cursor in the general area of the picture and the magnifying glass will appear. then when you click on that it takes you to the name plate.

The Legacy - fireplace

saphhire, I'm not totally sure whether this is a glitch. Have you checked the walkthrough? This may help you get through that part in the game:

Grim Tales: The Legacy Walkthrough

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Feb 4, 12 2:41 AM
The slider type puzzle (make 3 pictures at the top) wouldn't work for me. I could move some of the pieces but then one piece refused to move down even though there was room, it just kept bouncing back up, and wouldn't go 2 steps down.

[Post New]by IzzyKid on Feb 4, 12 6:17 AM
I'm having the same problem as Smazco. I played the demo and then bought the game. But it won't let me play and sends me back to the "buy this game" page.

mai66
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by mai66 on Feb 4, 12 11:01 PM
In the CE I had problems with the sliderpuzzle. The tiles dissappear under the frame. When the tiles comes out from the frame, they sits half way out, so they cover two spaces. They now can´t be moved correctly.
This happens in the SE too.
I have tried to install and reinstall, but that didn´t help. I downloaded the game, after they had fixed the "thank you for playing"-issue.
So this bug survived from CE to SE. Too bad, its sopposed to be a great game, but not for me.

nebulla_69
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by nebulla_69 on Feb 5, 12 5:26 PM
I'm almost at the end of the game and cannot seem to go any further. I needed three item for a recipe to cure the werewolf. Iplaced all three in the pot
1.Silver(bullets)
2.Thistle
3.Ashberry
Only to find that I cannot take the now completed potion as the caption is still telling me that I need all 3 items- Is this a glitch? The thought of reinstalling and and playing the game over to this point is beyond agravating.

idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by idbeek on Feb 5, 12 5:40 PM
I'm having the same problem as nebulla 69...put all my ingredients in the pot and it won't let me retrieve the potion. I get the hand with the gear telling me I still need the ingredients. It really is frustrating to be so close to the end and not be able to finish.

idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by idbeek on Feb 5, 12 5:42 PM
Thought I'd also mention that I installed it just yesterday (Feb. 4th) so I believe that is post-update.

nebulla_69
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by nebulla_69 on Feb 5, 12 5:45 PM
idbeek wrote:I'm having the same problem as nebulla 69...put all my ingredients in the pot and it won't let me retrieve the potion. I get the hand with the gear telling me I still need the ingredients. It really is frustrating to be so close to the end and not be able to finish.

Hi idbeek
Just figured it out--- please keep playing and you'll find the solution - Don't wish to post a spoiler but you won't need to take the pot off the fire...thank goodness
neb

idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by idbeek on Feb 6, 12 4:40 AM
Thanks neb !!!

heidsterr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by heidsterr on Feb 9, 12 10:32 AM
saphhire wrote:I had the same problem with the demo only version they fixed it played until I got to the drying machine can't turn it on to dry the plaster statue is anyone else having this problem
Same exact problem here. Can't turn on the drying machine.

heidsterr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by heidsterr on Feb 9, 12 10:33 AM
heidsterr wrote:
saphhire wrote:I had the same problem with the demo only version they fixed it played until I got to the drying machine can't turn it on to dry the plaster statue is anyone else having this problem
Same exact problem here. Can't turn on the drying machine.
Whoops -- spoke too soon. You have to close the dryer door first.

micidawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by micidawn on Feb 9, 12 12:17 PM
I am also having trouble using the screwdriver on the portrait over the fireplace. Everytime I try it says I can't use that item here. It worked on the CE demo, but won't work on this one. HELP!

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Feb 9, 12 6:32 PM
The walk through says to use the small rake & water to weed the flower bed,in the arboretum, but every time I try it says to try something else. I'm stuck !What gives?

[Post New]by Edna750 on Feb 11, 12 10:53 AM
I'm stuck at the Entrance of the Castle. Placed the generator with fan to get rid of the fog. Only I hadn't put the loaded battery in the generator. And now the generator won't take it. What to do?

Go to: