bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 4, 12 12:24 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls technical issues here only

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Feb 4, 12 3:12 AM
Sadly the cursor was a bit jerky, and in the H0G scenes the items took longer to disappear than any other game. Lag time between click and item going away.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Feb 4, 12 4:36 AM
No change from the CE to the SE. This game still only plays in the center of my screen - about 8 inches square. can't change screen size at all. no buy for me.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 4, 12 5:02 AM
Hmmmm, just tried to download the demo and all I got was a box telling me it was a binary and did I want to save it. No download option. Crazy. I guess its a no play for me. What happened?

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Feb 4, 12 5:20 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:Sadly the cursor was a bit jerky, and in the H0G scenes the items took longer to disappear than any other game. Lag time between click and item going away.
The whole game is jerky for me. The hint goes away so fast I miss where it was pointing. I can't play a game that is so jerky, it's annoying. So no buy for me.

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Feb 4, 12 8:20 AM
bessiegirl wrote:Hmmmm, just tried to download the demo and all I got was a box telling me it was a binary and did I want to save it. No download option. Crazy. I guess its a no play for me. What happened?

What browser area you using? If it's Firefox, you have to save it first.

cmcating
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by cmcating on Feb 4, 12 9:46 AM
I get the white box saying my trial has expired. If this is truly a new release, how is that possible?

love2so
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by love2so on Feb 4, 12 10:33 AM
The cursor is way to slow to respond. I would love to purchase this game, but it
became too frustrating waiting for the cursor each time I clicked on it to respond.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 4, 12 10:35 AM
cmcating wrote:I get the white box saying my trial has expired. If this is truly a new release, how is that possible?

This happens sometimes; try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game.

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Feb 4, 12 12:22 PM
I can't even try this game as it says I need to adjust my screen resolution to something that will support the game. I have my screen on optimum res and other games work just fine. Maybe the developers need to finish making this product.

dynabee
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by dynabee on Feb 4, 12 1:10 PM
In the grand hall stands a knight that is supposed to be holding a skull piece. there is nothing in his hands. Is this a glitch or what?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 4, 12 2:11 PM
LuvDemGames wrote:
spiritdog51 wrote:Sadly the cursor was a bit jerky, and in the H0G scenes the items took longer to disappear than any other game. Lag time between click and item going away.
The whole game is jerky for me. The hint goes away so fast I miss where it was pointing. I can't play a game that is so jerky, it's annoying. So no buy for me.

Hi spiritdog51 and LuvDemGames,

If your cursor (or your entire game) is a bit jerky, please follow the steps in the below help article to make sure that your video card drivers and other graphics software is all up-to-date:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those updates don't improve your game's performance, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

gheudi
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by gheudi on Feb 4, 12 3:27 PM
The first problem I had with this game was that it wouldn't allow me past the demo even after I'd puchased it. I had to remove it and reload it. The are a few other irritations, but nothing unusual these days. The major problem now is that I'm in the cellar workshop and some of the key molds (?) won't move - and it says so! I understand the premise of the puzzle, even went to the walkthrough, but when the game itself says"no", what's to do?

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Feb 4, 12 6:37 PM
@dynabee, you can only get the skull piece after you have put the vase back on the mantle when it falls down. Perhaps you're trying to look for it too soon?

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Feb 6, 12 12:28 AM
ho acquistato la versione se del gioco.....non si può giocare ...è lentissimo.....ho attivato le solite procedure ,come consigliato,ma non ho avuto miglioramenti....aiuto..

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Screen Resolution - Slow

[Post New]by technocratee on Feb 9, 12 3:29 AM
darksprires wrote:I can't even try this game as it says I need to adjust my screen resolution to something that will support the game. I have my screen on optimum res and other games work just fine. Maybe the developers need to finish making this product.

Got the same thing, adjusted my screen to 1024x768 (it was at 1280x768) and the game started and went to a different resolution.
But then it was in Slow Motion, changed the cursor to system cursor, it was a bit better but not enough for a buy.

[Post New]by ikaria33 on Feb 11, 12 11:34 AM
the game is stuck

Scythe has disappeared

[Post New]by ssitze on Feb 12, 12 12:56 PM
I had the scythe, I used it to cut the grass in front of the archer. Now I'm at the cottage and I need it to cut the grass to find the eggs, but the scythe is no longer in my inventory. It disappeared from my inventory right after I cut the grass in front of the archer, but I didn't realize at the time that I would need it again. If I have to reload and start this game all over again I am not going to be a happy camper.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Feb 15, 12 10:37 AM
I really loved the game but it is a no buy for me there is way to much lag in the game sorry BF..

[Post New]by cyclonetracey65 on Feb 16, 12 12:03 AM
Hi, can someone tell me how I can get this game to go full screen on my laptop. Adjusting the screen resolution like on other games, does not work on this one it refuses to start due to DPI issue, I am running windows 7

Go to: