bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Maestro: Notes of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 10, 12 12:43 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Post any Maestro: Notes of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 10, 12 1:48 AM
Hi bfg,

well i tried the trial and having the same problems as before with the C E version, it plays for a wee while then freezes up on me, did they not solve any of the problems from the C E version ????? this must be a problem with the game as all your advice before didnt make the C E work

please please please can you fix this game or dont put it up there for us to buy untill its fixed, its not fair for people to waste money on games that dont work !!!!

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Feb 10, 12 6:45 AM
I got an access violation after about 20 minutes of the demo and it kicked me out. Guess I won't be buying this game!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 10, 12 7:05 AM
Hi kglen1,

Sorry to see you had trouble accessing the game.

If you are receiving an Access Violation, I recommend checking out the following Help article which has some great advice:

Access Violation

Of course, you can always get touch with our Customer Support and one of our excellent Reps will be happy to help you. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.[/b]

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Feb 10, 12 2:55 PM
It wants me to install Adobe Flash Player-which my laptop is
up to date on already.

[Post New]by nativealien4535 on Feb 10, 12 5:51 PM
I am up to date on everything and I too am having a crash and freeze issue with the SE of this game. I am playing on a desktop so it is the game. Everything else is running just fine.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 13, 12 2:02 AM
did anyone get a fix on this game ??? i`d really like to buy and play it

[Post New]by babz7791 on Feb 16, 12 3:33 AM
I bought this game and about half through it everything started to freeze and go slow on me. This is the second game I have purchased were half way into it it starts freezing up. I did not get a fix on the last game yet either. Is anyone going to do anything about these problems? I have been with Big Fish for about 4 years and have had no problems. This is really starting to make me want to go somewere else to find my games.

[Post New]by viviancarb on Feb 16, 12 5:51 PM
I bought and downloaded the game this morning. Was playing the game in slow motion for about 30 minutes when all of a sudden the screen went completely white and my computer shut down. Was unable to get it restarted. The microsoft trouble shooter (for want of a better term) put a message on my computer asking for permission to check the reason it would not restart. When they finally finished, the computer started and has worked fine all day BUT the game is no longer on my computer and frankly as much as I would like to finish playing it, I am afraid of what it might do to my computer.

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Feb 21, 12 12:33 PM
When i almost beat the game, i had to check the task manager for some reason and it said that the game was'nt responding

[Post New]by AnneBerry1 on Feb 23, 12 12:14 PM
Almost 3/4 through (I think), the game crashes. No warning, it just closes down. At the time I'm at the castle beyond the fountain with a swimming duck wearing a medallion. The location sounds silly, but the crash isn't amusing. Does anyone have any idea why this occurs?

[Post New]by Ladyluvsgames on Feb 23, 12 12:49 PM
I am able to download, install, and activate this game with no problem; however, when I click on the "play" button, nothing happens. I get the hourglass for a while, and then it just disappears. I have waited for up to 5 minutes thinking perhaps it is just taking a long time to load. If I click on "play" again, I get the "another game is running..." message. I have uninstalled the game and redownloaded it with the same results. My computer is up to date with drivers, etc. and I have the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player. I've not had this problem with other Big Fish games. Any ideas?

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Feb 24, 12 3:38 PM
I'm having the same problem(s) in that this game either freezes for a short while i.e. I can press Alt, Ctrl & Del to get to the task manager which states the program is "Not Responding" OR the computer freezes & I have to do a 'hard' restart which results in "Corrupted File" when I open the game meaning I have to restart the game all over again.

This total freeze has occurred twice & in different game locations while the temporary freeze occurs quite often - usually in a H0S or when a zoom window is open.

I updated my graphics driver yesterday; Adobe shockwave & flashplayer are fully up to date too.

I'll send a Dr Felix report to CS so they're aware of the problem & I urge everyone who's having problems to also report them to CS. They can't fix things they're not aware about.

K

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Feb 25, 12 6:48 PM
same problem as previous tech post

Nded
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Nded on Feb 26, 12 7:15 AM
I got the following error message:

$ NO STRING $M_21_WRONG_APPLY

when I tried to put the bag in the bucket before the sieve was in place.

I can send you a screen capture if you'd like. Just let me know.

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Feb 26, 12 9:38 AM
after my game closes out(minimizing without me doing it) it won't let me go back in, thus i cant get it to work

diathena
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by diathena on Apr 14, 12 8:14 AM
I have the same problem as AnneBerry1, got approx 3/4 of the way through and game closed down and I lost my cursor for some time. Does posting these problems get us anywhere with Big Fish, I have had some problems with other games I have bought and it seems to me they want me to fix them myself, when I keep explaining that I am not technologically minded and I just want to buy and PLAY the games not have to have the ability to correct game problems which I think should be sorted out before they take our money. You may notice I am very frustrated, due to previous problems, but also I am afraid to try my game again because I do not know what may happen and as I have said I cannot fix these problems.

gamenast
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gamenast on Apr 25, 12 2:03 PM
Like another gamer, I cannot even play this game. When I click on "PLAY", nothing happens. Reinstall does not help. Everything is up-to-date on my computer.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 25, 12 3:02 PM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like a few of you are having problems with the game crashing or not opening at all. For errors like this, I recommend looking at our help article covering some basic troubleshooting steps you can try here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the recommendations in that help article aren't working, please contact our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to help.

Hopefully that helps to get the game running!

bfgSeine

mletang
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mletang on Jun 30, 12 3:16 PM
After I get the notes and put them on the door, it won't let me pick up the notes to place them. This does not happen every time, but once it happens, I have to start over. Any suggestions?

Go to: