bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Surface: Mystery of Another World Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 7, 12 2:55 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Surface: Mystery of Another World Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by vickie64 on Feb 14, 12 4:34 PM
Game is running very very slow.. I have deleted and reinstalled and it didnt help

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Post any Surface: Mystery of Another World Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 18, 12 2:47 AM
Hi vickie64,

If this game is giving you performance issues, I'd recommend updating some of the graphical components needed for this game if you hadn't already. You can find the steps in the below help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that didn't help, I can recommend getting in touch with our our Tech Support to see if one of our reps can help you further with this issue.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

upstream
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by upstream on Mar 4, 12 9:06 AM
I, too, am having trouble with the bonus content extra play on the riddle puzzle. I've run the dxdiag with no issues. Uninstalled and reinstalled, as well. I have a cursor and everything looks like it should work, but when I click on the puzzle, pallette, brush or pippette, nothing happens.
Help!

[Post New]by dnenet on Mar 8, 12 10:48 PM
upstream wrote:I, too, am having trouble with the bonus content extra play on the riddle puzzle. I've run the dxdiag with no issues. Uninstalled and reinstalled, as well. I have a cursor and everything looks like it should work, but when I click on the puzzle, pallette, brush or pippette, nothing happens.
Help!

I'm having the same issue on the riddle puzzle. It started out looking OK, and I was able to pick up the eye-dropper and change a color, then pick up the brush, but after clicking once, it got "stuck" holding the brush... I was able to click the Reset button to put down the brush, but now the cursor refuses to change to a hand when I try to click on the brush, eye-dropper or scissors. I can't exit the puzzle without exiting the game; and I'm in hardcore mode so I can't (or shouldn't be able to) skip the puzzle, so I'm completely stuck! (If I'm somehow able to skip the puzzle, will I be able to "come back" to attempt it later? I've NEVER skipped a puzzle and I'd rather not be forced to because of some glitch.)

-e

[Post New]by NospmothR on Mar 9, 12 6:45 PM
I didn't have issues with the regular game play, but I can't seem to pickup the dropper or the brush in the bonus content either.

wizwriter
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by wizwriter on Mar 9, 12 8:07 PM
I"m using a Mac OSX and when I start the game it's just a blank screen that freezes my laptop. I reinstalled it and it happened again. Any ideas?

[Post New]by afpilot130 on Mar 10, 12 6:40 PM
dnenet wrote:
upstream wrote:I, too, am having trouble with the bonus content extra play on the riddle puzzle. I've run the dxdiag with no issues. Uninstalled and reinstalled, as well. I have a cursor and everything looks like it should work, but when I click on the puzzle, pallette, brush or pippette, nothing happens.
Help!

I'm having the same issue on the riddle puzzle. It started out looking OK, and I was able to pick up the eye-dropper and change a color, then pick up the brush, but after clicking once, it got "stuck" holding the brush... I was able to click the Reset button to put down the brush, but now the cursor refuses to change to a hand when I try to click on the brush, eye-dropper or scissors. I can't exit the puzzle without exiting the game; and I'm in hardcore mode so I can't (or shouldn't be able to) skip the puzzle, so I'm completely stuck! (If I'm somehow able to skip the puzzle, will I be able to "come back" to attempt it later? I've NEVER skipped a puzzle and I'd rather not be forced to because of some glitch.)

-e

I've got the same exact issue. Using Windows 7.

sewsavy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sewsavy1 on Mar 12, 12 1:41 PM
Same issue here using Vista. I played the game, including Bonus, with no problems, however, my DH was playing the Bonus this morning and it looked like the cursor was very "jerky" and the scenes changed in VERY slow motion.

I have uninstalled and checked Tech Issues and did the dxdiag with no issues. I re-installed and it's still the same slow motion at the very beginning of the BigFish Games screen.

I have 2 other games on my computer and I tried them to see if there was this issue with them. The one game, Redemption Cemetery Children's Plight, is working fine. The other game, which I just purchased today (AAARRRGGGHHH), Black Isle CE, is doing the same slow motion thing. When I tried the game yesterday in the demo it was fine.

What's the problem, Big Fish???

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Mar 19, 12 2:39 PM
I have the same issue on Mac.

Branes
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Branes on Apr 7, 12 7:36 AM
I'm getting an access violation every time I try to run the game. I've already set it for Windows XP Service pack 3 compatibility as well as "run as administrator."
Am having the same problem with another game from here.
Just updated my video drivers this morning. Still have the problem.

kloanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by kloanne on Apr 8, 12 3:57 PM
I am having the same problem with the brush and palette mini-game. I was able to pick up the brush once, then when I realized I needed to change color, I couldn't release the brush. Until I hit "reset". And now I can't do anything other than exit the game. Windows Vista, and the rest of the game worked fine. Given that someone has this on Windows 7, it seems to be more a game-based issue than a compatibility with old components issue.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Apr 16, 12 6:43 AM
Everytime I exit the game it resets back to the progress I made during the demo. Started with a new player and uninstalled/reinstalled - keeps doing the same thing. Sent in a report.

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Jun 26, 12 11:47 AM
Same issue with me and am running Windows 7.

dnenet wrote:
Help!

-e

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on Jul 6, 12 3:57 PM
Odd problem here. I just downloaded this game today and played to the point where I'd entered the old house, oiled up the rusty armor over the fireplace and was working on the HOS on the mantle when suddenly my iMac *poof!* just shut off like somebody pulled the plug.
I eventually got the 'puter to reboot, and after I making sure all the permissions were in agreement (sorry- Mac geekery), I went back to the Game Mgr and saw that had suffered a Senior Moment and forgotten this game had downloaded at all. He wanted me to start all over again from 0k! Arrrgh! All 853.8MB!!!
Not too happy about that, since the greedy buzzards @ Ver%@#! Wireless have poor rural suckers like me on a strict data cap. Sadly, there's no other game in town at the moment and I get dinged royally for every Gig I exceed my monthly allowance. Guess where 80% of that limited data gleefully gets squandered...?
Anyone else had a problem with a game forgetting it was downloaded if it was rudely interrupted during it's initial play? Or this game going senile in particular??
I'm a little shy of trying to re-download, since I'm concerned the problem with just happen again. I'd hate to have it pull this horsepuckie on me again. That would really ruin my day.

[Post New]by Sparks38 on Jan 28, 13 6:31 PM
Any tips for exiting a HOS?? I need to get the item for the gold skull pendant, but I can't figure out how to get out of the HOS.. All other game functions work fine...
Thanks

[Post New]by Pablo855 on Jan 31, 13 9:53 AM
The game is freezing at the platform on the lake, not able to go any further in the game.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 31, 13 5:54 PM
Welcome to the Forums Sparks38 and Pablo855!

With the kind of things you are both describing, a good first step is checking for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. An outdated card or driver can cause the game to freeze or not progress correctly. We go over how to check for those updates in our help article here.

If you try that and things are still not working correctly, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to see what else might be going on and work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by koasmom3 on Feb 5, 13 10:00 PM
I am playing the IPad collectors edition and can not get to the mysterious platform in chapter 1. I was there and suddenly kicked back to the dock. The map says I am at the platform. My next step - to fish for the jar - needs to be done from the platform. Any thoughts?

[Post New]by sweethartrose on Feb 17, 13 2:38 PM
Bonus chapter bug on Sid's puzzle/ riddle

I can't get past his puzzle. When my game froze and I reset my iPad . Went back in game . Got to Sid's riddle and it look like I finish the riddle . I'm stuck there . no reset button .
Can't do anything. Also paint brush is missing. Stuck in that screen. I try use map. Say I'm stuck in there. Don't tell me reinstall . Then I have to do whole game over to get to bonus section. You need fix this bug so it does not happen someone else. Only thing is to reinstall the game when you fix this bug.

Go to: