bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe! February 6, 2012.

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 6, 12 11:19 AM
We have a new version of Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe up and ready for you now. This update takes care of

• The debug error, where the book in the study cannot be picked up and results in a crash.
• The Mr. Doyle progression block.

To get the newest version you'll just need to uninstall and reinstall the game. Note: Players who experienced these issues will need to create a new profile and start over for these updates to take effect. We apologize for any inconvenience. For help with uninstalling and reinstalling check out this help article here:

Uninstalling and Reinstalling

If you still have trouble after the update, just get in touch with our Customer Support team for help. One of our reps will be happy to help.

Happy gaming!

bfgCimarron

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe! February 6, 2012.

[Post New]by disprin245 on Feb 6, 12 3:59 PM
Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but still cannot finish the game, I am heartily sick of buying games from you that I can never finish, this is the third game that I have purchased and not been able to complete. Want my money back. [removed by moderator]

Edited on 02/17/2012 at 3:13:03 AM PST

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe! February 6, 201

[Post New]by disprin245 on Feb 6, 12 3:59 PM
Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but still cannot finish the game, I am heartily sick of buying games from you that I can never finish, this is the third game that I have purchased and not been able to complete. Want my money back. [removed by moderator]

Edited on 02/17/2012 at 1:37:10 AM PST

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe! February 6, 2012.

[Post New]by phisherman on Feb 7, 12 11:14 AM
This does not fix the problem of the debug report being displayed at the beginning of the game. This does not alow you to play the game.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 7, 12 12:43 PM
Hi disprin245 and phisherman,

If the game still isn't working after the update I'd write in to our Tech Support team and one of our reps would be happy to help you with your purchase or look into this further for you.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 02/07/2012 at 12:43:32 PM PST

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe! February 6, 201

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Feb 8, 12 4:12 PM
disprin245 wrote:Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but still cannot finish the game, I am heartily sick of buying games from you that I can never finish, this is the third game that I have purchased and not been able to complete. Want my money back. [removed by moderator].

ME, TOO! AND I CANCELLED MY MEMBERSHIP!

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 10:55:27 AM PST

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Feb 8, 12 4:29 PM
Does it also take care of the problem of the inability to return to a scene to get something you didn't get the first time in the scene? ie. I've found Houdini on the floor of the train cabin. I need the "respirator" in order to continue. I have the gas mask but neglected to get the oxygen tank. I cannot go back to the baggage car to get the oxygen tank.

Bummers! ANOTHER game I have to start over!

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Feb 9, 12 4:11 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the game after having "the Mr. Doyle progression block" and was excited to see Mr. Doyle at the door. I entered the house but within minutes can no longer progress because the hidden object scene at the desk is non existent. So I cannot get the lantern to take to the bog. I looked at the walkthrough, tried the hint button, walked out and into the house, restarted the computer, etc. but no luck. After 3 hours of replaying the game up to Mr. Doyle, I am halted once again and cannot finish the game. Can you provide a save game for this location? This is why more than one saved game would be a welcome addition to HOG's. Most adventure games have had a great save game system for years. Too bad HOG's don't.

cloudingd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe! February 6, 2012

[Post New]by cloudingd on Feb 16, 12 11:12 PM
Want my money back. [removed by moderator]

Edited on 02/17/2012 at 1:32:10 AM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 17, 12 12:34 AM
Hi everyone,

Those of you still having trouble with this game, please get in touch with Customer Support as bfgCimarron mentioned.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Feb 19, 12 7:40 AM
Hy fishies, who still have problems with Mr. Doyle:
had a lot of trouble to make Mr. Doyle appear, but finally made it. Uninstalled, reinstalled, Mr Doyle did not appear! Tried with another browser, and was able to finish the game. Perhaps this can help?
Downloaded with internet explorer and switched to firefox.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Feb 22, 12 3:14 PM
Well, I finally played through the new version with a new profile and while I was only kicked out of the game once, rather than the 3 or 4 times with the original version, the once was the same, near the end of the game scene, (cutting the lady in half), I received a debug whatever, and have pretty much given up. Too bad, because even given the totally unrealistic plot, still it's a very good game. And I'd collected enough clovers to unlock the unlimited HOS too. I don't even want to uninstall and reinstall -- again. boo hoo.

Surly1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Surly1 on Feb 23, 12 5:52 AM
Well, I just purchased this game 2 days ago...and am stuck like others with 'NO Arthur Ford' to follow through door in upstairs room..no book..and now, locked out of house.

So my question is:

Did I purchase the 'old' version??? I would think whatever 'fixes' had been made should apply to the version I purchased 2 days ago..correct?

Very frustrating to purchase games that you cannot complete. AND, games that have had 'fixes' applied...and yet, as a new purchaser 20 days down the road from supposed 'fix'....gets the 'same old game'?? HUH?????

Edited on 02/23/2012 at 11:58:42 AM PST

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on Feb 27, 12 10:53 PM
Hello!

I bought this game after the 2/6/2012 UPDATE, on 2/11/2012.

Having also purchased other games, I just got to the Mr.Doyle progression block.
Following the suggested steps, I have deleted & re-installed Houdini Delux and it took me directly back where I left off.
Unfortunately, there is no Mr. Doyle by the front door to give the brand to, and the hint button keeps indicating I should do so.

I've also posted this comment in the Tech Issues thread...
All suggestions welcome!

Now what should I do?
Thanks,
Karen

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe! February 6, 2012

[Post New]by 318Pisces on Mar 15, 12 9:47 PM
Big Fish Customer Support is the greatest!

Great game after a little help....

Looking forward to more "Deluxe" offerings!

Thank you so much!

Karen

ETA: punctuation

Edited on 03/15/2012 at 9:50:06 PM PST

[Post New]by She_Devil_edc on Apr 28, 12 12:24 PM
I also can not get into the study now, did before and there was nothing there now, I can not even get into the house. This is suppose the big finish!

I redownloaded and it still does not work

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Jul 24, 12 3:44 PM
She_Devil_edc wrote:I also can not get into the study now, did before and there was nothing there now, I can not even get into the house. This is suppose the big finish!

I redownloaded and it still does not work

Ditto to She_Devil edc...was purchased after the "fix"...had no problems with Doyle, but can't get back into the house...and the SG/Hint both tell me that is where I need to be, but I get a bubble telling me I'm done there and nothing else to do...sent a Dr Felix to CS, not hopefull as some people have tried to start new game and still got stuck in the same spot...I'm 3/4 through the game, as much as I like it I am NOT going to start over AGAIN!!

[Post New]by Lunnunis on Jan 15, 13 1:20 AM
I got stuck with the book glitch then locked out of the house. Not sure when I purchased the game so it might have been the old version. I asked for my money back and got no reply - so I have stopped buying games. Houdini was a great game but being stuck so near the end just not acceptable. I doubt I will want to play through the whole thing again any time soon. Now if I could get back into the game at the point of the glitch that might be different.

Go to: