bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Cinderstone Orphanage CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Feb 9, 12 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/02/2012 at 5:16:20 PM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Cinderstone Orphanage CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 9, 12 2:40 AM
I just finished downloading the demo of this brand new game that I have never played before and it has come up Trial Expired.

???????????????????? please.

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Cinderstone Orphanage CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 9, 12 2:43 AM
Uninstall en reinstall the game. That must be working.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 9, 12 3:00 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Uninstall en reinstall the game. That must be working. [/quote

It worked. Never occurred to me.

Clever fishie. Thank You!

[Post New]by heatherington on Feb 9, 12 4:41 AM
When I exited the game and went back in it didn't remember who I was. I had this problem before with this developer. Now I suppose I will have to wait for weeks to get it fixed, if ever.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Feb 9, 12 6:27 AM
Like heatherington, the game also does not remember my profile name. I've started over three times because my profile doesn't exist. Out of hundreds of games, this is the first time I have ever encountered this hiccup.
ETA: Uninstall and reinstall did not help.

Edited on 02/09/2012 at 6:48:10 AM PST

[Post New]by saratowers on Feb 9, 12 6:43 AM
Same for me - starts at the begining again every time - not happy - had got a good way into game!!

Is this going to be fixed?

game8
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by game8 on Feb 9, 12 7:37 AM
I just downloaded The Agency of Anomalies:Cinderstone Orphanage CE, it gave me an access violation and then told me my time had expired. I never got to see the demo.

[Post New]by fallenangel3 on Feb 9, 12 8:14 AM
i cant download this as it doesnt seem to have a trial or buy it now button to click on ?

[Post New]by alikatdb on Feb 9, 12 8:45 AM
How do you make it to where this isn't full screen. I tried clicking on it and it told me that I wasn't able to because of tehe screen dimensions?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Feb 9, 12 8:51 AM
alikatdb wrote:How do you make it to where this isn't full screen. I tried clicking on it and it told me that I wasn't able to because of tehe screen dimensions?
Same thing happened to me. Evidently, it is not an option with your or my screen resolution. You may have to try different screen resolutions via right click on your desktop and choosing properties. If you need to contact Customer Service for any problems, use the Green Envelope on the right side of this page.

[Post New]by dfvalent on Feb 9, 12 1:01 PM
I just entered a room within 10 minutes of starting (still first floor of house after turning on a light) and the room I entered was pitch black. It wouldn't allow me to do anything (go back, click on anything, etc.). I had to exit the game to get out.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Feb 9, 12 1:20 PM
After buying game I went back awhile later to continue and instead of being able to continue I have to start all over again including inputting my name all over again. I see I am not the only one. This did happen in another CE game. Can't recall the game. I remember with that game we were told of how to get around that same issue. As I recall that didn't work. I know I am the owner of this computer. Hopefully this will be fixed. I will be afraid to start again and afraid to go out, as the same issue will happen again, and having to start all over.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Feb 9, 12 2:12 PM
heatherington wrote:When I exited the game and went back in it didn't remember who I was. I had this problem before with this developer. Now I suppose I will have to wait for weeks to get it fixed, if ever.

Yes heatherington,

You can add me to the list of people who've got the same problem! Pretty certain, like you that I've encountered the "return to guest syndrom" with this developer before too
I've tried playing as "guest" but that doesn't solve the issue (for me anyway) So that's about 45 minutes of gameplay "down the drain"

I'm not sure, but to my knowledge, the last game never had a resolution to the lost player name ( I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong )....so I'm not holding my breath, although I have contacted Tech. Support for their take on what's going on.

Fingers crossed for a happy outcome

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Feb 9, 12 3:56 PM
This game will not remember my profile either. Played the demo then bought the game, went back in and had to start over from the beginning. Played for about 30 minutes and exited. Came back to continue and have to start from the beginning again!!! Can't be bothered. FIX PLEASE.

02bkiwi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by 02bkiwi on Feb 9, 12 5:58 PM
I too have the problem of the game not saving. Played the demo, bought then had to start again from the beginning. Played for a while, exited and when I went back in I had to start again. Really could not be bothered replaying each time. Another game this week kept telling me my saved game was corrupted and to create a new profile and now this game won't save. Do I see a trend starting here?

[Post New]by alicekramden on Feb 9, 12 6:45 PM
This is incredibly frustrating! At least I know I'm not alone. I was able to change the screen size with the demo version and played until the trial was over. Bought the game, now unable to reduce the size and it didn't save my profile either.

It's becoming too exasperating trying to play games here anymore. I'd like to be able to relax, not have to jump through hoops every time I want to play a game. I've discovered that this helps me purchase less games though

Maybe BFG is doing me a big favor !!

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Feb 9, 12 6:54 PM
I just contacted customer service concerning the "not saving my game" issue. It is indeed frustrating to read my very same occurence here by so many people. It is obviously nothing to do with computer administrator rights. Don't know what to do about it now except wait for a fix or an email from BFG.

Once again, like so many others, I tried the demo, then purchased. I went back in to continue the gameplay only to find the game did not remember me or my progress. Frustrating, but not daunting. Started over, played for over four hours, left the game for awhile, came back only to find it was all for nothing. The game does not remember me or my progress. I have a headache just thinking about doing it all over again only to lose it once more. I do not have enough free time to complete a Collectors Edition plus extra game play in one sitting.

Hopefully we will all hear some good news soon. I do not appreciate paying so much for a game only to have this type of glitch. This type of thing should not happen with any game, and certainly not one for which we are charged double the price.

Good luck to all who purchased, and Happy Gaming!!!

Okay...I went in, played from start to finish...again. Got to the extra content and it said I had to "finish the game" before extra content unlocked!!! This is ridiculous!!
I palyed the entire game, even got the credits rolling and now it says I need to finish so I can play the extra content. I am so sorry I purchased this game, regardless of how interesting it was.

Edited on 02/10/2012 at 1:48:00 PM PST

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Feb 9, 12 7:38 PM
I too have had problems with the game not saving.. I played ALL DAY only to come back tonite and have start from the beginning... I played the demo and then bought the game. Once it was bought i had to start over from the beginning.. I thought OK.... so I started over... played all day - closed out-- want to play again and have to start over again.... I am so very frustrated.... my first experience of this nature... will contact CS .... but I still have to start all over again..... uggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Feb 9, 12 7:59 PM
So far I have not had the trouble the rest of you are having I have a different problem. I have exited the tree house and am supposed to pick up special papers and they are not there. I need them to be able to use the plaque pieces I have. The game won't let me zoom in on the plaque to place the 3 pieces. So, I am stuck and cannot get the last overlay piece for the machine room. This is so frustrating to be this far along in the game and cannot finish because of a "glitch".

Go to: