bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Feb 5, 12 12:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 02/23/2012 at 3:09:23 PM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

Re:Post any Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams technical issues here only

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Feb 5, 12 12:45 AM
When I open the game and create my profile and hit play I get an Access Violation Error. Message reads as follows.

Error - Access Violation at 0x0041E92D(tried to read from 0x00000000 program terminated)

Any help would be appreciated. I will go ahead and send in a ticket to cs.

Edited on 02/05/2012 at 5:16:14 PM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Feb 5, 12 1:08 AM
I got the same error code. My game also lost part of the first puzzle, and it had no sound.

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Feb 5, 12 1:38 AM
I could not change to window mode to see the whole game. I lose what I assume is the find list

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Feb 5, 12 2:11 AM
Same here, Access Violation

mcfr
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by mcfr on Feb 5, 12 2:18 AM
hi, when arrived to the scene "the dream came true!!!" the game crashed and it is no possible to go on: what can I do to solve the problem? Thanks and bye

ceejaye1
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ceejaye1 on Feb 5, 12 3:27 AM
I also keep getting access violation error.

mcfr
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by mcfr on Feb 5, 12 3:28 AM
Hi all, I solved my problem unistalling the game and the reinstallig it. Good gaming!!!!!

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Feb 5, 12 3:37 AM
After gaining access to room where man was awakened the game froze and said Access Violation.
I restarted the game and in same room after collecting tophat, shoes, cane, and tux, game froze again with access violation notice.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Feb 5, 12 6:46 AM
Downloaded the game created a profile pressed the play button access violation right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Feb 5, 12 6:48 AM
only problem I have had with this game is that there is absolutely NO sound. Also, the cursor seems to be a bit jerky. Since for the few minutes I played it does not appeal to me, it's not worth the effort of uninstalling and re-installing to see if I get sound.

oh well -

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Feb 5, 12 7:29 AM
Put in my name, pressed play and voila...............my computer was completely frozen and I had to reboot. Not nice!

fnlalesi
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by fnlalesi on Feb 5, 12 7:39 AM
Finally finished the second chapter, only to have it go back to the beginning of that chapter, and half the things I need to complete it are no longer available (HO scenes already played, but no longer have the items I need from them). What a waste of time and money

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Feb 5, 12 8:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like some of you are getting an Access Violation error message while starting the game, if you haven't already, I'd recommend giving the steps in the below help article a try:

Access Violation

For those of you who are experiencing some game crashing or freezing issues, you might want to check out this help page article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game is still not working properly after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Be sure to include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems.

Thanks!
bfgKenai

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Feb 5, 12 8:59 AM
I bought the game, and just when you've solved the Detective part, it throws you back to the beginning of that part of the game...except that you have everything opened, discovered, fixed, etc. It's like the movie "Groundhog Day" except that you can't escape even when you've gotten everything done correctly.

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Feb 5, 12 9:21 AM
ivillagegrinch wrote:I bought the game, and just when you've solved the Detective part, it throws you back to the beginning of that part of the game...except that you have everything opened, discovered, fixed, etc. It's like the movie "Groundhog Day" except that you can't escape even when you've gotten everything done correctly.

Same problem I am havinf...Chapter 2 will not end for me.....after I crack the safe and see the cut scene it goes back to the crime scene! I have done this 2x I only have to cut the roses & go to the safe again then goes right back to the beginning...Any ideas other than to start a new profile?

Thanks,

Abbey

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Feb 5, 12 9:33 AM
I am having the same problem as Akaabbey and a couple of others on here. Finished the 2nd chapter and when I cracked the safe it threw me back to the same chapter, however, minus the items needed to complete it. I don't want to have to play the 2nd chapter over again. I'll try uninstall and install and see if that works.

Edited for update -

I uninstalled the game and re-installed it and still the same problem. Is there a fix coming soon? I'll see what tomorrow brings, otherwise BF owes me a credit.

Edited on 02/05/2012 at 9:52:18 AM PST

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Feb 5, 12 9:42 AM
Mimisix wrote:I am having the same problem as Akaabbey and a couple of others on here. Finished the 2nd chapter and when I cracked the safe it through me back to the same chapter, however, minus the items needed to complete it. I don't want to have to play the 2nd chapter over again. I'll try uninstall and install and see if that works.

Same here. I was enjoying the game; sorry to have this glitch. BTW: I never got to the point where I fixed the scenery for the ballerina. Wonder if that was an omen.

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Feb 5, 12 9:57 AM
Chuckling here. KCErin quoted me with my misuse of through instead of threw. But I corrected it in my update.

Overall the game is kinda interesting. Certainly different and you don't get much help playing in hard mode.

[Post New]by kitharris11 on Feb 5, 12 10:35 AM
Game froze in compere's room after waking him. The cursor would only appear in a small area in the center of the screen. There was no getting out of the game. I pressed again on the man and it froze and crashed. I opened the game again and it started at the beginning again. Now I'm uninstalling.

Go to: