bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Maestro: Notes of Life

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 10, 12 12:51 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Maestro: Notes of Life ? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Maestro: Notes of Life page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/10/2012 at 12:55:00 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Reviews for Maestro: Notes of Life

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 10, 12 1:04 AM
hello to all you fishies !!!

i was hoping for a bit of feedback on this game before i try or buy it,

i was one of the few that couldnt get the C E version to work, but i`m hoping the tech issues or whatever it was have been sorted,

so if anyone, like me couldnt get it to work before but this one has then please could you let me know !! i`d love to play this one, enjoyed the other heaps,

thank you in anticipation

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 10, 12 1:21 AM
I don't know if it's ok to mention the dev name or not (ERS) but I'm sure we can all see which one it is----after all, their games are getting so repetitious it's very easy to see who it is.
My, how the mighty have fallen! I felt like I was playing a sequel all right----to the Puppet Show games! The themes are the same, the music is on a very short loop, the hidden object scenes are the same old junk piles, etc., etc. It is so disappointing to see this once innovative, imaginative, and clever dev use the same plots, same game play, and same style over and over and fail to move their games forward at all. For those who have not played several of these games, I'm certain it will be entertaining but not for someone who has played many of their games because we've already seen it. All of it.
Graphics are quite nice as always with this dev.
Voiceovers are ok, nothing special.
Gameplay itself is smooth. (ridiculously long recharge on hint button though)
Widescreen option is offered but doesn't work (no surprise there---never had I had a game from this dev that did have a working widescreen. Oh well, at least the option is there so maybe they're working at it).
Overall, and unfortunately, the game is exactly what I've come to expect from ERS----lack of innovation or originality, just cranking 'em out lickety-split, change nothing from the same old fomula, and see if it sells and draws enough gushing thank-yous and warm reviews to warrant yet one more sequel. (Would you believe Puppetshow 4?!) I just believe ERS can do much, much better. There was a time when they led, but that's been a very, very long time ago. Not any more.
Just my opinion, of course----as always, try for yourself and see!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 10, 12 1:28 AM
And a very big WELCOME to bfgBaikal !!!!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Feb 10, 12 1:55 AM
Bought the CE:

"Charming background, although the plot is eerie!!! You can feel the enchanted "music Aura" around...

One thing: the children of ERS games are the most beautiful than in all games around - just pleasure to look at them...

Stunning graphics! The hints recharge quite slow, so think when you want to use them...

Thanks ERS, Thanks BF! Right my Alley..."

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 10, 12 2:01 AM
Aw my game wont work, i`m soooooooooo fed up

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Feb 10, 12 2:56 AM
I was looking forward to this game. At last! I like ERS very much, their games are just for me, for sure! And definitely I love this new one. It`s like another meeting with old friends.
It`s a buy for me of course!

Thank you DEV and !

Happy Gaming!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 10, 12 3:06 AM
Good morning, fishies...

This is the sequel to "Maestro: Music of Death", and this review is based on the CE trial version, which I played in easy mode:

There is a choice for custom and system cursor.

There is voice-over.

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is a journal, but no map.

There is widescreen choice (for those who can get it)

The colours and graphics are excellent, as always.

The HINT button, which can also be used outside of the HOS (hidden object scenes) takes a rediculous 1 and a half minutes to refill - and this in easy mode.

The HOS have clear and crisp graphics, and objects are easy enough to find.

The puzzles I did in the trial version were easy, and took me less time to do than it took for the SKIP button to fill - beware, the SKIP button takes a long time to fill.

I liked the characters I encountered and liked the voices as well.

--- --- ---

Because ERS bonus games are almost always far too short, and because I didn't feel the urge to continue the game right after I finished the trial version, I have been waiting for the SE to come out, and will be buying it.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Feb 10, 12 4:11 AM
I am so sorry to say I agree completely with CBTX. It just spelt out my feelings exactly.

So very disappointing it really was the same old thing. So now gonna cross it off my "Wish List"

I rarely bother to write a negative review but I felt really let down this time.

Linda

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Feb 10, 12 5:31 AM
As always another anticipated game by ERS. I really think their graphics are the best I've seen. They put together a game that is quite enjoyable to play. Puzzles are also well thought out and different from the norm.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Feb 10, 12 6:02 AM
I hope it keeps wprking! It cost me a coupon plus 7 bucks..not sure why it didnt work with the coupon,but it didnt...I have something to play now!? I think it'll be a good game.starting out that way.

I hope it keeps wprking! It cost me a coupon plus 7 bucks..not sure why it didnt work with the coupon,but it didnt...I have something to play now!? I think it'll be a good game.starting out that way.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 10, 12 6:05 AM
cbtx wrote:I don't know if it's ok to mention the dev name or not (ERS) but I'm sure we can all see which one it is----after all, their games are getting so repetitious it's very easy to see who it is.
My, how the mighty have fallen! I felt like I was playing a sequel all right----to the Puppet Show games! The themes are the same, the music is on a very short loop, the hidden object scenes are the same old junk piles, etc., etc. It is so disappointing to see this once innovative, imaginative, and clever dev use the same plots, same game play, and same style over and over and fail to move their games forward at all. For those who have not played several of these games, I'm certain it will be entertaining but not for someone who has played many of their games because we've already seen it. All of it.
Graphics are quite nice as always with this dev.
Voiceovers are ok, nothing special.
Gameplay itself is smooth. (ridiculously long recharge on hint button though)
Widescreen option is offered but doesn't work (no surprise there---never had I had a game from this dev that did have a working widescreen. Oh well, at least the option is there so maybe they're working at it).
Overall, and unfortunately, the game is exactly what I've come to expect from ERS----lack of innovation or originality, just cranking 'em out lickety-split, change nothing from the same old fomula, and see if it sells and draws enough gushing thank-yous and warm reviews to warrant yet one more sequel. (Would you believe Puppetshow 4?!) I just believe ERS can do much, much better. There was a time when they led, but that's been a very, very long time ago. Not any more.Just my opinion, of course----as always, try for yourself and see!

My opinion also. I have to agree. I used to be one of their biggest fans, but not anymore sadly. It's time they change their style and make their games more exciting. I think someone there is stuck in a rut.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Feb 10, 12 6:32 AM
This sequel is just as good as the first which I really enjoyed. The HO scenes aren't difficult and lean towards being too easy but do have some interactivity which makes up for that. The storyline is pretty much the same as the first game and the music/graphics/voiceovers are all up to par. The mini-games/puzzles aren't difficult and the tasks are pretty straightforward. As soon as an item enters your inventory you pretty much have use for it straight away. There is no map but I don't think it is necessary and I never use them anyway unless absolutely stuck. There is a journal but I can't comment on that because again I never refer to them unless necessary. I cannot comment on the hint recharge time. All in all a nice pleasant game which is not overly taxing. I think this would be a brill starter game for anyone not used to this genre of game.

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 10, 12 7:37 AM
Somebody needs to have a serious talk with the woodcutter who lets his kids go "apple picking" in the middle of the night.

I know, I know, it's just a game, but when a story starts out that way I don't give it my full attention. When it's followed up by a fake kid's voice, I get annoyed.

I played the SE game and, as previous posters have said, there's nothing special here. Most times the graphics were clear and sharp but I found the HO (junkpile) scenes to be muddy.

I didn't play the original Maestro game so I can't compare it, but I've played lots of games like this one, which is just okay. As JulieJay said, this may be a good starter game.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Feb 10, 12 9:44 AM
A totally enjoyable game. Great Graphics music and story. I would recommend it to anyone!

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Feb 10, 12 10:40 AM
Loved the first one (maybe cause I got it when Big Fish had it on special for $2) and enjoyed the trial on the CE. I am getting this one too. Great color and fun.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 10, 12 10:51 AM
Hi fishies,

I just wanted to remind everyone that this thread has been reserved for reviews of this game only. If you're experiencing any technical issues, please let us know by posting in the 'Tech Issues' thread and by contacting Tech Support for further assistance.

If you have a question related to game play, please create a new thread by clicking on the 'Create New Discussion' button on the main page of this Game Forum.

To keep this thread on-topic, the Moderation Team will be removing any non-reviews beyond this point. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a Moderator directly.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Go to: