bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Reviews for Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Feb 5, 12 12:20 AM
Hi Fishies!

We’d love to hear what you think of Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams ; your reviews are very important to us and to other Fishies. And now you’re more than welcomed to post your thoughts about this game right from the Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams page over Here!

For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

You can also specify if you played the game from the trial version or the full version and on which level you ended your game play, so that other players can get more out of this discussion !

If you are experiencing technical issues with this game, remember to check out the support thread for this game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!
bfgKenai

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Reviews for Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams

[Post New]by nomatt on Feb 5, 12 12:52 AM
What a great shame Ghosttown: The Cats of Ulthar Collector's Edition didn't show up.

Bedtime stories is (I found) not very good at all. It's all hand holding. I had a part right at the beginning where I knew what to do but it wouldn't let me until I had looked in the journal so it could tell me what to do! I found it irritating. Of course everybody has to make up their own minds but after 25 mins it's the delete bin for this one.
Now then, where can I get Ghosttown: The Cats of Ulthar Collector's Edition?

Edited on 02/05/2012 at 2:07:01 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 5, 12 12:59 AM

I just played about 40 minutes of the demo.

The "ballerina" story. All I can say is that she really didn't want her "dream" very much. I was irritated that such trivial incidents deterred her.

Oh, and in her wardrobe I couldn't locate a couple of the objects and found the hint button hopeless because the locator mechanism disappeared too fast.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 5, 12 1:59 AM
nomatt wrote:What a great shame Ghosttown: The Cats of Ulthar Collector's Edition didn't show up.

This game will be out tomorrow as TGT.

Edited to add: Ooops... sorry, I thought it was Saturday. LOL Yes, you are right. This game should have been out today. I am guessing there were a few glitches and bugs that first need ironing out.

--- --- ---

This review is based on the trial version, which I played in Easy mode.

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is no voice-over.

There is only a custom cursor.

The HOS (hidden object scenes) have nice graphics and objects are easy enough to see.

Puzzles can be skipped.

Both the HINT button (which also works outside of the HOS), and the SKIP button fill relatively fast.

--- --- ---

I very much enjoyed the trial version of this game, and bought it. The colours are bright, gameplay is fun, and graphics are pleasing to the eyes (my eyes, anyway).

This game won't be to everyone's liking, but I am loving it.

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Edited on 02/05/2012 at 2:54:22 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Feb 5, 12 2:55 AM
WHat no CE? WOw like pavlov's dog, I was really use to having my CE game on Sunday. Oh well off to try this game, have some game credits on hand. Have a great Sunday everyone. Cheers....

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 5, 12 3:26 AM
This game has me undecided.
The graphics are very good, and the hidden object scenes are bright and colorful.
The puzzles were easy enough.
But the story of the ballerina was uninteresting to the point of boring and I found myself wanting to get to the next of the 4 parts of the game----a detective, a chocolatier, and an adventurer all of which seem more interesting than the ballerina. But when I finished the ballerina part the sample was over. (it took me 55 minutes to finish the sample so does that mean the game would be around 4 hours?----who knows?)
It should be said that the English in this game is atrocious.
So overall, I need to see some other reviews before I decide on this one.
Enjoy, everyone!

Edited on 02/05/2012 at 3:37:43 AM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Feb 5, 12 3:52 AM
This game from Absolutist & Happy Artist games has excellent graphics & the artwork is a sophisticated form of cartoon in the main scenes, the hidden object scenes are the style we are all used to. The music is a lilting lullaby & easily forgettable.

In the game you go into the dreams of a family member & help to right things that happened long ago & bring them happiness. In regular mode there are hints both in the main screens & the H0 but in expert the hint only appears in the H0s; it only takes 60 seconds to recharge. There are no sparkles & no other type of help apart from the in game dialogue but that does do a lot of hand holding. Even so in expert mode it is easy to end up not knowing what to do or where to go next so is a bit of a challenge.

There are some fun puzzles to solve but there were not enough in the sample to know if there will be a lot of them. It only took me 40 minutes to finish the sample & although I liked the look of the game the story did not really grab me. Am on the undecided bench at the moment.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 5, 12 5:00 AM
Well it is a nice bright cartoon style game which comes with Music, Sound, Full screen options only but there are 2 levels of difficulty. In the hardest mode the hint button only works when you are in the hidden object scenes.

I agree with Jkuci about the hint button, I never even got a glimpse of which direction the object was in when I used it and it took me a few attempts to spot where it highlighted and when it did the object was mostly behind another one . While waiting I got a little bit frustrated and was clicking here and there and got a loop de loop cursor for my trouble .

The overall story initially sounded promising but the first person's one is not that enthralling and so I think I will wait for more information about the other family members before considering purchasing.

Cherb

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 5, 12 5:02 AM
I love this game. Its a pretty nice, colourfull and charming game. Graphic is pretty good, puzzles too. I like also the nice storyline. I will buy this game today with a credit

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Feb 5, 12 5:19 AM
Hi all, well, after 5 minutes I was so bored, guess I'm spoiled by the CE's this was very babyish. Happy Superbowl Day to All!!!!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Feb 5, 12 6:01 AM
For once I don't agree completely with Valdy Sorry Valdy but I finished the demo with 21 minutes to spare. It was just to easy!

The graphics and story could have been a fun change but there were just to many things I didn't care for. There is no hand when you need to pick something up so you have to click around and see if you need anything in the area.

You have one task at a time. Find an object and use it! That's it. Sorry just didn't grab me.

Although right now I would take even this to have something to play. For some reason I am unable to purchase games

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 5, 12 6:09 AM
bratzgram wrote:For once I don't agree completely with Valdy Sorry Valdy but I finished the demo with 21 minutes to spare. It was just to easy!

The graphics and story could have been a fun change but there were just to many things I didn't care for. There is no hand when you need to pick something up so you have to click around and see if you need anything in the area.

You have one task at a time. Find an object and use it! That's it. Sorry just didn't grab me.

Although right now I would take even this to have something to play. For some reason I am unable to purchase games

Awww... never mind. This game is a little awkward, and somewhat old-fashioned in some ways, but I really enjoyed the trial, which took me almost an hour to play - but then I am a slow player.

I know, you can only do one thing at the time - that also reminded me of older adventure games, kind of pointing-and-clicking your way through the game. And it might have been nice for the cursor to change when you come across an object that needs to be picked up.
But I loved the gameplay, it kept me interested, and I liked the puzzles/mini games, and am looking forward to continue this game (after I finish with BCA: London Story).

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Feb 5, 12 6:34 AM
nomatt wrote:

Bedtime stories is (I found) not very good at all. It's all hand holding. I had a part right at the beginning where I knew what to do but it wouldn't let me until I had looked in the journal so it could tell me what to do! I found it irritating. Of course everybody has to make up their own minds but after 25 mins it's the delete bin for this one.

Ditto.

[Post New]by AnneBerry1 on Feb 5, 12 6:41 AM
The graphics are good, story not very interesting and unfortunately the game freezes and when you return seems to have lost all the progress. That's annoying, so can't recommend it at this point.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Two modes of play?

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 5, 12 6:52 AM
MaryEl wrote:In the Options menu there was not a choice for a mode of play. No Advanced method, just the Easy one. Am I missing something or does the Trial version not offer a choice? Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.

After you have put a name in the Profile and clicked on the word Play a box appears which states ...

REGULAR MODE ... Hints available in all screens.
Hint is restoring faster than in Expert Mode.

EXPERT MODE ... Hint is available only during hidden object tasks.
Hint is restoring slower than in Regular Mode.

And there is a small box at the side of each for you to tick your choice.

Happy gaming .

Cherb

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Feb 5, 12 7:11 AM
I played for 12 minutes and knew it wasn't for me. I was thinking of Deadtime Stories when I downloaded it thinking it was a sequel...wrong again! No buy for me..and should've known since it wasn't a CE that it wouldn't be anything I'd want to buy. GO GIANTS!

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Feb 5, 12 7:18 AM
I guess I didn't see the idea behind this game. I was unsure most of the time, what to do next. Yes the graphics are good. I only played the demo and competed it in 32 minutes. I was not motivated to keep going. This is a no buy for me. Just felt bored.
Vallarina

[Post New]by vryclassey on Feb 5, 12 8:20 AM
Chapter 2 the Detective. Am I missing something. I have gotten all the way through it and the father becomes a detective but instead of progressing to the next scene Chapter 2 starts over. Help.

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Feb 5, 12 8:24 AM
This review is based on the demo. I played advanced mode.

I thought the story was sweet - nice for a lazy day.

The game opened in full screen on my monitor (thanks to DH for this lovely present) and had bars on my laptop screen. This seems to be pretty typical. Must be the settings on the two devices.

The hidden object scenes are easy so far.

The hints did not work for me outside the HOS. This made some actions more difficult - it took me a while to figure out how to get the last piece of the picture. It was a "Duh" moment when I did figure it out.

I did not have to reference the journal to complete an activity as was stated earlier - this could be because I used advanced instead of casual.

All-in-all, I am enjoying the game and will use a game club credit to buy it.

[Post New]by gipsy_2007 on Feb 5, 12 9:05 AM
I'm having the same problem with Chapter 2: I finished hit, watched the short scene, hit next and ended up right back in the middle of the same chapter. Very boo! What is the issue with this game? Did I just waste one of my gift game thingys to get a dud?

Go to: