trixie7533
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Virus is correct

[Post New]by trixie7533 on Jan 22, 09 9:29 PM
I have just heard from my virus company AVG and they said that the virus detection is correct. I guess this virus detection every time I open the game and it freezes up my pc. Was the only Match 3 I hadnt played as I was waitng to see if anyone had the same problem. Hope this is solved soon as Felix is rather upset at the moment......hugs

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Virus is correct

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 22, 09 10:08 PM
Hi Trixie- it's a shame AVG gave you the brush off instead of trying to correct it- ALL Big Fish Games are virus-free. The fault lies with AVG.

[Post New]by gcmapleleaf on Jan 31, 09 9:26 AM
I am not happy either. This game is not virus free as I have gotten the same message every time I try and open it. Why pay money for these games if they are going to have a virus????? They better get it fixed or refund me my game credit so i can get a different game!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jan 31, 09 11:55 AM
If you got the game through , it is guaranteed to be free of viruses. I also use AVG and just had an instance probably about the same time as the original post was made where I was getting a virus detected in one of the few games I purchased elsewhere before I found . AVG quarantined the .exe file so I was unable to play that particular game. I also noticed some posts on here about this game from people who had purchased it through also claiming that a virus had been found. I decided to wait a few days before reinstalling to see if the automatic updates from AVG would resolve the issue. After a few days, I tried to reinstall. That worked perfectly, and the game opened without difficulty. I strongly suspect that yours is a false positive that will be taken care of with future virus definition updates. I didn't even contact AVG since I'd seen the posts here. I suggest that you give a few days and then make SURE your virus definitions are up to date, and then uninstall the game from Game Manager, turn your computer completely off and back on, and then try to reinstall the game. I also suspect that you were told the virus detection was correct because that's exactly what it looked like at the time. You didn't say if you used AVG free or the paid version, but if you're going by the forums for the free version, the people running these are not AVG employees, and they say that in their posts.

HTH!

Edited on 01/31/2009 at 11:56:08 AM PST

trixie7533
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by trixie7533 on Feb 5, 09 10:42 AM
Well I keep my avg uptodate and run a scan twice a day. 2 weeks later it still doesnt like the game and Ive tried everything. The only answer I get from tech support is what is already written on this site (which I followed from when I first got the problem and I have read several occassions). I have used AVG for several years and told them the problem (which they checked) and they found a virus too. Have been with Big Fish two years and this is only the second game I have had problems with.

Gatorau
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Gatorau on Feb 11, 09 10:18 PM
I just downloaded this game to trial it and also got the message from AVG. I have never had any problems with any Bigfish game before and I don't believe there is a problem in this instance. I will report this to AVG as I am almost certain this is a false positive.

Edit: Nah. After reading the rest of the forums in here, it's too risky. I uninstalled the game.

Edited on 02/11/2009 at 10:27:03 PM PST

Go to: