DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for City of Secrets

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 8, 12 12:24 AM
Hi there,
According to a couple of other sites, this is a point and click adventure game from Aidem Media, released in early 2011.
Anyone else out there have more information?
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for City of Secrets

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 8, 12 1:03 AM
I see jkuci has some positive thoughts in the reviews thread, so please check it.
I need to eat and run - for a while.
Cheers

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 8, 12 1:03 AM
OMG! This is completely different!

I played for 14 minutes and was afraid that my time would run out before I could understand the game.

IMHO this could be mainly a game for children or the young at heart! LOL!

I would need to use a PC code to get this.

First you have to reach a hook on the ceiling, then you have to build a lift/elevator, from unusual items. Inventory items can be merged together, but which ones are a mystery as to what and when!

Could be worth buying if you want a good laugh.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Feb 8, 12 1:07 AM
Question Ann: Does the narrator ever shut up and just let you play the game in peace? I was so annoyed in just a few minutes I wanted to scream. LOL

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 8, 12 1:16 AM
I think that we need to alter the options for that. I just do not know.

After a while, you can click to hurry him up. I completely agree, he is downright annoying! LOL!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Feb 8, 12 1:20 AM
LOL Okay... I will try it again maybe. I guess I am a little impatient this morning.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 8, 12 1:21 AM
OK. I dived back in,

I turned off the hints, the subtitles and the "always run"(what ever that is), this may be a better way of playing it..................................
I think it may be worth a PC if you have one

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 8, 12 1:29 AM

Admittedly, I am more of a "click and point" adventure lover than a HOG lover so, this game appeals to me on that level but also I love the amusing dialogue in this game as well.

I cannot imagine playing it without the voiced and written dialogue that really is atmospheric and funny. Also, there are some hints in the dialogue that may be of use.

But to each their own.....

P.S. I just checked and found at least 2 walk-thrus available for this game on different sites on the internet.

Edited on 02/08/2012 at 1:33:46 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 8, 12 1:38 AM
jkuci wrote:
Admittedly, I am more of a "click and point" adventure lover than a HOG lover so, this game appeals to me on that level but also I love the amusing dialogue in this game as well.

I cannot imagine playing it without the voiced and written dialogue that really is atmospheric and funny. Also, there are some hints in the dialogue that may be of use.

But to each their own.....

I have to 100% agree with you here.
I just like to get a feel for the game as much as possible before I buy and the commentator, was taking up my free time. Hence, I tried the game with him turned off If I do buy it, I am happy to turn everything back on.
Have fun if you buy it
Although, with the hints turned off, they were still working

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 8, 12 1:46 AM
jkuci thank you.
I too have found a WT. The length looks ok, by my 'guesstimate', so almost definitely worth a PC credit.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 8, 12 2:34 AM

peglegann wrote:jkuci thank you.
I too have found a WT. The length looks ok, by my 'guesstimate', so almost definitely worth a PC credit.

I bought it with an actual game credit (not punch card coupon) over an hour ago and I believe it was well spent.

As another reviewer said, "it's a hoot"!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 8, 12 3:04 AM
After reading the posts of jkuci, peglegann, and Ninui2 (in the review thread) I bought it!
So I want to say thanks to each of you----it's different, it's fun, I like it.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 8, 12 4:17 AM

harkonnen wrote:I got this game for my iPad ages ago.
Definitely a fun game!

From what I've read, this game got high marks from Apple both for the i-pad ap and the the Mac program....I wonder why this isn't available for the Mac here on BFG.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Feb 8, 12 4:37 AM
Way too Kafka-esque for my taste. The solutions are so obscure and obstacles are so arbitrary that I had to use the hints constantly. Way too much backstory and irrelevant details. Won't be buying it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 8, 12 7:18 AM
Looking at the video, I wasn't even going to download the game to demo it.

But I did anyway, just because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on a good thing.

And am I happy I did demo the game. The hour just flew by, and I know that throughout I had a smile on my face.

I just love those British accents, especially the one from the Mole. LOL

I found a walkthrough for this game at G a m e b o o m e r s. Don't know whether the name is allowed to be mentioned, but there it is while it's there.

Off to buy the game.

Edited on 02/08/2012 at 7:37:39 AM PST

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Feb 8, 12 7:25 AM
I think I played about 20 minutes and then could take no more. Sorry, I am really not in to point and click games.....even when the subjects are cartoonish, talking moles and growling dogs.

Boring, actually, and not for me. Agreed with others that the voiceover was way too much, so I turned down the sound and just read the words. That didn't help my liking it any better so I gave up.

Wondering when there will be a game I can buy on BF. Seems like there has been a series of 'different style' games and not my cup of hot chocolate.

OKC gem

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 8, 12 7:53 AM
peglegann wrote:the commentator, was taking up my free time. Hence, I tried the game with him turned off If I do buy it, I am happy to turn everything back on.
Have fun if you buy it
Although, with the hints turned off, they were still working

Hi Ann...

I think it's important to listen the the narrator in the beginning - it's a tutorial. At least, I always have the tutorial on with any new game - you never know what new things you encounter.

But... should I come across him again later on, how do you turn him off? I didn't see an option for turning just his voice off.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 8, 12 8:19 AM
I'm not a stupid person and I love point and click games, but trying to put the lift together gave me a headache. Even though I love the British accent, the constant chatter got on my nerves, which added to the frustration of not knowing what came next or where to find it. If I can get beyond the elevator (lift) thingee maybe I will like the game more. If I buy this one, I will definitely need the help of a walkthrough....... at least to start. LOL.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 8, 12 8:26 AM
Valdy wrote:Looking at the video, I wasn't even going to download the game to demo it.

But I did anyway, just because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on a good thing.

And am I happy I did demo the game. The hour just flew by, and I know that throughout I had a smile on my face.

I just love those British accents, especially the one from the Mole. LOL

I found a walkthrough for this game at G a m e b o o m e r s. Don't know whether the name is allowed to be mentioned, but there it is while it's there.
Off to buy the game.

They also gave it a good review

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Feb 8, 12 8:35 AM
Tee, hee. This is a funny game. I like the narrator and his comments.

Go to: