bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Wild West Quest 2 forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 22, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Wild West Quest 2 forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Wild West Quest 2 players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Owlish
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:Welcome to Wild West Quest 2 forum

[Post New]by Owlish on Jan 23, 09 5:26 AM
bfgFlounder, i am having a problem with this game, i really enjoyed Wild West Quest and own it, but with this 1 after i got to chapter 37 all my hints have disappeared. I have muddled through to chapter 41 and still no hints. I know collecting the stars helps the hints to come up faster i have 18 but no hints. I tried reinstalling but that didn't help, there are at least 2 other people from the chit chat forum that are having the same problem. Can you please shed some light on this problem, i have contacted support and so have they. I don't want this game if i have no hints, i don't play well enough for that! So please help if you can, Thank You i know your busy and i do appreciate any help you can give. owlish

[Post New]by gaterry41 on Jan 23, 09 7:15 AM
I have had the same problem, I have 37 hints, and can not use them. Please help all of us. I have paid for this game and want it to work right. Thank you

lisa4862
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lisa4862 on Jan 23, 09 9:01 AM
Add me to this complaint list! I noticed that my hints were gone on the spot the differences on Miss Strawberry. The hint button has simply vanished! Not cool at all! What was the point of collecting the badges if we can't use them?

cnicolls
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by cnicolls on Jan 23, 09 11:08 AM
I also, have the game and am having the same problem. I would like to finish the game, but I am stuck.

What do we do?

mdcrab13
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by mdcrab13 on Jan 23, 09 11:22 AM
I am having the same problem as everyone else and this makes the game even harder! I am trying to collect 20 keys to rescue sasssy sally and can only find nineteen of them and have replayed this 6 times now. Making it not so fun! I have gathered 37 stars and have no hints showing up. Please help with this matter. Thank you!

[Post New]by CharloMari on Jan 23, 09 2:25 PM
Count me in. I'm having the same problem with the disappeared hints. Very frustrating.!

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Jan 23, 09 3:34 PM
On the other side, I played the demo, had absolutely no trouble with the hint button. Liked the game but got a fair ways through it (I think) in the 1 hour demo. Anyone know how many chapters it has?

thanks

qgnome65
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by qgnome65 on Jan 23, 09 6:08 PM
I've still got my hints but the last three objects are no where to be found. I used a hint and it shows up off screen to the left. Nothing I've tried (restarting the level, restarting the game) seems to help. I'm on page 48 in the journal.

lisa4862
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lisa4862 on Jan 23, 09 6:40 PM
I'm very very stuck. I can't find the final difference in the pictures and without any hints, it's never going to happen!!!!!! If we can't fix this, then I am going to expect a game credit return.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jan 23, 09 6:47 PM
I had the same problem on a level, with the hints. I found out that the the hints were working but the object I was looking for was offscreen so it only appeared that the hints were not working when in fact they were. I solved this problem by restarting the level until all the objects I had to find were onscreen. Had to do this 3 times on one level and finally got a list of objects that were all onscreen. Finally finished the game using this procedure. Hope this helps. OK to send me a PM if you did not understand this explanation, I will be glad to provide more information.

[Post New]by cbulldogs on Jan 23, 09 8:06 PM
I also lost the hints but then they came back in chapter 39 but then when you go on in like chapter 41 where you have to find the differences with the man holding the gun I got down to what I thought was 1 more to find and I used the hint then it still told me I had one and we you use the hint it showed the difference was on the his right hand but it is not letting me get it. I am not sure if I am not seeing it or if the game is messing up again. Could someone tell me if they are having the same problem or is it just me or my game.

Thank you
Colleen

DebL
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by DebL on Jan 24, 09 8:30 AM
I am also having problems with this game! The chapter, "The Wedding", there are two silouettes left to find. They are not in the picture. When I click on the hint,
the flash shows up to the left of the screen, but cannot get to the objects to click on them. I can't move on with the game. i too have never had this problem with a game at BFG. i have tryed both the full screen and the smaller screen and also tryed re-downloading the game and this didn't correct it!
Did someone mess up during while creating this game???

Edited on 01/26/2009 at 9:02:33 AM PST

[Post New]by beav_becky on Jan 24, 09 8:49 AM
Having the same problem here. No Hints option available and stuck at The Wedding! I can't go any further...

jscan
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by jscan on Jan 24, 09 9:47 AM
Same problem. No hints, after getting to the Indian Picture.

nitram661
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by nitram661 on Jan 24, 09 1:45 PM
Seems like alot of problems. Hum don't know if i'll take a chance on this one, maybe they'll fix it soon.

DebL
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by DebL on Jan 25, 09 12:29 PM
I am disappointed with this game and the hints not working!
I would like a game credit on this game or a version that works.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 25, 09 7:29 PM
Same problem here. At the wedding, get a little glimmer of hint..like one tiny glimmer to the left of the screen, but cannot get the cursor onto the sillouetted item. Restarted the level 7 times get different items to find, but still have the same problem. Please help us BFG...we love you guys but need help on this one! Thanks, Abby

Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Cynkee on Jan 26, 09 8:28 AM
mdcrab13 wrote:I am having the same problem as everyone else and this makes the game even harder! I am trying to collect 20 keys to rescue sasssy sally and can only find nineteen of them and have replayed this 6 times now. Making it not so fun! I have gathered 37 stars and have no hints showing up. Please help with this matter. Thank you!

I noticed my hints weren't working, either, and I'm stuck at the keys, as well. I find 19, 19, 19, but no 20th! Argh!

cnicolls
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by cnicolls on Jan 26, 09 10:07 AM
Cynkee wrote:
mdcrab13 wrote:I am having the same problem as everyone else and this makes the game even harder! I am trying to collect 20 keys to rescue sasssy sally and can only find nineteen of them and have replayed this 6 times now. Making it not so fun! I have gathered 37 stars and have no hints showing up. Please help with this matter. Thank you!

I noticed my hints weren't working, either, and I'm stuck at the keys, as well. I find 19, 19, 19, but no 20th! Argh!

Cynkee....I managed to muddle my way through to the keys, as well, even though it took (somethimes) 6 visits to a "find the differences" level before I found the last one. But I am in the same boat as youa re, now. I have visited that KEY page more than 6 times now, restarted, and done a lot of swearing under my breath. I cannot find that last key.

I am wondering if, with all the other programming oversights in this game....maybe it isn't there.

If we ever get a fix that gives us back the hint button, maybe we will find out.

BTW....I sent a complaint to BF Tech Support. That was 3 days ago....no answer, as of today. I read in another thread that the wait time is up to 5 days. THAT is not encouraging.

Go to: