DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 5, 12 12:21 AM
Hi there,
I admit I might have missed some information somewhere along the line, but this game has a cost price of an SE, no mention of a SG to make it a DE, but has a Sample Version that is much smaller than the full game as we usually experience with a CE.
So?
I have seen mentions of this game elsewhere as a "different" version, but have just tried and purchased it with a PC credit to see what would happen (hope I enjoy it, LOL).
So it would appear that we have SE Sunday this week.
Great as far as I am concerned.
Cheers

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Comments for Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Feb 5, 12 12:31 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
I admit I might have missed some information somewhere along the line, but this game has a cost price of an SE, no mention of a SG to make it a DE, but has a Sample Version that is much smaller than the full game as we usually experience with a CE.
So?
I have seen mentions of this game elsewhere as a "different" version, but have just tried and purchased it with a PC credit to see what would happen (hope I enjoy it, LOL).
So it would appear that we have SE Sunday this week.
Great as far as I am concerned.
Cheers

Hi DLO - Yes they can package the sample into a smaller download from what the full game is. Pretty sure I have seen similar with other SE games in the past, not just CE games. Report back if you find this is a "different" version or if it is an unadvertised DE version.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 5, 12 12:45 AM
Hi there MsFreddie,
All seems to be OK at this point of time - I must admit that I was surprised and wary of the fact that there was a Sample rather than 60 min trial and the full version was so much larger.
Along with others have a monthly DL limit and nbeed to keep track of it.
Hopefully I or someone else will have some actual infomation about the game soon. LOL~!
Cheers

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Feb 5, 12 1:19 AM
DLO, I got 60 minutes... Bought it, because I had a coupon, and the resolution is superb. I like bright and beautiful screens.

But the play is very uncomfortable. Yes, there are 2 options, and I play the custom one. There is not a hand sign to show me which object I can get; I can click on each pixel, according the programmer... I only hope that he doesn't have in mind "weird" interactions...

Very annoying and irritating way of play. "New" doesn't mean you have to "upside down" all the usual ways of play...

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Feb 5, 12 2:02 AM
This ones not for me. I found the hos far too muddly, and the translation into english so stilted that it really began to irritate me.
Oh well, I have plenty of really good games to finish. We have had quite a good spell lately, haven't we

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 5, 12 2:02 AM
I agree with you, R_L. And I got this game with a credit.

The game does play a little awkwardly, but this is the kind of game I really enjoy. Loved the graphics and gameplay. And even enjoyed doing the HOS in this game. LOL

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 5, 12 2:39 AM
I do like this game...a bit different and amusing. I'm totally stuck though whilst still in the trial period.
Can anyone tell me where to get the last piece of paper please?
And is there going to be a w/t?
I played advanced as don't want the sparkles...but have been stuck twice in first 30 mins. I'm just having a thick day :-)
Thanks

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 5, 12 2:53 AM
belamba wrote:I do like this game...a bit different and amusing. I'm totally stuck though whilst still in the trial period.
Can anyone tell me where to get the last piece of paper please?
And is there going to be a w/t?
I played advanced as don't want the sparkles...but have been stuck twice in first 30 mins. I'm just having a thick day :-)
Thanks

Hi Belamba...

In the announcer's office, you will find a blank piece of paper on the table. You need to find a pencil, and use it on the paper. That will give you the last piece of the puzzle.

SPOILER ALERT The pencil is in the frame of the picture you need to put together. END OF SPOILER ALERT

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Feb 5, 12 3:17 AM
Valdy I am so glad you did the spoiler...............I have been wandering around & around looking for the pencil.

Like belamba I am having a thick day today

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 5, 12 3:35 AM
This game is awkward at times, and I can't help but think the other three parts will be more interesting----I hope so because I really like the graphics and HOS.

Still undecided.

Edited on 02/05/2012 at 3:38:55 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 5, 12 3:59 AM
SeaBamboo wrote:Valdy I am so glad you did the spoiler...............I have been wandering around & around looking for the pencil.

Like belamba I am having a thick day today

Nah. I was wondering myself where I could find that pencil. SPOILER ALERT And when I was standing in the hallway and hit the HINT button, it pointed to the puzzle picture, and I thought: Right, yes, I know I still have to add a piece of the puzzle. But then, looking a little closer... END OF SPOILER ALERT

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 5, 12 4:05 AM
I don't know, this seems rather childish. Very colourful, sharp and clear though, which is nice. No voice-overs and that text that keeps dropping down whenever you click on anything is annoying.

Again with the language problem. I spent ages looking for a cylinder that was a tophat and a pin that was a comb.

It's slow going. While that will make it last longer, it's a bit tedious.

Bought it because I have a few pccs left and it will keep me occupied for a while.

Will only review when finished.

Edited on 02/23/2012 at 8:05:32 AM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Feb 5, 12 5:24 AM
I had 60 minutes of demo rather than a "sample" and finished it in about 45 minutes with a couple of breaks. While the graphics are sharp and clear and the H0 scenes pretty much "standard", I just cannot seem to "get into" the game. I found that even though I knew what I needed to do, unless I "re-clicked" on a certain scene/area and read the dialog, I wasn't allowed to progress - went back and "re-clicked and re-read" then could do what needed to be done to move on. As others have mentioned, sometimes the hint in the H0 scenes disappeared so quickly that unless I happened to be looking at the right area I would miss the hint. Possible spoiler: In the H0 scene where I had to find a "bird", even with the hint I didn't recognize the bird so I just clicked around that area til I found it - the same with binoculars. There was the notation of nothing else to do in a particular area if the hint button was clicked outside of a H0 scene - that is helpful.

Lots of dialog to read (or click) through. The couple of "puzzles" thus far weren't difficult. I turned the speakers on for a minute to hear the sounds but got no voice-overs and no background music. Could have been my computer though.

The game seems to be nice enough, but I don't think I will be buying it.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 5, 12 5:50 AM
tj1147 wrote:I turned the speakers on for a minute to hear the sounds but got no voice-overs and no background music. Could have been my computer though.

I rather think it's the game - it starts with the sound and music VERY low; didn't hear anything either during the intro until I reached the options menu and could turn them higher. And I seem to recall someone mentioned "no voices" in the review thread.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Feb 5, 12 5:57 AM
I'm undecided about this one. I recall playing one or two other games from this developer (Absolutist) that were pretty good.

The premise is unusual, which will make it interesting--go back in time and change the fame and fortunes of four people. Very sparse Options Menu--two sliders, no cursor choice, two gameplay modes. The graphics are colorful and bright, and the H0 scenes play fair. I was a bit confused about game navigation and what to do next ("senior moments"?)--that could add some length, though!

There are quite a few dialogue-box English-translation snafus, and the dialogue seems to disappear pretty quickly, so read fast! Several mis-namings for items, too. I just don't know about these particular hurdles.

I'm near the end of the demo (I think); might use a PCC on it.

Regards, elldee

(ETA: I, too, was confused about the lack of any sound--checked the speakers a couple of times, and the Control Panel volume--all OK. Only sounds I heard were a couple of doors closing--guess the Options Menu didn't even need the sliders!)

Edited on 02/05/2012 at 6:00:14 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 5, 12 12:11 PM
Not a good sign when the technical thread is as long as the review thread. Will demo this tomorrow but looks like the problems are happening after the sample version when the game is bought.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Feb 5, 12 2:02 PM
Thank you for all the comments. I read in the review forum that the hint button flashes so fast you cant see it???

I have downloaded the game but think I will wait awhile before demo. Just to see whats up this week.

Happy game day

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 6, 12 1:54 AM
care___916 wrote:Thank you for all the comments. I read in the review forum that the hint button flashes so fast you cant see it???

I have downloaded the game but think I will wait awhile before demo. Just to see whats up this week.

Happy game day

Hi Care...

I have noticed that some peeps seem to have trouble with the HINT button. I had no problem. The HINT circled clearly and long enough around an item I needed to find.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 6, 12 2:09 AM
I bought this game because I really liked the demo, but I will not continue with it until the WT comes out.

1st chapter was enjoyable. but I am at a complete impasse with the 2nd one. I have spent ages and ages on it and so far all I have accomplished is 1 HOG. where I found the clapper and rang the bell.

I fear this game may turn out to be a pig-in-a-poke. It will be a shame. but there you go. Happens. "You pays your money and you takes your chances."

Edited on 02/06/2012 at 2:10:20 AM PST

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Feb 6, 12 7:55 AM
I can't put my finger on it but this game just doesn't spark my desire to play it. In the first scene, or thereabouts, when she threw the rock at the mouse and it flopped over dead, that was unpleasant. Ok, so mice aren't nice but I really didn't think killing it or(wounding it) with a rock was necessary. That just turned me off.

Over all, not inticing. Just wasn't a fun game for me.

OKC gem

Go to: