Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

SPOILER!! Problem with SKIP button

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 8, 12 8:31 AM
I am at the tip, sorting out the rubbish (trash). When you can't make it the first time, and do it the second time round, and can't do it either (I have no idea how many items I need to collect - seems to go on forever), a SKIP button appears after the second try.

I click on it, I get 20 coins, and the Mole says he is going to see Alfredo for the money. However, I can't leave the scene, no matter what I do. I click on the red button, click on the SKIP button again, nothing. And the X button doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:SPOILER!! Problem with SKIP button

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 8, 12 8:46 AM
Well, I managed at last to get enough rubbish into the carts to at least finish the mini game.
This is exactly the kind of mini game I hate. The controls were sluggish, the carts all over the place. And the SKIP button, although it showed me that I would have earned 20 coins, didn't get me back out of the mini game.

Because the game actually froze the first time I clicked the SKIP button, I decided to play the game in window mode, which is almost as large as the full screen mode. But this way I see the "minimize, enlarge, close" buttons at the top right, so I can just close the game if I come across any more problems rather than having to restart the computer.
Also, that way I can have my walkthrough open right next to the game and don't have to leave the game while looking at it.

Edited on 02/08/2012 at 8:47:28 AM PST

whrlwnd
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by whrlwnd on Feb 8, 12 9:19 AM
I'm glad you posted this.

I've had the same exact thing happen when I pressed "skip" (3 times). Couldn't exit out of the mini-game, so, had to restart the whole game. At least, my progress had been saved, so I was able to pick up where I left off, but I am forced to complete the mini-game...which I keep failing.

Ugh! Might I add that I really dislike this mini-game, too. I can't tell what some of the objects are, and to make it worse it gets even tougher in the second round. I know I'm a quitter, but this is definitely one I would SKIP if it weren't faulty.

Good thing this didn't come up during the demo, because it might've discouraged me from buying the game. I hope the future mini-games don't also have dysfunctional "skip" buttons.

Edited on 02/08/2012 at 10:18:12 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 8, 12 10:10 AM
Oh no! I didn't have to restart the whole game. I just had to restart my computer, and thank goodness, the game was saved where I was at the tip.

It took me quite a few tries, but I managed it at last. This particular mini game reminded me of the one I had to do in the "Avenue Flo" game, where Flo had to get different types of book onto conveyor belts. Really hated that one.

This sort of thing really spoils it for me. But I have managed to move on and got much further now. And thank goodness I've got that walkthrough, which really helped me, especially in the maze. *rolls eyes* LOL

whrlwnd
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by whrlwnd on Feb 8, 12 10:29 AM
I envy you...being able to move on.

I'm still sorting rubbish. I keep messing up.

Think I'll take a break for a while and regroup.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 8, 12 10:53 AM
I am really sorry to hear you can't get past it. It's a devil of a mini game. The carts just keep sliding from one side to the other or don't move at all.

In the end I just very slightly moved the carts, trying to see what comes next down, so that I was ready. There aren't that many items you need to collect, but still enough to make it.

Hopefully the developers of this game will see this thread, and check out the game to see why the SKIP button doesn't help or rather, why the page freezes.

I would suggest you declick the "full screen" so that if you try the SKIP button again and can't leave, you just click on the X at the top right-hand to close the game.
The window mode of the game is almost as big as the full-sized screen, so you hardly see any difference.

Good luck with that darn mini game.

monster2
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by monster2 on Feb 8, 12 2:37 PM
I can't get past it either. It's driving me insane.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Feb 8, 12 3:44 PM
Same problem that everyone else is complaining about. I am seeing red because I'm not good at these kind of games to begin with. Then to add insult to injury the controls are ridiculous and then it freezes up to boot!

Devs do not put this kind of game in again! If you do make sure the controls work better and that includes the skip button.

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Feb 8, 12 4:38 PM
Same problem! Really loving this game and hoping for a fix. I just can't get control of the bins to finish the mini game.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Feb 8, 12 5:07 PM
Same problem here. This is SO FRUSTRATING and I can't SKIP!

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Feb 8, 12 6:37 PM
I reported this on the Techical Problems section, as had a couple of others. Of course, there is no "error message", just the #@%$ frozen screen.

It's really annoying when this kind of error makes it through quality control and/or beta testing. I used to work as an IT Administrator - this glitch probably means that someone made a tiny little, itty bitty, change that wasn't fully tested after implementation.

This is the type of error that used to make our users so mad - they would call and chew us up one side and down the other..... and they were right! Programmers must test, the problem is that they don't always test the way a user will actually use the program. Maybe none of the testers even tried the skip button....., they knew how to play the mini-game.

Ah, well - maybe an update will be ready tomorrow - we can always hope, 'cause there is no way I'm trying that mini-game again, tonight!

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Feb 8, 12 8:19 PM
[quote=barbaralbbor message",

Ah, well - maybe an update will be ready tomorrow - we can always hope, 'cause there is no way I'm trying that mini-game again, tonight!
[size=14]

I wouldn't count on it. I'm still waiting for a fix for Haunted Houdini (whatever the rest of the name is) and it still hasn't happened-and they even acknowledged there is a glitch and were working on it. I realize it takes time to figure and fix glitches in a game but maybe if there was more CAREFUL testing of the game before it's release, there wouldn't be so many games released that needed fixing. (just MHO)

I am a little bit more than upset with having played two games within a week of each other that had problems and couldn't continue playing because of glitches. I feel cheated. BFG you are really dropping the ball too many times.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Feb 9, 12 12:45 AM
KBEAR2045 wrote:

I wouldn't count on it. I'm still waiting for a fix for Haunted Houdini (whatever the rest of the name is) and it still hasn't happened-and they even acknowledged there is a glitch and were working on it. I realize it takes time to figure and fix glitches in a game but maybe if there was more CAREFUL testing of the game before it's release, there wouldn't be so many games released that needed fixing. (just MHO)

I am a little bit more than upset with having played two games within a week of each other that had problems and couldn't continue playing because of glitches. I feel cheated. BFG you are really dropping the ball too many times.

My, I couldn't say it better... very disappointing...

Edited on 02/09/2012 at 12:46:14 AM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 9, 12 4:39 PM
Hi fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are experiencing the same freezing/crashing issues when trying to skip the mini-game at the dump.

We apologize for the frustration this is causing, and would like to get to the bottom of this, so if you haven't already, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team.

The more information that we can gather about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the better the chances will be of us being able to fix it.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

-bfgHondo

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Feb 9, 12 4:40 PM
I really wanted to play this game so I persevered and finally was able to finish this mini game without having to skip, but it took a long time. You need a lot of patience. I'm so glad I did because I'm loving this game. But it is very challenging.

[Post New]by kreeds74 on Feb 10, 12 10:32 PM
After getting through the first round, I simply left the game and collected my money. Buy selling some other items (I don't know how to put a spoiler so won't add 'what and to who' here), I was able to collect enough money.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 11, 12 1:59 AM
kreeds74 wrote:After getting through the first round, I simply left the game and collected my money. Buy selling some other items (I don't know how to put a spoiler so won't add 'what and to who' here), I was able to collect enough money.

So did I. But that wasn't the point of this thread. The point is that there is a glitch in the game whereas you can't leave the scene when you click on the SKIP button.

[Post New]by lvan214 on Feb 11, 12 5:44 AM
What a dissapointment!!! I paid for a game that I can't even get through the first episode!!! Trash sorting mini game is IMPOSSIBLE!!! I want a refund!!

manysaying
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by manysaying on Feb 11, 12 9:10 AM
Morning fishies, I had enough trouble getting the sweet potatoes in the cave. But now like the previous gamers, I have to battle with this mini game. No skip as the game just freezes in scene. I will keep trying as I am enjoying the game. But frustration big time.

bini77
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bini77 on Feb 12, 12 9:11 AM
Same here - my trial ended during my first attempt to sort the rubbish - and when I saw that on the second turn I had to sort even more, I wanted to skip. The screen froze and when I tried to get out of this game I got a blue screen.
I really liked the game until this happened... hopefully the developers read this thread and fix it asap! Bugs like that are frustrating because as you all wrote before, this kind of mini game is not my favourite...

Go to: